Looking For Front Tire Options

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
hogv8

Re: Looking For Front Tire Options

Post by hogv8 »

Nice to see I'm not the only closet ex Harley rider here . I still love them but wouldn't trade my Boss for a dozen of them . Well maybe just to resell and buy a Vanquish . :lol:

Jack
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

Jack,

Yes, seems like I'm the only one who never owned one before...hahahaha

People often ask me "I bet you own a Harley, right?" But I never even rode one...hahaha...

I ever liked them, especially in the early 80s when they came over the pond and were rare, but at my size I would look funny on them. Too skinny and too long bones I guess.

Uwe, your Harley amost looks like a 1/2 scale of Elvis's King V, did you see that?

WM, I saw the pic before, but still can't believe it's you beside that BMW...hahahaha...

I enjoy a lot seeing all those old pics of your bikes.

Olaf
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

That's me, Ramona and my hobby before the Boss Hoss came in my life. It's a 75 Lincoln Continental MK IV. I owned it for many years....as I own Ramona for many years...hahahaha...I think she was 17 and I just turned 19 in the picture. In the background you see the hood of the Lincoln and a engine stand I built at work for the 460 Ford BB. Wish I still would own that car....well...

The other pics show my Honda 1000 and a pic of me, practise for the Boss Hoss, riding my buddy "the Bull"...hahaha

Olaf
Attachments
B2.jpg
CB 1000.jpg
Ramona und Olaf.jpg
LINCOLN.JPG
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Olaf , sweet looking car and a very sweet looking Ole lady or should I say sweet looking young lady . Either way shes sweet looking . Your a lucky man .

If you owned that car today at least here in the US , you wouldn't be able to afford gas to drive it . If I remember right a 460 Ford engine in a heavy car like that probably got about 5 miles to a gallon just normal driving .

Jack
bosshossulli

Post by bosshossulli »

This is my old Shovel:
Frame: HarleyDavidson 1952 Wishbone
Motor: 1200ccm late Shovel
only Kickstart, Exhaust: self made
a very great bike.

Gruß Ulli
Image Image

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out a car window!!!

http://www.bosshoss-ulli.de
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

hogv8 wrote:Olaf , sweet looking car and a very sweet looking Ole lady or should I say sweet looking young lady . Either way shes sweet looking . Your a lucky man .

If you owned that car today at least here in the US , you wouldn't be able to afford gas to drive it . If I remember right a 460 Ford engine in a heavy car like that probably got about 5 miles to a gallon just normal driving .

Jack
Jack,
Ramona said "thank you :-))" after I told her what you said.

You are right on the money with the 5 mpg - the Lincoln was thursty...the best milage I've ever had was 15 mpg, the the worst was 5 mpg...that was in winter, icy roads and the tranny was almost all the time between 1st and 2nd gear. I spend all my money for gas and parts those days...hahahaha...but it was fun like hell...

Olaf
KISS

Post by KISS »

I found an old mag (-89,when i was fast and furious) where there is a pic of my old street/race bike which was the fastest HD here at the time,almost too fast! hahahh :o :shock: haha
As you can see from the pic it happened fast!I´m only about 5feet from the lights and throttle is already totally off! :oops: :lol:
Wheelie.jpg
AR

Post by AR »

KrautV8 wrote:
hogv8 wrote:Olaf , sweet looking car and a very sweet looking Ole lady or should I say sweet looking young lady . Either way shes sweet looking . Your a lucky man .
Jack
Jack,
Ramona said "thank you :-))" after I told her what you said.

Olaf
Hey JD...Let me tell you somethin you cant see in the pics. I've been around the block nearly once now and seen a few things but one thing for sure i'll remember is on one fuzzy headed Pullman City morning (ha...is there any other kind?), and whilst waiting for the panadol to kick in i got to looking into Ramona's emerald sea green eyes and being virtually paralylized in awe. Wow man, shes got deep green eyes like some sort of human venus fly trap! Must be a gene only available from the old side of Germany or something.

Looks like you better not fuck up Olaf cause theres a fan club forming haha.
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

PIrate Rob wrote:... i got to looking into Ramona's emerald sea green eyes and being virtually paralylized in awe. Wow man, shes got deep green eyes like some sort of human venus fly trap....
I better don't tell her, cause she will shout to me and probably say "You never told me such beautiful words"....or something like that...hahahhaha....

Olaf :D
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

KISS wrote:I found an old mag (-89,when i was fast and furious) where there is a pic of my old street/race bike which was the fastest HD here at the time,almost too fast! hahahh :o :shock: haha
As you can see from the pic it happened fast!I´m only about 5feet from the lights and throttle is already totally off! :oops: :lol:
Kimi,

cool picture there!!! Wish I would have such a pic with my Boss Hoss 8-)

Olaf
Ric

Post by Ric »

It seems as though we've managed to thoroughly hijack this thread... so here is a pic to bring us back to the original question... I'm on the left in the pic with an Avon Roadrunner tire on the front. I ran Road Runners almost the entire life of the bike.

But on the Boss Hoss, I took Adrian's advice and now run a Metzler 880 130/16 - it handles well in the rain, and after a full riding season, not much wear at all.

Good at speeds over 200 km/h.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
Swiss V8

Post by Swiss V8 »

KrautV8 wrote:Jack,

Yes, seems like I'm the only one who never owned one before...hahahaha

Olaf
Olaf, you are not alone :D

I never owned a Harley.
I once was near buying one from a friend. He than asked me, "What do you want with the bike, riding or tinkering?" I answered: Riding, of course! And hes just said: "Then don't buy a Harley!" That was the closest I got to a Harley... :mrgreen:

But I still own my '85 Yamaha Virago ;)
I just can't find a digital picture now :oops:
Martin

BHRA President Europe
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Being posted from phone, excuse any typos!

First off, nice bikes to all. I will have to dig up some of my old pics sometime.

I ended up mounting a Metz 880. So far tested to 110 or so. Very stable and smoothe, hope I get the same wear and life!

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING