Group Buy on LS 485 Tune

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Gila123

Re: Group Buy on LS 485 Tune

Post by Gila123 »

I'm in ,,,

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Gila123 wrote:I'm in ,,,

Just an FYI to everyone.....I am NOT working on any kind of group discount / buy with the Tuner
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

TXscooterguy wrote:https://youtu.be/f4zyjLyBp64

hmmmm..I guess I missed the point of that video in relationship to the thread subject.
CanuckHoss

TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

CanuckHoss wrote:
TXscooterguy wrote:https://youtu.be/f4zyjLyBp64

hmmmm..I guess I missed the point of that video in relationship to the thread subject.

A reference to the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

Used as filler when nobody responds to a question or statement.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Chatted with the customer who had his 2012 coupe trike to the tuner and the owner is 100% satisfied. Has been riding for a few weeks now I guess.

I am waiting for a call back from the Tuner to see where we are now.

I don't know if that trike had a cam or not or had the "cam program" that gave the lumpy idle so this could affect the outcome if he used the tune on others.

I have a customer here with a true cammed LS3 trike and I need to convince him to take it to the tuner.

Stay "tuned"...lol...will update as soon as I chat with the tuner.
CanuckHoss

BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

I have been in pretty close communications with Lyndon and I can tell you that the BH that he tuned was not the 485 HP model.

I am pretty sure that he would do a great job on tuning the 485 HP Trike on the Dyno. As far as making a copy of a Dyno file and putting it on a ECM and sending it to someone – that has not worked very well so far. I have been through two ECM’s, neither of which worked very well and were unsatisfactory.

I also gave one more run at trying to connect with Brian in Lake Havasu with the idea of taking my Trike down there and have him tune it on the Dyno. He has refused to answer my calls or the messages I have left him on his phone and face book site. I am officially done with him!

I have come to the conclusion that I need to buy an unlocked ECM loaded with the right software and have my Trike tuned on a Dyno.

Looking around and visiting speed shops in the area I found one that is very knowledgeable and pretty much an expert in LS engines. There were at least 6 hot rods, Camaro’s and other cars that had LS engines in his shop when I was there. He gave me a recommendation for a ECM provider that can give me the right starting software. I hope to get that all resolved and get the ECM ordered today and get the Dyno done in 2-3 weeks (he has a 2-week waiting list). I will let you know the outcome. Wish me luck!
Here is some information that I have learned through this process that may be useful to you but keep in mind that although it may apply to your Bike/Trike it specifically applies to my 2012 BH Trike with the LS3 485 HP engine.

E67 ECM Service number: 12636660 Locked with 2007 Trailblazer Super Sport software.
Per ACDelco 1-800-223-3526, E67 ECM Service number: 12636660 Superseded by 12678511.
4L70E Transmission Program with 2007 Trailblazer Super Sport software.

The new E67 ECM must also have the 2007 Trailblazer Super Sport software because Camaro and other software is incompatible with the 2007 Trailblazer Super Sport software in the Tranny. This is a good place to start for the Dyno Technician.

Boss Hoss installs the Cam Upgrade
GM Cam Stats:
115 LOB Separation
Advance Duration
275 Intake
287 Exhaust
Duration @ .050
222 Intake
234 Exhaust
Valve Lift
.566 Intake
.576 Exhaust
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

I just finished ordering my "new" ECM 12678511 from https://bp-automotive.com/. It will have the software tied to my VIN number. If that software is not the 2007 Trailblazer SS, Bill will make sure he puts that in instead. Very nice guy and a very fair price.

By the way, the Cost of the Dyno Tune will be about $450.
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

BossHossMan, I hope that everyone listens and learns from what you have said, you are 100% correct here !
As a previous BH 485 dyno customer of Brian, I also had been trying to get ahold of him ! Same thing, no response! As Mr. Wonderful on Shark Tank often says, "the cockroach that you are, you are now dead to me" (Brian)!!
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

fredo.jpeg
fredo.jpeg (9.1 KiB) Viewed 4703 times
"Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. When you see our mother, I wanna know a day in advance so I won't be there."
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

That is hilarious TXscooterguy!

My brand new ACDelco ECM will be here by Saturday (probably) just in time for a 250 mile ride I have planned on Sunday to Markleeville California. That should give me a good opportunity to test it out and make a list of issues I want resolved by the Dyno guy, here after called Gabe. I am real curious to find out if my old locked ECM and the new unlocked one have the same issues. I put my CanOBD2 scan tool on my Trike again this morning and I don't show any codes so hopefully I will be starting out with a clean slate.

I have an appointment for my Dyno on August 17th. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I am hoping for the great results that Craig achieved on his Trike. I asked Gabe if the results of my Dyno were awesome if he would consider loading the file into other new ECM's and selling them to others who might want them. He said Yes.
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

Well I received my shiny new ECM. I installed it and it started right up and it ran beautifully for 3 seconds. After a little web research I determined that it was probably the anti-theft shut off. I called Bill today and he told me the same thing and assured me that Gabe would be able to tune that out as well as any other issues that might come with a 2007 Trailblazer SS program. He also told me that my Boss Hoss VIN does not show up in the GM tables to indicate what vehicle software should be programed so somehow GM, Boss Hoss and ACDelco have worked out some type of proprietary deal.

