LS 470 for Berzerker

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Grand Canard

Re: LS 470 for Berzerker

Post by Grand Canard »

hogv8 wrote:I installed a set of Ego Trip 18" wheels from Marv and discovered the rear wheel was 1/2" off center . Called Marv and he told me what had to be done to bring it back on center . It involved machining the hub and adding a spacer . I could explain the whole thing to you but this may not be your problem . Best thing to do is call Marv and see what he says .
I can verify that the wheel isn't "true" as evidenced by huge gap difference on swing arm belt tension block window. When I return home in July, the end of July, I will reinstall the 300 Avon Cal BH wheel, see if that cures my problem. If does, will get Marc's wheel machined correctly should that be the problem.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Grand Canard

Re: LS 470 for Berzerker

Post by Grand Canard »

I got my rear wheel alignment sorted, tracking straight now; turns-out was just a case of me being a wanker, wasn't nothing wrong with my wheel / hub, etc. everything already machined on center. I WAS adjusting the wheel focused on keeping the belt centered on the rear pulley, what I had to do to correct my situation was adjust the rear wheel until tracked straight and allow the belt to stretch / adjust. (SPECIAL THANKS TO MARV FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP OUT A BROTHER!!)

The heat coming off of my exhaust manifold was unbearable with Jet-Hot Extreme 2000 coating and a single layer of DEI Titanium wrap. Solution was to triple wrap, 3 layers; it's still hot but bearable, the weather has been brutally hot averaging 97-102 degrees which doesn't help.

Been playing around a bit, the best time I can achieve is 159mph @ 10.1 seconds in the 1/4 mile, all in low gear (160mph is redline). Berzerker will do alot better than 10.1 seconds, will have to try different torque converters, my launch / 0-60mph is what's killing my time. Berzerker has the factory #5 converter that I think is 1800-2200rpm stall which I believe is the same specs as stock but heavy duty, brazed fins, etc. The bike starts pulling HARD around 4000rpm or 100mph.
I will get with Coan when I get back from Kazakhstan in September to have one made to suit my application.

Here's one Go-Pro video of my first pass. The Speedhut GPS speedometer is 0-260 mph and records my 1/4 mile time.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."