Another dum Brit question

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Paul H

Re: Another dum Brit question

Post by Paul H »

Your plugs install "STRAIGHT" in the head.
ZZ4 plugs and many aftermarket heads install
at a slit angle. By doing this there is a better
angle for the plug to fire the gas mixture
in the combustion chamber.

Paul H
Jack

Post by Jack »

TXscooterguy wrote:Anyone know how hard it would be to scan BH's past build sheets with a VIN link? Today's technology should make this doable. Any volunteers looking for a winter project?
The technology is called "OCR", I've been doing it in some form or fashion for the last 15 years. If I had the time, and someone had a stack of paper, I could scan it and make a "smart" PDF that would be searchable. I could take it further and put all of that information into a database and do all sorts of amazing things with it.

The reality of it is, most of us have the hardware we need right in our pockets. There are OCR apps for your smart phone. Download one, "take a picture" of the paper, and the application will turn it into text. Once it's text, there are no limits on what you can do with it.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

Jack wrote:The technology is called "OCR", I've been doing it in some form or fashion for the last 15 years. If I had the time, and someone had a stack of paper, I could scan it and make a "smart" PDF that would be searchable. I could take it further and put all of that information into a database and do all sorts of amazing things with it.
Do you think Rick would allow us access to the Boss Hoss history data so we could build this database?
Jack

Post by Jack »

Highly unlikely... but it might be worth a try. Things get muddy if the build sheets started to take on different "forms" and start looking very different from one another. All that means, though, is that when the form changes, you change up the metadata and start scanning the new stuff. I sat with Oracle for 7 hours today as they pitched me some new content management software... this is exactly the stuff they are selling.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Having just read the post about BH l think know body will give a toss about my scabby old engine now. However if anyone can throw some light on my engine I have found the original bill of sale.
it states
Engine BHC-3, stock 350
VM186268
Thats the same number that is on the block now.