Dart Engine Specs

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Dart Engine Specs

Post by V8Bikers »

http://www.dartheads.com/products/engin ... all-blocks

This list's the 10 engines they offer. I know V8 Choppers uses the little M block but not sure which (400 or 427) that is used for (both)?. Does anyone know which heads and intake they use? Are they Dart parts too?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
V-MAN

Re: Dart Engine Specs

Post by V-MAN »

V8Bikers wrote:http://www.dartheads.com/products/engin ... all-blocks

This list's the 10 engines they offer. I know V8 Choppers uses the little M block but not sure which (400 or 427) that is used for (both)?. Does anyone know which heads and intake they use? Are they Dart parts too?
Hey Bill -

I'm not sure what block Stan uses for the 400 and 427. I know the Little M is an upgraded block not used on all his engines. The heads are Dart. I don't have my trike here so I can't look but I believe the intake is Edelbrock RPM Air Gap (I believe but not 100%).

Don

PS
I "plead the fifth" since my trike is new with a warranty I have not torn into it yet ... YET is the key word! This year will be a different story :)
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

V8Norm

Post by V8Norm »

I have the pro 1 heads on mine,( the cheapest ones) the intake is an nice edelbrock EPS. ( elelbrock's cheapest) If you are unsure what is in there, Start at that special wording..... The cheapest part available!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norm
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

V8Norm wrote:I have the pro 1 heads on mine,( the cheapest ones) the intake is an nice edelbrock EPS. ( elelbrock's cheapest) If you are unsure what is in there, Start at that special wording..... The cheapest part available!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I'm NOT going to get into a pissing match in this thread, I don't believe that was the idea with Bill starting the thread.

I believe we were looking for specs on the parts such as exhaust/intake size, plug angle/straight, volumn flows etc. Even the cheapest Dart Pro 1 head is a great product and priced well. As far as intake I still believe the one on my trike is an Air Gap ... while not the cheapest or most expensive it certainly works well in combination. Single or dual plane, I don't know?

The nice thing about V8 Choppers is if you want something different then all you need to do is open your checkbook and your mouth and ASK ... pretty simple.

A little off topic but the engine that we built for my Boss cost me over 20K ... while it was a chunk of money I certainly could have spent more or I could have spent a lot less too. I got what I wanted and it worked very well.

Start a new topic if you want but let's keep this one to "Dart Specs" like the title says ...
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Single or dual plane, I don't know?

the 427 intake is a single plane. I know that if you send your engine number to Dart they can give you the specifics unless something was added or deleted at the Chopper factory.
Buck
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

V8Norm wrote:I have the pro 1 heads on mine,( the cheapest ones) the intake is an nice edelbrock EPS. ( elelbrock's cheapest) If you are unsure what is in there, Start at that special wording..... The cheapest part available!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why didn't you have your engine builder get you a set of more expensive heads and a pricey manifold while you had it torn down. I'm surprised you're still running the old iron block, its lots cheaper than the aluminum ones. Most customers aren't unsure about whats in their engines because they ask if they're interested and understand the benefits or drawbacks of the various builds.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Norm, Go buy a fucking Honda!

....Johnston, Iowa
Ponch

Post by Ponch »

Norm you are out of line. Zip it!
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712