Sabertooth and .com site

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
vrrmm

Sabertooth and .com site

Post by vrrmm »

Some were asking about myself and sabertooth on Lamoster's site and to no one's surprise he deleted my post and sent me a nasty gram.

I left Sabertooth because of enthical reasons, I don't want to post about it in these forums.

However anyone who wants to talk to me about it just PM me and I will tell you.

Thanks Lamoster for not careing if anyone gets screwed.
Sabertooth Wildcat

EAGLE

Re: Sabertooth and .com site

Post by EAGLE »

Now you know why this site exists my Bro'. :twisted: You are welcome here!
Sleep In Peace Tonight!
EAGLE!!!!!
Els

Post by Els »

W1LDMAN wrote:Vrrmm, I wondered why we don't hear much from these guys. Sure seems they are having a hard time getting off the ground. Kind of strange how many posts get deleted there and many members are never even aware it had been done. Look forward to hearing more from you here. WM

I've been pretty quiet lately due to being out of town with limited internet access and not having much to say, however, that changes with this thread. First, who is "Vrrmm"? Is this Tom B?

Second, what exactly did we miss? I am one of those who wasn't aware what was said. Another got blitzed? "Nastygram" from a moderator or Lamont? Why? Put it up here where it will NOT be blitzed!

Third, that's it for me if another got censored. I don't care to be back on any site for any reason with the censorship thing. And the "s**t", "sheet" thing drives me out of my mind. Man, lucky for Jimbo THIS site exists!

Fourth, there's some really good folks who use the other board exclusively and there's some real weenies. There could be weenies using this site too but when I start reading all the bull about the price of gas causing someone to quit riding their bike or "short ride on Sunday only", give me a break that's more than I can handle. The bikes cost $25,000 - $105,000, gas is $4 p/glln and a great ride will take a few tanks of gas...cough up the $60 or sell the fucking thing.

Fifth, I don't get the whole Sabertooth thing. It doesn't look right, clutch (huh?), small Ford motor, no effective support...how are these guys even playing?

Enough with all the 10 gazillion happy birthdays and Frumpzilla and I are having our 70th wedding anniversary, and I'm buying a $30 car tire for my bike....let's hear some good shit. There are some great guys on the "other" site who constantly have to dance around and walk on glass. I wish we could get some over here and listen to what these guys really want to say instead of the politically correct crap.

Els
Last edited by Els on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
sb2bb

Post by sb2bb »

Halla fuckin lula !!!!!!! :lol:
okie

Post by okie »

Glad some folks here have a wallet as big as their mouth,wish I did!
Els

Post by Els »

okie wrote:Glad some folks here have a wallet as big as their mouth,wish I did!

Oops, looks like I hit a nerve. Didn't mean to personally piss on your Cheerios. If your one of the guys whining about not being able to ride your V8 because of gas, I surely don't get any pleasure hearing this. I simply heard the tune; "if you can't run with the big dogs, get of fthe porch" when reading that stuff. I'm also the asshole that when some Harley or Jap bike rider comes up to me at a light and asks how many mpg that "thing" gets, I ask them who gives a shit.

On another note...Steve, great knowing your here. Looks like all the buds are pretty psyched about Lacrosse. Hope you guys have a top notch time and hopefully I can make it next year.

Els
Image Image Image
okie

Post by okie »

I barely had enough to sqeek into the Hoss I have with the el chepo made in Mexico motor,I have done all the mods ( which were many ) to it my self except for help putting in the new flex plate and #7 convertor,it has been nothing but reliable since.I wish I had the big bucks to afford to have someone build me even one custom V8 chopper,but I love having a V8 motor in a motorcycle so I do what I have to.I hope you remember to count your blessings!
Els

Post by Els »

Okie,

I've never viewed the V8 community as a place for the rich & famous. I am proud to have rode and wrenched with MANY some of which gave up a lot to be able to get a V8 bike that was so important to them. I've always respected those folks all the more. Money, net worth, family jewels... never part of the equation. Whether it's a new $100,000 Mountain bike, a custom Vanquish, or a 10 year old clutch Boss, they're all cool to me and so are the guys riding them...for the most part. It's also not to say that everyone that has a V8 is great citizen. That was part of my carping (or whining) with respect to some of what I've read on these boards...both boards. It's also a bit of anger and venting at what I personally see as wrong and pansy ass with respect to certain censoring issues on a motorcycle board.

