Rear Shocks?

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
robert

Rear Shocks?

Post by robert »

I am new to this board and just purchased a 2005 serria truck model
i noticed it seems to be very low to the ground. it has the legened air
shock system on it.i can pump this up to 120 lbs and the body dosent seem
to go up much at all. now it has the shocks in the forward position on the
upper mounts and same position on the lower mounts. what would be a good way to get the body up a little higher could you put a coil over shock on the rear mounts? can someone give me some ideas!!other than that its a great trike and i can see a lot of fun coming up this summer.
thanks to all who offer help. Robert.
V-MAN

Re: Rear Shocks?

Post by V-MAN »

Robert -

Congratulations on the new trike and welcome :!:

Sorry I can't help with your question but one of the trike guys should be able to help you out.
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Noodles 434

Post by Noodles 434 »

First welcome to the world of V8 trikes & bikes. i do not know about trikes but as was said some of the trike guys will chime in soon. Be safe

Darryl
AR

Post by AR »

Hi Rob,

trikes rock! Never forget my first ride years ago swore to get one one day. I spoke to a dealer mate of mine and he suggested maybe the back mount might increase height a little. He had fitted air ride to a trike and the owner is still complaining about it.Reckons it rides hard and if he runs lower pressure it rubs in the fenders. Recommends to get under it and measure the centres on the shock as installed and then measure the vertical/back mount position and see if it would raise the height eg: it'd need to be closer centres on rear shock eyes than in the forward position to make any difference. Probably you already done this..

AR
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

Welcome to the site,Robert. Glad to have another trike rider aboard. My suggestion would be to move the Legend shocks to the rear,upright position also and just remove the helper shocks. Boss Hoss sent out a service bulletin awhile back to all their dealers about this particular subject. One of the reasons was a problem with breakage of the front shock mounts. I moved my Arnott air ride shocks to the rear,upright position and it requires less air pressure to get the same ride height,plus the "pogoing" under acceleration or braking is almost eliminated.
Drop me a line if I can be of further help.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)