Edelbrock 1901

private party ads only.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
Imzz4

Edelbrock 1901

Post by Imzz4 »

I put my two Edelbrocks on Ebay since I'm 99% sure I'm going with the MSD Atomic FI for the trike . thanks jeff
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141006757265?it ... m=&vxp=mtr
Imzz4

Re: Edelbrock 1901

Post by Imzz4 »

carbs are gone , and I went with the Holly Terminator EFI.....
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Congrats but just curious what were your reasons for choosing the Holly carb?

Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

HI, You said carb , but I guess you meant fuel inj.
Even though I really liked the Atomic, I didn't care for the need to use a rubber fuel line to the unit which is important for their pump to function properly. . Also I didn't think having the ecm mounted on the unit (heatwise) was as favorable as putting it in a cooler place.

I also liked the idea of a basic spring diaphragm regulator to maintain pressure compared to ramping the pump. Some of the Holly sensors are oem parts.
It does have more wiring , but seeing the quality of everything in the box seems like it was a good choice. I did have to cut off ,shorten ,and cap the rear fuel rail at the -6an fitting to have the clearance where the frame splice bolts are. I made sure the Holly techs were ok with this change before modifying it..
I have the unit on a 1/2" phenolic spacer and an air-gap intake manifold, so space was pretty limited. I still have more to do before its anywhere near its first firing up..! thanks jeff
Attachments
efi changes 004.jpg
efi changes 005.jpg