LS 470 for Berzerker

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Mark

Re: LS 470 for Berzerker

Post by Mark »

Very impressive what you are posting! Just keep the pictures coming. :thumbup:

Further food for thought: Vented disc brakes for the rear AND for the front wheel perhaps?
DSC03769.JPG
2013-11-15%2010.30.28.JPG
What do you think?

Best regards

Mark
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Ricky -

Your Berzerker build is REALLY looking sweet!! It's not my bike but your killing me waiting on final product ... you must be the most patient guy I've seen :D

I really like the look of the rad shroud(s) and looking forward to see what you decided from your "fairing" mock up earlier.

Now hurry up and get Berserker finshed :badtothebone:
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Mark wrote:Very impressive what you are posting! Just keep the pictures coming. :thumbup:

Further food for thought: Vented disc brakes for the rear AND for the front wheel perhaps?
DSC03769.JPG
What do you think?

Best regards

Mark

I LIKE ...
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Mark wrote:Very impressive what you are posting! Just keep the pictures coming. :thumbup:

DSC03769.JPG
What do you think?

Best regards

Mark
Mark, those are sweet.
That's the first time I've seen those, please provide some info, manufacturer, model #'s, source.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

V-MAN wrote:Ricky -

Your Berzerker build is REALLY looking sweet!! It's not my bike but your killing me waiting on final product ... you must be the most patient guy I've seen :D

I really like the look of the rad shroud(s) and looking forward to see what you decided from your "fairing" mock up earlier.

Now hurry up and get Berserker finshed :badtothebone:
The shroud thing is shelved for now, would delay to build waaay too long; my next build (if I do another) might sport something like that.
I'm NOT patient, not even a little, I just have to work a lot out of the country 7 months/year, then when home I have a demanding/loving wife, family and friends to visit, do my best the keep the population of wild ducks and geese under control, a business to manage, and sometimes I'm too hung-over and don't feel like doing anything!
I'm heading to Kazakhstan in the morning for a month; hopefully my bike painter will be complete upon my return so can re-install all plumbing and start building my custom wiring harness.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Mark

Post by Mark »

The company that manufactures the vented disc packages is BigB braking elements. Please find the link to their website below:

http://www.the-bigb.com

Not that much information on Boss Hoss though but you may want to contact them direct for a quote and further information. They have sold quite a few packages to fellow BH riders.

As you can see from the images, the company offers in fact complete kits for Boss Hoss which fit right out of the box. I have seen the disc brakes in operation and having vented disc brakes attached to the front wheel looks really brutal!!

Also, Andy Müller offers another nice vented disc brake option for Boss Hoss - but I believe that alternative is for the rear brake only. I remember that Tom Schaeffer of MBH has one kit in his BB installed. Great stuff.
image.jpg
As I am luring you already into spending more money - LOL - let me add that Andy makes also a nice vicious looking rear swingarm made of high grade aluminium which you may want to consider. I can post some pictures when I am back home in case you are interested. Very popular, almost any other new Ls3 is going for it. A bit pricey for me but you get the extra stability at high speed.

I personally plan for the next season 2015 to upgrade my rear disc brake and go without question for the vented option.

Best regards

Mark
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

The attached doc is how I intend to wire-up Berzerker when I return home.
I am so excited about wiring it up, getting ever so closer to completion.
The way that FAST and Racepak share information is sweet; notice only a single wire going to fuel pump, fan, etc w/o any damn relays, fuse panels, etc. FAST was the exception as they INSIST that certain things be connected directly to battery to eliminate electronic noise.
Racepak is compatible with most other EFI manufacturers such as Holley, etc. I think Racepak even works with GM EFI; if interested give Racepak a shout to learn more.
Attachments
Berzerker wiring plan.docx
(229.04 KiB) Downloaded 214 times

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

A few pics of the powder coating and hydro-dipping.
My new paint will be complete in a week or two; going to be fucking bad-ass.
I'll have the plumbing re-installed Sunday, then begin wiring; fully expect to have Berzerker mostly complete in a few weeks time, then back to Kaz for a month, then in December will be chassis dyno tuning in Lake Havasu with Brian Macy; the babes are smoking hot in Lake Havasu!
Attachments
IMG_1266.JPG
IMG_1268.JPG
IMG_1271.JPG
Engine Oil Tank, Spin-Tron (de-gasser), engine oil filter
Engine Oil Tank, Spin-Tron (de-gasser), engine oil filter
EFI & Ignition 30amp circuit breakers.JPG
Breathers.JPG
Last edited by Grand Canard on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

The bar has been set. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has even come close to the attention to detail and the high tech engineering that has gone into this bike. And, we haven't even seen it together or seen it run and it still stands head and shoulders above anything that the top V8 have produced, so far.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I agree with LaFong, the bike is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Ricky if you give me a shout I'll ride a bike down to Lake Havasu from Vegas when you are there. I might be able to talk LaFong into going with me. Seeing you and your bike would be great.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

SQ4MN wrote: The bar has been set. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has even come close to the attention to detail and the high tech engineering that has gone into this bike. And, we haven't even seen it together or seen it run and it still stands head and shoulders above anything that the top V8 have produced, so far.
I agree with LaFong, the bike is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Ricky if you give me a shout I'll ride a bike down to Lake Havasu from Vegas when you are there. I might be able to talk LaFong into going with me. Seeing you and your bike would be great.
Damn LaFong, that's a mighty-fine compliment, most appreciated; I've received lots of compliments over the last few years, mostly from teary-eyed, grinning ladies after receiving a proper shagging, it was like they were re-born.

