502 BB heat shields

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
BeefcakeBiker

502 BB heat shields

Post by BeefcakeBiker »

From where could I order heat shields for the header pipes? The normal chromed shields that are on most of the Boss Hosses.

And another question regarding the header pipes themselves: why are they differently routed on the left side? I mean, on the right side(from the rider's POV) the headers are symmetrically routed together right in the middle of the block, but on the left side the foremost pipe is longer and the whole bundle is located closer to the rider. First I thought it's only on my Kannon as it has a custom made exhaust, but then I googled some photos of big block Boss Hosses and noticed the same goes for them too.
- Coca-Cola cowboy -
2009 Boss Hoss LS3 Super Sport
:burnout:
Ron Radulski

Re: 502 BB heat shields

Post by Ron Radulski »

If you know for sure they are the exact same headers that Boss Hoss uses, then I would say it's a good bet you could possibly order them from Boss Hoss Factory.
BeefcakeBiker

Post by BeefcakeBiker »

Triker wrote:If you know for sure they are the exact same headers that Boss Hoss uses, then I would say it's a good bet you could possibly order them from Boss Hoss Factory.
I'm not sure they are the exact same headers, but they do look very similar. But do you know what I mean by the headers being slightly different on the big block? Check the photos I attached and you'll see what I mean. Can anyone tell me why they're different?
Attachments
Here, from the rider's POV, on the right side the header pipes join together symmetrically right in the middle of the engine block
Here, from the rider's POV, on the right side the header pipes join together symmetrically right in the middle of the engine block
From the riders POV, the left side header pipes join together closer to the rider and not in the middle of the engine block
From the riders POV, the left side header pipes join together closer to the rider and not in the middle of the engine block
- Coca-Cola cowboy -
2009 Boss Hoss LS3 Super Sport
:burnout:
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Th right side heads are close back to the driver also...heads not equal distance from the back of the motor
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham