Carb Woes

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Carb Woes

Post by Carl La Fong »

After years of fiddling, fussing, three overhauls, poor idle, stumbles, acrid, eye stinging exhaust, near hydro lock, highway strandings, a fire and general, fuel related bullshit, I am finally ready to admit defeat. Tomorrow, I'm biting the bullet and sending my carb to Mike for his magic treatment. At that point, I will have spent well in excess of 900 bucks on my fuel system. Three fuel pumps, a regulator, all new braided lines and AN fittings in addition to the aforementioned carb overhauls.
Can't say I give up easily, but give up, I do. I am not a carb guru
I will update this post when it's back and on the bike
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
randy burkey

Re: Carb Woes

Post by randy burkey »

Although I have never had Mike do any work for me..I can only judge by other peoples experience with his work..And their reaction after carb work..I certainly wish you similar results..Let us know. Good Luck. :popcorn:
phpBB [video]
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

John, did he say how long it would take. Did you get the fuel pump done. Are you still going to run another carb till Mike is done. Why don't you just run a Holley Red, mines been on eight years without a regulator and its been fine.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I'm down until I get the carb back, so I hope he puts me on the front burner. I am sending my mechanical pump and regulator back to the guy who invented it. He doesn't know why it isn't working, either. I the meantime, I'll run the electric pump. The bike had the original Carter pump for over 10 years without an issue before I switched over to the Race Pump system. I felt it was an upgrade. I still do, but there are teething problems with any uncharted territory. It took 4 or 5 different linkage setups to get my clutch to work. I always have taken the road less traveled. Sometimes it is frustrating and I kick myself in the ass for my unrelenting stubbornness.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Just confirm what you say about the Carter 4070. I had it in my BB for more than 10 years and no issues at all. Perfect.
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany