Kewlmetal

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Cheezyrider

Kewlmetal

Post by Cheezyrider »

New front end is installed and I will pick up trike this weekend. Can't wait to see how it feels.
John L. Lybarger

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

New Kewlmetal front end installed
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Kewlmetal

Post by Iron Maiden »

WOW that is one beautiful Gangsta Trike. I do not have a kewl metal front end but I have heard that they do improve the riding experience. Look forward to your first ride report.

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Cheezyrider wrote:New front end is installed and I will pick up trike this weekend. Can't wait to see how it feels.
First Boss Hoss with a Kewl metal frontend with a Boss Hoss fairing installed that I have seen...looks pretty good
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

Hey Cheezy,
Congratulations. Did you do the install? Probably be a while, but an update, ride report, comparison of before and after would be super. Looking forward to it.
Pat.
2013 Pickup, LS3-445 with Hot Cam
Cheezyrider

Post by Cheezyrider »

I didn't do the install. I had it and some other work done by MBH and they fabricated the brackets for the BH faring. I will pick it up this weekend. MBH will get two other trikes for a Kewlmetal front end this weekend with farings also but that isn't my story to tell.
John L. Lybarger

v8 billy

Post by v8 billy »

John
How about post some pictures of the fairing install and the brackets after you pick it up.
Billy
.................Image

.....................................Image
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Your trike really looks kick-ass,John! :ten:
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
Ric

Post by Ric »

Once the boys at Destination Cycle installed my Kewl Metal front end… I fabbed up the brackets for my Batwing fairing. it was surprisingly easy! AND the fairing is in the best possible position for wind deflection with NO buffeting from under or around the fairing. I can still see over top of the plexi glass. AND you can almost whisper to a passenger at high way speeds!

Both handling and looks were a bonus!! I removed my steering damper because the additional rake made it redundant.

I love my Kewl Metal Front end!!! :mrgreen:

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Cheezyrider

Post by Cheezyrider »

Kewlmetal Front End
I had the Kewlmetal front end installed by Mountain Boss Hoss on my 2012 Gangsta Trike. I had only a ride of the length of my driveway (150 feet) so far as there was a freezing rain when I picked up the trike in Pennsylvania and snow in Michigan when I returned home. There has been more snow here and they have started using salt on the roads so I am done riding until spring.

I have noticed immediately that the steering is much lighter and easier than before and have only heard good things about the ride at highway speeds and even on slow bumpy roads. This is going to be a truly long winter for me.

I really like the looks, fit and finish of the Kewlmetal. MBH fabricated a bracket so that I was able to keep my faring on the trike. They said they had not done one with a faring before but was confidant they could fabricate it and make it work. They did just that, they made a part which bolts under the triple-tree and to the faring under the headlight. The piece they made is much wider and thicker than the old part used with the stock triple-tree. The clamps that did go from the faring to the fork tubes were eliminated due to the much larger fork tubes on the Kewlmetal. I had myself made some (2) brackets from the handlebar to the last bolt on the windshield / faring connection. That made another attachment point for better strength of the faring and less vibration in the faring. The Kewlmetal front end added about 6 inches to the overall length.

Photos attached (1) bracket fabricated by MBH under headlight faring to bottom of triple-tree
Bracket_1.jpg
(2) bracket fabricated by me from handlebar to faring
Bracket_2.jpg
(3) upper faring to handlebar mount
Upper Mount.jpg
(4) improved headlight fitment
Headlight.jpg
MBH are currently doing two other trikes with the Kewlmetal and Boss Hoss faring combination. I know they made five of the lower brackets and made five sets of the upper bracket that I had created on mine from the faring to handlebar. This setup appears to be very strong and looks great. The only other faring on a Kewlmetal / Boss Hoss is the batwing faring on Ric’s (from Lloydminster, Alberta) two-wheeler and I know he did fabricate those parts and I must say he did a great job and has detailed photos.
John L. Lybarger

Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Your trike has a whole new attitude now,John. That thing looks MEAN! Mountain BH sure does nice work. Those brackets are really nice and that headlight fit is excellent.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
Ric

Post by Ric »

Like Clint said… your install of both the fairing and the fitment parts are nothing short of 'Top Shelf'! Cheese :what_he_said:

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada