V8Biker pic of the day

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
second chance

Re: Wildman's V8Biker pic of the day

Post by second chance »

I would like to see one or 21 pictures a day, never get tired of seeing Bikes :P
Danny Palmer CSM (R)
105 E Blancas Dr.
Copperas Cove, Texas
254 394 3627
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

The young girl is beautiful, and the bike is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But who the fuck is the old wrinkled man, riding it???? Hehehehehe....

Olaf

PS: Jack has ever been someone who I took as example...good V8 biker guy!!! I love him!
Jack did you heared me? I love you!....no, not the gay thing :lol:
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

W1LDMAN wrote:...Just a bunch of stuff that was collected over the years. Hope everyone enjoys seeing them. I know Loafster has a bunch of pics also so maybe I get with him and get some of those on as well....
WM, I have 3000 or so pictures collected from the old days....I will email you some of interest, soon!!!

Loaf (off to his collection...)
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

W1LDMAN wrote:Loaf, even better, if you can burn them to a disc someday and send them over that would be cool. WM
I'll do that. But there is a lot of junk in the collection, too. Don't say I didn't warned you...

Loafster :)
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

KrautV8 wrote:The young girl is beautiful, and the bike is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olaf

PS: Jack has ever been someone who I took as example...good V8 biker guy!!! I love him!
Hey , I love you too man :D . I hope some day we get to shake hands a shoot down a bunch of beers together . Wrinkles , Hey , if I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself 8-)

Jack
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

hogv8 wrote:
KrautV8 wrote:The young girl is beautiful, and the bike is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olaf

Hey , I love you too man :D . I hope some day we get to shake hands a shoot down a bunch of beers together . Wrinkles , Hey , if I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself 8-)

Jack
Someday we'll hopefully do that, Jack. I'll buy us a bottle of Jack Daniels if it happens, I promise!! And don't take me too serious on the wrinkles...hahaha...I too lived my live the hard way and have a bunch of them....hahaha....especially after a good party with Kimi from Finland and the other alcoholics...hahahaha

Olaf
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

W1LDMAN wrote:Loaf, even better, if you can burn them to a disc someday and send them over that would be cool. WM
WM, I'll send you all the pics I have. I have looked thru them a couple minutes ago and found some good pics....brother Greg's bike, the preacher....Cheryl riding Jack's Boss Hoss....

And a couple Pics which made me smile a little....do you remember this (attached) picture of Elliot's Big Red with the new car tire and
his "12000 RPM Tach" mounted on the left side handlebar????.....hahahahaha....

Olaf
Attachments
Boss Hoss 0255.jpg
Els

Post by Els »

Olaf,

Wow, did that bring back old memories! That was the 280 Sumitomo I experimented with. It was the most miserable handling bike I had ever ridden with that decision. Had pretty good traction at the track but was terrible especially with high speed turns. I scared a few guys riding next to me going on or off entrance/exit ramps to the interstates a few times. The parking lot handling characteristics...terrible. Steve Barr became the beneficiary of that one as I recall. It was the last time I put a car tire on a bike!

Yeah, the clock as a tach....haaaaaa, that was pretty funny! Thanks for the memories...

Elliot

Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

El,
Andy, my buddy, who recently raced a Ferrari for the german TV has exactly this 280 Sumitomo on his 502, and he loves it! He swears it handles very good, but I think it's more the looks what he really loves...hahahaha...

Yes, the wall clock in the background makes me smile everytime I see this picture of Big Red...hahaha...now that you said "clock as a tach", you reminded me to another funny picture...hahahaha...I took it years ago when Jeffieman Hemperly sent me a picture of his new Autometer tach and I photographed my computer monitor and sent him this picture back...hahahaha....watch the pic very close and you will see that both tachs look almost the same...hahahha

Olaf :-)
Attachments
P10100261.jpg
Els

Post by Els »

Olaf,

That picture of the computer screen and you holding the clock is a riot! Too funny :D

If your buddy who has the 280 on his big block said that, he is yanking your chain or the roads in Germany are MUCH better than here. Once you lean it to a certain point, it's ready to fall over. Where roads are uneven, it's scary. Roads that are very crowned, you constantly have to fight the lean to keep it straight up. Tell him to put a 300 m/c tire on if he wants good looks AND good handling.

