Front Brake Light Switch

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Gila

Front Brake Light Switch

Post by Gila »

Hi There ,,, I am in need of replacing my front and back brake switch on my 2005 502 and 2009 LS3 SS, anyone know where I can get info on this ,,, Thanks Mike

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: Front Brake Light Switch

Post by Carl La Fong »

All 4 switched died at the same time??? What are the odds??? ;)
The rear is a standard 1/8 NPT brake light switch. You can pay Harley their price or get one at NAPA for a few bucks, The fronts are, probably, an HD item or a Joker Controls item, but I'll bet they source them from HD
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Gila

Post by Gila »

Thanks Mister, is there anything u don't know. No on all 4 going at once ,,, backs on both bikes have been out for a while ,,, just used fronts ,,, front went on my LS3 ,,, want to replace them all ,,, Thanks again.

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Gila wrote:Thanks Mister, is there anything u don't know.
Yeah, how to get my bike running and how to fix a leaking Quadrajet :(
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Carl La Fong wrote:
Gila wrote:Thanks Mister, is there anything u don't know.
Yeah, how to get my bike running and how to fix a leaking Quadrajet :(
Take it off and send it to my carb guy here..Bryan's friend and a freind of mine...he knows his shit.

If he works on it and it does not work I will personally pay for the work..Lee is awesome!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
The Mindless Philosopher

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

I've never had a standard GM brake light pressure switch last for more than a few thousand miles on my 2001 BH ZZ4 Trike (rear drum brakes). Though I cannot validate the info, I have come across some who say that the problem lies in the brake line pressure required to activate the switch reliably (90 PSI for the standard GM unit), and some who say the problem is the effect of the silicone-base properties of the DOT5 upon the GM (NAPA SL134/Chevrolet D2641-4).

Whatever the case, I've chosen to go with a CPP Classics JK613B low pressure 45 PSI rear Brake Light Pressure Switch (installed on 11 Nov 2016 to replace the third dead 90 PSI NAPA unit since December 2014). My trike breaks down all the time for one screwy reason or another, so I've not put a whole lot of miles on it since the replacement (maybe a thousand or so; I'll have to check). But for what little I have ridden (daily commute when the thing is road worthy) the low pressure CPP is holding up well, and is a direct replacement.
The Mindless Philosopher

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

Oops!

The OP is addressing front brakes, not rear.

Goodridge PBL775-44CH Harley Brake Light Banjo Bolt w/Pressure Switch 7/16-24 was the replacement line pressure brake light switch I used on mine.

I don't know if it will fit your hand brake reservoir (H-D/Indian) but it fit mine perfectly.

Old thread, but hopefully this info will help someone. I'll pay closer attention to the dates/subjects. Too eager to help, I suppose.
Gila123

Post by Gila123 »

Thanks Mister ,,, I have already ordered and received three complete sets ,,, front back and spares ,,, all good.