I didn't want this to turn into a pissing match and has zero to do with what one's bike is or isn't, which brand, which motor...it was about my bitching that some of the stuff I've read both past and recent isn't my cup of tea. I suppose that's my tough shit. I'd personally like to hear a bunch more about drag racing, street racing, and technical chatter but it just doesn't happen much and quite frankly, I've been the one to start those conversations often over the years on these boards. Years ago and now, I simply don't like some of what I see or read and I do have a big enough mouth and nads to bitch about it. The next time someone comes up to me and asks about how many miles per gallon I get, I'll again tell them I don't know and I don't care. If I had to cut out a six pack of beer, a new fishing rod, or a new pair of pants to have money to put in the tank of my bike, that's what I'd do...without whining about it.

Yes, I am grateful for many things...every day. Thanks for the reminder to count blessings.

Els
Image Image Image
vrrmm

Post by vrrmm »

No I am Bill
Here is my picture

also the owner of many disappearing post on the other site

BTW sabertooth has not paid one guy $1500 for machine work he did for them and if they pay him I will remove this from my post
Sabertooth Wildcat

Els

Post by Els »

vrrmm wrote:No I am Bill
Here is my picture

also the owner of many disappearing post on the other site

BTW sabertooth has not paid one guy $1500 for machine work he did for them and if they pay him I will remove this from my post

Out of curiosity, what caused your posts to be blitzed on the .com site, language? BTW, nice looking bike!

Els
Image Image Image
vrrmm

Post by vrrmm »

No It's the same word for word that I posted here

So you guess the reason
Sabertooth Wildcat

AR

Post by AR »

Els wrote:....or a 10 year old clutch Boss
Els
no such thing as a 10 year old clutch Boss you pussy!
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

vrrmm wrote:Some were asking about myself and sabertooth on Lamoster's site and to no one's surprise he deleted my post and sent me a nasty gram.

I left Sabertooth because of enthical reasons, I don't want to post about it in these forums.

However anyone who wants to talk to me about it just PM me and I will tell you.

Thanks Lamoster for not careing if anyone gets screwed.
Not trying to be a smartass, but I think in your original post enthical was written ethnical and I am now realizing you probably mean ethical. I wasn't following what you were saying until I reread it today, maybe others didn't have the same confusion as me.

Shane
Els

Post by Els »

Aussie Rob wrote:
Els

Whaddya mean, it ain't 2007 still? I do remember the '98 had a single speed auto but thought the '97 went with the clutch first part of year and without during later production '97s. Educate me by all means. No mouth for a change...all ears!

What I remember best about a '98 model I rode with was my not being willing to do a WOT shift on my '01 bigblock and the guy on the '98 smallblock blowing by me at that point. Had a hard time living that one down but ended up with great admiration for the single speed auto as a result.

Els
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

Els wrote:
Aussie Rob wrote:
Els

Whaddya mean, it ain't 2007 still? I do remember the '98 had a single speed auto but thought the '97 went with the clutch first part of year and without during later production '97s. Educate me by all means. No mouth for a change...all ears!

What I remember best about a '98 model I rode with was my not being willing to do a WOT shift on my '01 bigblock and the guy on the '98 smallblock blowing by me at that point. Had a hard time living that one down but ended up with great admiration for the single speed auto as a result.

Els
haha...unlike Shane, I was only trying to be a smart ass.

I guess the gearing of a 1 speed is better suited to the 20-30mph roll on challenge. Maybe Carby can chip in here CARBMIKE, EARTH TO MIKE?? I think for the purposes of this conversation we can assume that its been 11 years since a factory Boss rolled out complete with clutch, but none of what I'm jibbering about belongs in this thread.

