Let's Talk Transmissions ... and other stuff

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
randy burkey

Re: Let's Talk Transmissions ... and other stuff

Post by randy burkey »

I turned 15,000 miles on my 07 big block.. Just serviced trans last week..Fluid looked a little dirty, But no burnt smell or metallic particles other than a very miniscule amount near magnet on pan....Play in first ..pray in second is my method
phpBB [video]
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

Randy, sounds like a "trailer queen" to me. Just kidding! lol
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Triker wrote:Randy, sounds like a "trailer queen" to me. Just kidding! lol
Ron, sounds like a ......Nah,,,,I better be nice..I don't have to explain my riding habits to anyone... :goodidea:
phpBB [video]
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

According to your video your rear tire has been 15,000 miles and the bike has only been about 7,500 :)

Shane
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

:iagree: I never thought of it that way...
phpBB [video]
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Is that your first tranny service Randy? 15,000 miles?? just wondering...and did you do a 'full flush"?
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

No, I change engine oil every year, and transmission fluid every other year, But as you know I don't put a lot of miles per year..Drop pan clean screen inside, clean pan change inline filter.. Refill with mobil 1 run through the gears with tire off ground check oil level with bike running in neutral...works for me!! (so far)
phpBB [video]
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I only got 29672 miles on my Boss, it gets shared with two other bikes. I bought the Boss with only 523 miles on it in July of 2008. The bike is a 2003 but sat in a dealers for years and then was purchased by the dealers relative. He told me his wife and family hated it and it just sat in his garage, it wasn't even registered. This was the first V8 bike I ever saw up close and the first one I ever rode. I bought it sight unseen and drove to Iowa from Vegas in an old station wagon and rented a U HAUL trailer to tow it home. I found the other forum back then and TRANSMISSIONS were a major subject. None of it was good and it was very expensive to rebuild. I was sure along with many others at the time that my trans would be the next one to go. Some guys lost 3 of them in the same bike! I am good friends with Tommy Chadwell so I never worried to much, he was the tranny expert on Nesco's. Now I think that if the trans makes it for ten thousand miles it will probably make it for fifty or a hundred thousand miles. I have rode the bike to Sturgis, Oklahoma, Oregon, every western state, clear up to Canada, never once broke down. I now have faith in the trans and actually the whole bike, I could leave for New York tomorrow without doing anything but checking the tire pressure and I think it would go there as if it were a new car. I have three bikes so the Boss doesn't get all the miles but so far its been great. Once Ricky gets a really strong transmission for his new line of bikes they will really be a great bike but some of us with the older ones might be surprised about how many miles we go before we ever need one of the better transmissions.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada