Redtro

SHHHHHH....

Post by Redtro »

Let's don't all talk at the same time here!!! Image
Toastie

Re: SHHHHHH....

Post by Toastie »

I agree.
Its what I was saying on the other site. So many people are a little indifferent this year.
Kinda like a big planned party, but everyone got the date mixed up and came at all different dates.

So far this year, after deciding to keep the Big Block, I put 3 times the miles on it than I did last year. Although it still dont add up to much, it was still some riding.

All around my house, so many dont hang with each other anymore. All these tiny sub groups have formed and no one is talking to each other. I seen it last nite at the local coffee hole. About 15 bikes and there was 4 groups. Funny thing is we all used to be friends. Ill be right back after I look into my crystal ball. LOL LOL
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I've lost several of my old hard core Harley buddies since I bought my Boss 11 years ago . They don't see the Boss as being a motorcycle . To them it's a 2 wheel car . Fuck them .I still own a Harley Roadking and I've forgotten more about Harley's than most of them will ever know .

Jack
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

I agree. The passion seems to be lacking lately. Our trike hasn't been ridden much this year
and we may not even attend Paris.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)
Ric

Post by Ric »

I'm guessing that a busy riding/working summer might have something to do with the lack of attendance on this site. I don't really feel that there is much of a difference in the social aspect of riders around here. It's quite the opposite. All the Harley guys like it when I bring the BB around. They STILL ask questions about it. AND they all know I've got wrenches on it like my old Shovelhead. I think if you maintain your 'I rode a Harley, Triumph, Norton...etc. attitude when you are on a Boss Hoss... You'll be accepted in any bike social circle. Even the local Biker gang in this area waves, nods, etc.

Many of the guys around here are Oil Patch workers... everything from welders, to Consultants. Many of them are 'coffe shop cruisers', but also, many actually ride their bikes places. Our popular coffee place is called Tim Hortons' (Similar to Starbucks - only without lattes) I've posed several questions on some of the fixes with some of the Harley guys who are machinists, welders and the like.

As for riding passion, we Canadians value the limited riding season like life itself. (I've put over 10,000 miles on my bike this spring/summer so far). Those cooooooooold winters provide us with a ton of time to work on the bikes, and chat on these sites.

So around here, it seems different than what you cats are suggesting.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

I agree with Ric as we ride every time we get a chance.
My goal at the start of the riding season was to ride in
25 states this year and I might still make it.

Shane is coming up this weekend to attend an adult
rally called Hawgstock in Winterset Iowa and I will
see to it that he enjoys the weekend. :twisted:

Gonna drag race at Conesville Sept 2-5 and then head for
Paris. Boys we ain't getting any younger so get out there
and raise some hell! :twisted: :twisted:

....Johnston, Iowa
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

hogv8 wrote:I've lost several of my old hard core Harley buddies since I bought my Boss 11 years ago . They don't see the Boss as being a motorcycle . To them it's a 2 wheel car . Fuck them .I still own a Harley Roadking and I've forgotten more about Harley's than most of them will ever know .

Jack
Anyone that is not your buddy anymore because you ride the "wrong" kind of bike was never your buddy in the first place. Just another shallow, "Bad Ass Biker" wannabe, douchebag
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

In those famous words of a higher presence,,
He,,He, He,,, Hee
He got to say "Asshole" and he's not even a regular member,,,
He,, Hehe, He
Hey,, Butthead,,, where's your member? He,, HeHe,, He

[bOriginally Posted by Fred Rau
Evidently, any attempt at common courtesy is not to be tolerated here.
I am a professional writer. I have made my living for the past 40 years by writing and selling magazine stories. It's how I pay my rent.
In my original request on this board, I made it explicitly clear that I was gathering information for a commercial magazine article. That's how an article is put together - by getting information, photos, etc., from people "on the inside," who are intimate with the subject matter.
It is considered common courtesy to use the names of the people who contributed in the article (which I did), and after publication, to inform them of where the article can be located, should they so desire. This is also what I did. Yes, it appears in my own online magazine, for which people have to pay. It may also be published in other magazines, which people buy to read. If it were a newspaper story, you'd have to buy the newspaper, too. That's how business works.
Now, suddenly, I am some kind of asshole -- seemingly for no other reason than the fact that I get paid for my work. Evidently, my detractors all work for free. I wish I could afford to do that, but I can't.
I promise I won't bother anyone here again, and I'm sorry you all feel this way.][/b]

A bit thin skinned if ya ask me.

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
bhcmagazine

Post by bhcmagazine »

Hey Gang: Seth here from BHC magazine. I've been fast at work on the next issue, which goes to print next week. Please don't let my lack of posting indicate any lack of interest in this site. I'm still trying to get my editorial feet under me, but it's getting easier every day. Here are some things I'd like to hear about, if you wouldn't mind posting about it:

1. In your opinion, what are the top five things BHRA should focus on right now.
2. What should be addressed online (bosshosscountry.com) or in the magazine.
3. What are the biggest obstacles to growing BHRA membership (that we can do something about, of course).

I'm very interested in your opinions, your comments and your smart remarks! Very little grows unless it gets torn first. So let's grow this thing. In the next issue, I'll be taking excerpts from the blog about your favorite answers to the questions we're all asked at every stop. It does remind me that this whole BH thing is worthwhile.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks,
Stupid New Guy
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

w1ldman wrote:

(.)< ,

i see how it is. this is the EXACT smiley we need for departure in the chat

Darryl
Darryl Campbell