Rear Tire Replacement

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Orlando606VetteTrike

Rear Tire Replacement

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Going to try a BF Goodrich Radial T/A 255/60-15. I had a car tire on my RocketIII so I am familiar with the handling characteristics. If I don't like it I do have a spare Avon to put on. Now in the meantime I have lots of cleaning and inspecting to do. Also, sending my shocks out to Alden for service and heavier springs.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2008 606 Corvette Trike
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Rear Tire Replacement

Post by Iron Maiden »

Wow Gerry! I am impressed! You are really getting intimate with your Boss :maninlove: can't wait to hear the first ride report...

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

orlando502 wrote:Going to try a BF Goodrich Radial T/A 255/60-15. I had a car tire on my RocketIII so I am familiar with the handling characteristics. If I don't like it I do have a spare Avon to put on. Now in the meantime I have lots of cleaning and inspecting to do. Also, sending my shocks out to Alden for service and heavier springs.
Out of curiosity what did you think of the Rocket 3?

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Orlando606VetteTrike

Dave.... I loved the Rocket. If I still had it I would have done the Carpenter Racing kit to it.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
Orlando606VetteTrike

Well I have to say I do really like this tire on the bike. I've noticed it's not as twitchy as the Rocket was with its car tire. Slightly more counter steer in the turns. Lowered front tire to 45 psi, much smoother. The acceleration is night and day. Running 32 psi and the tire spins, but wow does it hook up SO much more than the Avon. Also installed Marvs lift blocks which raises me up 1/2 in. Had my shocks redone by Alden and the 400 springs installed. Great people over there (Ferrel). Little stiff solo, but with passenger feels good. The tire gives some Cush as well. Owning this 502 I can't see going back to the Avon. The rush of full throttle acceleration is something I don't want to lose.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2008 606 Corvette Trike
Jack

Post by Jack »

Car tires for life!
Good job!
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

orlando502 wrote: Had my shocks redone by Alden and the 400 springs installed. Great people over there (Ferrel). Little stiff solo, but with passenger feels good. The tire gives some Cush as well. O
When you have some spare change...$1,500 or so do the Arnott air shocks...night and day difference from stock and then you can be smooth solo or two up...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Orlando606VetteTrike

:-)
2008 606 Corvette Trike