Sturgis Photos and Thanks!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Redtro

Sturgis Photos and Thanks!

Post by Redtro »

I just got back home about 3:00am Thursday morning and back at work the same day about 10:00 am. I had a fantastic time in Sturgis even if it was short. There is no way I can recap my entire time there so I thought I would show pictures (the camera battery died while on the most scenic ride that included a herd of buffalo, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument and Iron Mountain) and tell you of the two biggest happens on the trip for us.

First, this trip would not have happened if it wasn't for David Ward. He called and offered his 520 hp V8 Chopper trike to ride during my stay. HOW COULD I POSSIBLY REFUSE THAT OFFER! Sturgis is just too far away from work without flying in. He didn't just loan me his trike but he and Stan picked me up and dropped me off at the airport with no expectations in return except that I judged a trike show on Sunday. The airport was in Rapid City and about a 2 hour round trip. David, I can't say thank you enough. I know how much I cherish my bike and the thought of handing over the keys to someone for a few days and saying...have fun,....well, it's just freaking incredible. Thank you, Thank you and Thanks again!

Second, Stan (V8 Choppers) had told me a few weeks ago about a bike he was building for himself and that it was looking so good that he already had people trying to buy it but it wasn't for sale. When I saw it, I was astounded. You know when something appeals to you....it just looked incredible. I was drooling when my wife came over to me and said, "I wouldn't mind you buying a V8 Chopper, as long as it's that green one!" She was the first to slide up to Stan when I wasn't looking and suggest that he sale me that bike. WHAT A WOMAN! Stan thought it over and decided that he let it go to me and he even cut me a great deal. He is meeting me in Atlanta the first week in September (about 4 weeks from now) so I can get the bike. He wanted to take it on a ride that he already had planned in North Caroline with Elliot, Chris and some other guys.

As I said, it was an event filled trip that I'll never forget. Thanks again to David and Stan!

Link to Sturgis Photos: http://www.clsinc.net/photos/default.as ... urgis_2008

My soon to be, new bike!

KISS

Re: Sturgis Photos and Thanks!

Post by KISS »

Thanks for the awesome pics! :o And congrats for the new toy! 8-) 8-)
AR

Post by AR »

Ricky :D ,

that's how I feel after everytime I visit the rally's over there...there are always guys that go 2 steps further than they have to. I think because theres just so few of us.

Beautiful machines on show there...2x502 trike :lol:
V8VIRTUOSO

Post by V8VIRTUOSO »

WOW..............Your new bike looks FanFUCKINGtastic Ricky. Honestly that thing looks incredible. Im so proud of you man, i knew you would buy a V8 Chopper soon enough and was confident that it would be when you want to Sturgis. You have chosen very wisely my friend. Its a real great looking original Chopper and im guessing its the DART 520? Just Amazing............i want another hehe.

I was on my Chopper yesterday and it just really hit home how amazing it was. I let a friend of mine have a ride on it for a while as he is in love with it and wants one. He sad he would be about 30 minutes but 90 minutes later he rolled up with a big grin on his face like a kid who was going to Toys R Us for the first time.
Seeing someone else on my bike from a 3rd perspective just made me realize how amazing it looks and rides. It was incredible and for the little amount of sunshine i got over here in the UK yesterday i took full advantage of it and loved it....every second. Ive never got so many smiles and waves from other people. Everyone loves the V8 Choppers and Ricky you have one of the best as we all do........well done, congratulations and enjoy it. I cant wait to see it in the flesh and ride out with ya sometime soon my Floridian Friend.

Cheers

Jimbo
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Ricky,
thanks for the pictures and have fun with your new toy :)
Peter
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky,

I've studied those pics of your new bike perhaps a dozen times. Very custom and awesome. You'll still be able to smoke a stogie on the chopper I think. 8-)

Having ridden along side and on a chopper with the DART 360 at Myrtle Beach, I can tell you, it has a snotty attitude which you've already discovered. It would be a blast to put it against a big block Boss Hoss to 125 mph or so. Hey, you have a big block BH! Need a volunteer to drive either in this test, ha ha?! Seriously, it would be a good race, very close in spite of David saying it would spank a 502. :?:

Having both sure is enviable although it will be interesting to see how it shakes out with what will be used and what will not get used so much. I found having multiple bikes in my garage over the course of time it rarely ended up being equal use amongst them in spite of some different roles. :?:

Again, congrats on the new ride. I'll tell Stan to keep it under 150 and not to scrape too much metal when here doing the mountain roads, ha ha. ;)

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image