:?
Els

Post by Els »

WM & Rob,

First BH I rode was a '97 clutch bike and it was very cool but it didn't motivate me at the time to get a V8. I then rode a '98 single speed w/o the clutch and it really rocked me. That was in late '99 or early 2000 and I heard there would be some "BIG changes" with the '01 model so I held out. The '01 bigblock I bought was one of the first available and I loved it to death...until Bigredwrecker officially put it death, ha ha :shock: :o :cry: .

In spite of having opted for the 2 speed at the time, then and now I felt the single speed (w/converter) was and is a great bike. There are benefits to both the pre and post '01 body change but it's hard to beat the looks of the older style in my opinion. Anyone who would be looking for a great deal on a older BH and didn't plan on doing long distance cruising would be hard pressed to find better than the late 90's single speeds w/converter.

That commentary strays from the title of this thread bearing the Sabertooth name. I wish there were some on this board that have ridden the Sabertooth and would offer bare bones critical commentary. I talked to a very experienced BH rider/owner at Myrtle Beach who took a Sabertooth demo ride and his remarks were quite unflattering although I don't remember specifics outside his bitching about suspension and bouncing.

I personally used to love bigblock Fords in the late 60's (390's in Fairlane GT's) but have no experience or exposure to the 302. I do know that at the track, they are almost invisible when compared to smallblock Chevy motors. As a matter of fact, the only Fords I see that are noteable are either getting sprayed with huge amounts of nitrous or have turbo applications. The turbo cars (primarily Rustangs) run awesome and some of the bigblock Ford motors are also very impressive. Again, no memorable recollections of any 302's being exciting.

If there are any Ford lovers out there (on a 99.9% Chevy motor bike board?) or Sabertooth riders than can offer something up, I'd like to hear some chatter.

Els
Image Image Image
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

El sez...Enough with all the 10 gazillion happy birthdays and Frumpzilla and I are having our 70th wedding anniversary, and I'm buying a $30 car tire for my bike....let's hear some good shit. There are some great guys on the "other" site who constantly have to dance around and walk on glass. I wish we could get some over here and listen to what these guys really want to say instead of the politically correct crap.

Well, here's one. Not sure if I'm a weenie or a big dog. Doesn't matter. I have 45 years up on two wheels and don't answer to anyone. Like Popeye, I yam what I yam. I don't get
up in the morning and put on my biker panties. There aren't any cheezy stickers on my helmet or bike with pithy sayings that someone else thought up. No tats, other than the ones of my misspent youth. Just a typical looking gray haired grampa. Am I a biker? I guess. If anyone thinks not, I don't care.
I'm a daily visitor to Lamont's site and an occasional contributor. It has been a big help to me in a number of ways. Some of the stuff posted is a bit lame at times, but, hey, we're all different. I appreciate a Happy Birthday, though I hate how they have raveged my, once, godlike body. The censorship thing is problematic for some. It is Lamont's football and he can take it and go home if he wants. Do I agree? Mostly, no. I was actually kicked off for a while because I objected to a comment made by one of the, old guard, members, I sniveled like a girl and was allowed back on. I've behaved ever since. It's not hard to do.
Now for a few negatives. This site is, so far, long on BS and short on substance. The .com site offers real meat as far as tech help. That is what I am mostly interested in. Many real issues with these contraptions that we ride have been solved by guys from the .com.
Fuck, shit, piss, cock. :o There. That's the last of that sort of talk you'll hear from me. I know all of the naughty words, but choose not to use them unless I'm in my shop performing minor amputations or giving my favorite tool a flying lesson. There seeme to be a lot of poo-poo talk on this site just because you can. Sorta like the first day at college when you realized you could smoke. Goes back to my first paragraph about being a biker. I ain't got nothing to prove, knowhamsayin'? So I'm not gonna pose. Got over that years ago
So, to sum up this rambling diatribe and other substandard observations of mine, This is a pretty good site, in my humble, yet always accurate, opinion. Do I fit in? I dunno. I've always marched to the beat of the different drummer
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
vrrmm

