280 rear tire

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
hogv8

280 rear tire

Post by hogv8 »

A couple of guys asked to see some pictures of my new 18" wheels , 280 rear tire and rounded fender treatments I fabricated . My bike is a 2000 with no seat pan so I used a tail section of a late model seat pan which I shaped , molded and added some bling and trim to fit my taste . The front fender which is a VRod front fender I fabricated some trim to kinda match the rear fender trim .
Jack
Click here for photobucket pictures:
http://s482.photobucket.com/albums/rr186/hogv8/FENDERS/
KISS

Re: 280 rear tire

Post by KISS »

Very nice Jack,well done! 8-) 8-) 8-)
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

Jack,
Your bike looks great. we need some more pictures of the whole bike. The fine hand you have for customizing is evident.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Very well done Jack - like usual. You have an awesome bike. I like the blackened wheels as well as the fender setup and the rest of the bike!! I remember staring at your bike pics years ago when I dreamed about a Boss Hoss and said to myself "that's how a Boss Hoss should look like". Damn nice ride!!

Olaf
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Thanks for the kind words guys .

Jack
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

super :)
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Great job!!! The bike looks very nice. It's cool to see someone do their own mods to their bike to reflect their own tastes. Sometimes it doesn't work out so good and sometimes (like in your case) it does. Looking forward to seeing it in person in Daytona. 8-)
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Thanks guys , fitting the rear fender was the hard part . I bought it as a blank with skirts on it so getting it mounted just right with tire clearance and cutting the radius to match the tire radius perfectly took some time staring , fitting , changing , staring some more then finally cutting the wheel radius and the ends . I probably spent more time staring at it for hours than it took to actually do the work . I like it and to me it was worth the time . Sure glad I didn't have to pay me by the hour but some things you just can't throw together and expect them to look custom fit .

Jack
wag

Post by wag »

One of the most unique bosses around, looks great!