This is sure to spark some controversy but...I think anyone who uses an automotive tire on a bike does so because they're cheaper and/or to do burnouts. There's nothing better handling about any car tire on a bike.

Els
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Els , I remember when Steve ran that 280 on his bike . He said it looked wild ( Which It did ) but handled like shit which I'm also sure it did . That reminds me , where the hell is Breedlove nowadays ?

Jack
Els

Post by Els »

Jack

Steve knows his exact whereabouts but I think he's on the west coast back working with the engineering outfit he used to be with prior to the V8 bike adventure (Breedlove Motor Works, a.k.a "BMW"). My understanding is he's out of the V8 bike world these days at least for the time being. Perhaps the Sabertooth thing left a bad taste, I don't know. Tom was quite a guy. Had some memorable (or mammorable?) times in Daytona with Tom. Hope he's doing well.

Yeah, Steve said it rode like shit because it did. Whether big block or small block, the ride wouldn't change one bike to the next... and they ride like shit with that tire.

Elliot
Image Image Image
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Els , I've met some interesting V8 guys while staying at Tropic Shores Resort Daytona , You , Gary , Steve Barr and Janice , Breedlove , Tom Dennecker (SP)Vermont Chevy Dealer , The Ranger tranny guy , can't think of his name right now (help) and several others over the years .

Jack
KrautV8

Post by KrautV8 »

W1LDMAN wrote:Image

Todays pic is a bike that Rick Carnevale of Rhode Island built from the ground up with parts he had collected. This is not a modified frame he made it all himself. Rick and I use to shoot the sheet on AOL messenger before any of these boards existed. Rick showed me that you don't have to have the newest model bike with every gee gaw accessory to have a cool bike. Rick probably knows as much or more than anybody out there on how to make the clutch bikes run so if anyone has questions or needs help with clutch bikes I do know how to get a hold of him. Nice work Rick!! WM 8-)
This is a nice bike in fact!!! Got a forwarded video clip a while ago showing Ricks chopper in front of that garage....real nice work and a good taste when it comes to style and looks.

Olaf
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Mike , where's the bird . First time I've seen a picture of you not flipping the bird . :lol: :lol:
Man , what's wrong . No fuckidy fuck and now no bird . You got reborn or something ?
Jack
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Geezer, What do you have to say for yourself?
And you have the nerve to call me "pervert". :evil:

....Johnston, Iowa
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I think WM must have used photoshop.............I know nothing...........

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Els

Post by Els »

Glad you pointed that out. I thought it was a normal sized bike and an incredibly good looking midget. I really like the 'Pic of the Day' to include riders that look best in high heels.

E 8-)
Image Image Image
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

WM:

John had this bike repainted in a flag paint job, if I remember correctly.

It was sold to someone in the Northwest, US and was on and might still
be on "Trader-Online" .

Geezer
Tom

Post by Tom »

Yep... I know the bike and it`s owner. He lives in Seattle and Geezer is right. It is in cycle trader but the owner don`t care if it sells.
KISS

Post by KISS »

Jep,i found it! http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing ... 4-92243911 :o

One does not look original any more!
Els

Post by Els »

And here I was always under the impression Jimbo was just low life biker trash! ;) 8-)

Jimbo, you've got to get in front of the keyboard and give us the dirty stuff from your side of the world. Looking forward to seeing you in Daytona bro'...

Els

Image Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Thanks WM... Well said. I noticed that ol#1 has the frame gussets installed... I wonder if they came later or if they somehow got lost in translation. (transition?)
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Ole #1 appears to be totally restored since I saw it last several years ago shortly after George Buckley owned it and sold it back to Monte .

Jack
KISS

Post by KISS »

Jep WM,you are right.The bike has it´s new life in Denmark. 8-) 8-) 8-)

http://www.v8bikers.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=696

Funny thing happened when i bought my blower bike.I got some spare parts from the seller Dean Fish (RIP).After i got home i started to check those parts and there were 2 pairs of spare side panels and when i said to WM what was written on the other pair he said wait a minute and went to check his v8bike archives,and there it was.They were from the very same Joe Ruberts blower bike.I gave those side panels as a memory to Birger Hansen, the new owner of the bike.
IMG_1282.JPG
Last edited by KISS on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.