Seat dimple

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
GordonBH

Seat dimple

Post by GordonBH »

Hi all,

I've been servicing the Hoss and took off the passenger seat pad (2007 SS stick on type) I must have left something on it because it's got a dimple in it 1" diameter 1/4" deep.

I've left in a warm room next to the radiator but no joy, before I go heating it with my wife's hairdryer (NO, of course I won't tell her) am I going about this the right way? I'd hate to frazzle a rare $450 seat (ex international shipping).
Gordon from England
petitemoose

Re: Seat dimple

Post by petitemoose »

GordonBH wrote:Hi all,

I've been servicing the Hoss and took off the passenger seat pad (2007 SS stick on type) I must have left something on it because it's got a dimple in it 1" diameter 1/4" deep.

I've left in a warm room next to the radiator but no joy, before I go heating it with my wife's hairdryer (NO, of course I won't tell her) am I going about this the right way? I'd hate to frazzle a rare $450 seat (ex international shipping).
Been there, done that. I left it alone and after a few days it was back to normal.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Hi Dennis,

yes, I've let it sit for 5+ days now, indoors too (as it's 40 degrees out in the garage) but no change....
Gordon from England
ventury

Post by ventury »

Gordon,maybe just being used will reform the shape
ride safe bro
John
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

ventury wrote:Gordon,maybe just being used will reform the shape
ride safe bro
John
Any Upholstery guy should be able to offer you a solution rather economically. If that isn't an option, remove the seat, Grab a small screwdriver and remove the staples, Fill in the hole with some foam from the wife's pillow and use her staple gun to hide the evidence :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Ventury has the best cure known to man :what_he_said: - ride a Boss Hoss to sort everything out - gets my vote.

But also like the idea of nicking a piece of my wife's pillow - best would be where her ear goes :D.

But I've got to be reasonable - I'm already not too popular for flatting and buffing my side panels in the family bathroom and polishing aluminum parts on the coffee table in the lounge. Boy, that Mothers polish is great but the black oxide gets everywhere - :whack:
Gordon from England