Post by vrrmm »

Sorry Guys for the miss spelling

I left because of Ethnical reasons

Lamount in his email said why do you belong here

And on the Sabertooth front they sent a cease and decease email that I am not to post about them but I live in America so that dosen't work

BTW they still haven't paid the guy his $1500
Last edited by vrrmm on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabertooth Wildcat

Els

Post by Els »

WM,

8-)

Els
Image Image Image
Els

Post by Els »

W1LDMAN wrote:You're right Fong, there is a lot of unnecessary fuck, shits, etc. on this site and it was originally done to make a point and it just seems go go on and on but it sure does work well to keep the pussies out. I have had several conversations from notables in the V8 bike world and they say they got no problem with it and can see we are only having a bit of fun here and doing harm to no one. Glad to have you along for the ride and let us know more about your tranny project when you can!! WM
11904calif07.jpg

Land sakes alive...I'm going to figure out how to use these boards one day....I could have sworn the first reply to this was a "PM" for WM. It was pretty risque even for this boards standards! Sure glad to be able to edit me own posts! The "published" version here....

WM is one great guy along with Rob, Kiss, Lennu, and other principles and this is one great board. The young lady bending over the crotch rocket has outstanding eyes.

Els
Last edited by Els on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
AR

Post by AR »

vrrmm wrote:Sorry Guys for the miss spelling

I left because of Ethnical reasons
I think we all agree he means ethical...stupid english language. Jimbo's fault.
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

[quote="Els"]

Land sakes alive...I'm going to figure out how to use these boards one day....I could have sworn the first reply to this was a "PM" for WM. It was pretty risque even for this boards standards! Sure glad to be able to edit me own posts! The "published" version here....

WM is one great guy along with Rob, Kiss, The Guru, and other principles and this is one great board. The young lady bending over the crotch rocket has outstanding eyes.

Hey Els, I liked last nights version much better!
I thought you were against censorship? :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
Els

Post by Els »

V8 Chopper wrote:Elliot,

What was that about corn?

David

Yikes, nothing is sacred with the ol' puter and dumb asses like me at the keyboard :oops: ! Yes, I need to occasionally "censor" myself as I can go above and beyond and don't want to scare any faint hearted types from the board :shock: .

In spite of being rude crude & socially unacceptable at times, glad...no make that REAL GLAD there are folks here who don't take it too seriously or can chuckle instead of getting upside down or offended.

"Corn", yes there are some out there that I'd eat the corn or peanuts out of......ha ha, you guys know the rest of that story and now WM can figure out some more of what I thought I was PMing to him!

Els
Image Image Image
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Back in the 60s, when I "vacationed" in SE Asia we'd say "I would drink her bathwater." Same connotation.
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V8VIRTUOSO

Post by V8VIRTUOSO »

Hey im with WM and ELS on this one. It does keep the pussies out and its good to talk on here like im talking to my good friends....you guys in real life. I say the odd fuck or shit as we all do cos its a passionate describing word and we are all adults and not in school anymore. Adults swear.....adults drink.....adults smoke.....adults get strippers etc etc. We are not fucking babies we are Bikers, Brothers, Family Men, Professional Men, Military Men etc etc whatever. We are all adults and i talk on here as if i would talk to you guys in a bar. That involves swearing there is not problem with it. I dont swear in front of women (unless they like it haha) and i dont swear in front of children.......so no problem. As far as ~Aussie Rob is concerned haha .Yes it is the British fault. The British swear the most in the world im sure. We have so much British swearing slang as well but i have to admit that USA and Australia can keep up with us just about haha! We are all cousins across different ponds.
Anyway i thought this post was about Sabertooth and vrrmm problems with them. Im sorry to hear your problems and like ELS said id love to hear a genuine ride report as ive only come across one from Hot Biker.com or something but it was nothing to go by and not done by a V8 Bike enthusiast. All due respect if there is any to give to Sabertooth but ive heard so many negatives and the thing just doesnt look any good to me personally. Im very intrigued to their future thats for sure.

Cheers Guys

Jimbo