Next update will be on August 17th and I hope it is a good one.
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

BossHossMan, , so you ARE using Horse Power Connections then ? You must live close enough to them to go by, because they won't answer the phone. Gabe CAN resolve your issues for sure, he did mine ! Craig H.
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

Absolutely not! The name is just a coincidence. Horsepower connection is dead to me. The place I am using is about 10 miles from my home. If everything works out like I expect, I will share all contact information.
BossHossMan

Post by BossHossMan »

Well today was the big day for my Dyno Tune! A big bust! My OBDII port will absolutely not stay connected to live data mode for more than 15 seconds. All the leads test good so I have a call into BH and hopefully they can give me some ideas. If you have any ideas about how to fix this problem I would love to hear them. This is turning into a saga.
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

BossHossMan wrote:My OBDII port will absolutely not stay connected to live data mode for more than 15 seconds.
A few months ago I was looking into an OBDII monitoring device that uses bluetooth to send all sorts of cool data to your cell phone. I was told that because of how the CAN bus was designed, it wouldn't work on the Boss Hoss. Beats me.
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

TXscooterguy, I remember that conversation Sir. YES you indeed can plug your Bluetooth scanner device OR any other handheld OBD-2 CAN Bus data gathering device into your DLC / OBD2 plug. It's not a problem for the CAN Bus loop, in any state of operation.
The only issue that you will have is, while "any device" is plugged into this data port, your Speed Hut gages will cease working ! Gage Hut did this to protect "their" gages.
So you can plug in your Bluetooth or handheld scanner while idling in neutral or while cruising down the road, and record or read live data, but your Speed Hut gages will not work ! Craig H.
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

We haven't heard from cevoel (Chris) the OP of this thread for a while ? Last I was told he was working with Lyndon in Canada? Shout out to Chris !
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

craig haymaker wrote:We haven't heard from cevoel (Chris) the OP of this thread for a while ? Last I was told he was working with Lyndon in Canada? Shout out to Chris !
I chatted a day or so ago with Lyndon..he did the one LS3, no cam, that my customer is very very happy with.

I have another customer with a cammed LS3 and he is going to contact Lyndon and just send his ECU...no Dyno...Lyndon said he should be good that way..
CanuckHoss

craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

CanuckHoss wrote:
craig haymaker wrote:We haven't heard from cevoel (Chris) the OP of this thread for a while ? Last I was told he was working with Lyndon in Canada? Shout out to Chris !
I chatted a day or so ago with Lyndon..he did the one LS3, no cam, that my customer is very very happy with.

I have another customer with a cammed LS3 and he is going to contact Lyndon and just send his ECU...no Dyno...Lyndon said he should be good that way..
Barry, I would be really surprised if Lyndon will be able to pass-on a 485 download, and make the recipient happy !
These things are just too inconsistent IMHO.
57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

Lyndon did my LS3with cam and I couldn't be happier. Mailed it to him and got it back in no time. Smooth as silk. Can't even feel it shift and averaging just around 32 mpg. Not bad for a performance engine. Lyndon is the man.
craig haymaker

Post by craig haymaker »

57chevygirl, yes I have heard that you were happy with your download! Please understand that I was not insinuating that Lyndon could not tune. I have talked to him, and he is very knowledgeable. What I was meaning to relay, was that every one of these machines seam to have their own individual quirks, they're all different. Hopefully though, your idle is not "smooth as silk". Thirty two (32) mpg is outstanding to say the least, I could never come close to that with Brian Macy's dyno tune on my 2014 57 LS485 !
Craig H.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

57chevygirl wrote:Lyndon did my LS3with cam and I couldn't be happier. Mailed it to him and got it back in no time. Smooth as silk. Can't even feel it shift and averaging just around 32 mpg. Not bad for a performance engine. Lyndon is the man.
Awesome to hear..

Question..is the 32 mpg on US gallons?? If so, that would relate to almost 40 mpg here in Canada which would be WILD!! Goldwings and Harleys get less...
CanuckHoss

57chevygirl

Post by 57chevygirl »

Hey Craig, never took it that you were insinuating anything at all. I have been round and round with my ECM prior to Lyndon and BH couldn't get it quite right. The last one from factory did ok but a hard shift into second. Almost shake your teeth loose. Was just relating to anyone who has problems how happy I am. By smooth as silk I am referring to the way it shifts. When idling the lope is definitely kick ass. Whole bike moves back and forth. You can definitely tell it has a cam kit. And yes Barry that 32 mpg is U.S. Ive only had it out on the highway once since this upgrade. Am anxious to test that mpg even further once it cools off some. Our riding season here in Florida is in winter otherwise you melt. I know another guy who has an LS300 that sent his to Lyndon and is happy also. An the best part is he unlocks them.
cevoel

Post by cevoel »

Hey Everyone... Been working closely with Lyndon the last month or so.Ive been sending ecm"s back and forth for him to tune,Craig is right these things are hard to tune without being there in person.Lyndon sent me an interface so he can tune it over the internet.Hes got my buddies 485 bike dialed in good but ,still working on mine.My trike was only getting 12 mpg on highway and now it's up to 25.Goofy thing is my rpm is 1500 with stock ecm at 60 and 2000 with new ecm.It also sets off a code p2763 torque converter.Lyndon has been trying to dial in the tcm to resolve this problem.Im pretty confident he's going to iron this thing out.He's a great guy to work with always answers ph or calls back.By the way trike sounds like a drag car at idle!!!!!!!! WESTERS GARAGE 403-377-2277