Kidding aside, I'd love to meet you both; we'll plan something once I have actual dates w/ Macy in Havasu, that'll be a hoot!

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

The bike is fantastic . Beyond my wildest dreams and pocketbook .
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Grand Canard wrote:
SQ4MN wrote: The bar has been set. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has even come close to the attention to detail and the high tech engineering that has gone into this bike. And, we haven't even seen it together or seen it run and it still stands head and shoulders above anything that the top V8 have produced, so far.
Damn LaFong, that's a mighty-fine compliment, most appreciated; I've received lots of compliments over the last few years, mostly from teary-eyed, grinning ladies after receiving a proper shagging, it was like they were re-born.

Kidding aside, I'd love to meet you both; we'll plan something once I have actual dates w/ Macy in Havasu, that'll be a hoot!
PLEASE DON'T FORGET US

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Wiring 70% done, a fucking tedious bitch!!
I hope to start the engine in 3-5 days.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I'm sure your going to take in consideration ease of splitting the frame ?
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Your are doing an amazing job on your build and I really enjoy the progress pictures showing all the details. Very cool ideas and they have paid off ! Definately bad ass. I can't imagine what that motor will feel like when the tire hooks up and its pulling. ( I'm wondering if it won't need at least a 15" wide tire). We're both on the same page when as far as what a learning experience it's been....In a good way. In my case ,I found its always better when I don't do something stupid. Thanks for letting me know those battery terminals are out there too ,nice!
Happy wireing. That always goes slow too .haha J :popcorn:
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Wiring complete, looks great; I'm proud of myself. Wiring took an honest 5- ten hour days, all done professionally, plug connectors to allow frame splitting, wire connections soldered, etc.
now programming logic, need one day to do, just need to find the time; seems everyone and everything wants / requires a piece of Ricky Dietz!!
I hope to upload a short video of Berzerker engine running this Friday, Dec 26. Heading back to Kaz Saturday morning.
Merry Christmas
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

26 December I put 11 qts of Gibbs Driven LS engine oil into oil sump tank, removed spark plugs (take load off bearings until oil pressure established), rolled engine until oil lines, etc filled with oil and sensing oil pressure; I registered 60 psi of oil pressure just rolling the engine, fucking hell. The dyno run had the oil pressure at 110 psi. Re-installed spark plugs.
Connected temp fuel tank (plastic water bottle) and primed fuel system repeatedly until all air purged from system. Logic is fuel pump runs until pressure >65psi + additional 5 seconds and stops, not to run again unless RPM > 500 (engine running) or fuel pressure falls below 65 psi. Problem is fuel system not holding pressure once fuel pump stops, falls to zero with-in a couple seconds, sorted a couple loose fitting leaks, didn't see any others but was in a rush.
Turned on ignition and attempted a engine start 4-5 times, no luck, didn't even try to lite-off.
I really wanted to hear the engine run before I left for Kaz, disappointed.
I'll have it running last week of Jan when I get home.
Happy New Year to All My V8 Biker Bro's
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

well CRAP! I SO wanted to hear that beast cackle and spit fire. I am sure it was something super simple that you missed because of the time crunch. Looking forward to seeing and hearing it run in a few weeks.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:bawling:

Elvis

Post by Elvis »

That sucks, but I'm sure you'll get it next time.
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Dago, my painter did me right; Berzerker's paint is over the top!
The BH side-panels aren't finished yet, will have them next week.
I only gave Dago the Viking Berzerker theme for each part, everything you see is all him; left the artist to his own creative ability.
If anyone wanting paint, Dago can hook you up; dude has talent. $4000 for that level of detail (including BH side-panel not shown); Dago also took care of the powder-coating and hydro-dipping. Mail him your shit, he'll do whatever you want and ship it back to you; unless you want to personally deliver to Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Dago
1-337-661-0948 or mlefevre69@yahoo.com

I expect to be chassis dyno tuning Monday with Brian Macy at Horse Power Connection in Lake Havasu, AZ.
Tank left.JPG
Attachments
tank closeup.JPG
Rear Fender
Rear Fender
Boss Hoss Concepts Front Fender
Boss Hoss Concepts Front Fender
Right-Side Radiator / Oil Tank side Panel
Right-Side Radiator / Oil Tank side Panel
Left-Side Radiator / Oil Tank side Panel
Left-Side Radiator / Oil Tank side Panel
Hydrodip 2.JPG
Hydrodip 1.JPG
Tank Right.JPG
Last edited by Grand Canard on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

WOW!! That's about all I can say right now

WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Cool looking, good luck on the tuning, keep us posted.
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Looks great Ricky, Please keep us posted and don't forget to have video of Dyno session..Cant wait to hear her fire up..And better yet hear her stretch her legs a little...Good luck...Randy..Oh you do some damn fine work..
phpBB [video]