Ricky Retro's New Chopper!

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8VIRTUOSO

Ricky Retro's New Chopper!

Post by V8VIRTUOSO »

Hey Ricky im looking forward so much to seeing some pics and video clips of your new Chopper and of course a full riding review. I know your so in love with it and i cant wait to hear more from you and see more pics.
Believe it or not over here in UK the weather is starting to dry up and get better even though we are at the end of summer pretty much. Its been so wet and ive been so busy with my business's i havnt had much time to use it but over the last 2 weeks it has dried up and im on my Chopper every chance i get. Last weekend i went across the North Yorkshire Moores with a friend of mine. He on his Fat Boy and me on my Chopper. I loved every minute of it and although the roads were bumpy and not flat and well made like the ones in the USA i loved every second of it. Great Views, Great Valleys and fresh British Air. All Good!!!
I love my Chopper and cant praise it enough and imj sure your the same Ricky!

Talk soon

Take care everyone.
Keep Smiling and Riding

Jimbo
Redtro

Re: Ricky Retro's New Chopper!

Post by Redtro »

Hey JIMBO!!! Man yeah! I'm really enjoying it. I've only had it out of the trailer for one week but I've ridden it several times....just getting to know it, but I'm very excited about it. It seems to have about the same, if not more, acceleration as my 502 B.H. and it hooks up much better. I don't have to worry so much about overusing the throttle when I want to accelerate hard. I haven't been out somewhere to see how much smoke it will make but it will definitely break the tire loose if I want...just not at as high a speed. It doesn't have the unreal "thumping torque" that the 502 has but it really winds up quick and delivers more than enough hp to be very satisfying. It weighs much less and it feels very nimble in the parking lots compared to my B.B. and it's probably easier to back up (no reverse gear) than a regular Harley because the seat is so low. You can grab the frame at the bottom of the tank (just in front of the seat) while holding the bars with the other hand and back it up just about anywhere. The bike is much narrower than a B.H. and will easily fit into a tight parking spot between other bikes. I can't get over how good it rides for a hardtail. It's not as soft as my BH, especially with the air shocks I installed, but it's not uncomfortable at all and I really like the "naked simpleness" of the ride.

I don't have any new pictures yet. When I'm ready to ride...THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT. LET'S GO!!!! If only the dang love bugs (it's that time of year again...thanks to the University of Florida) would get out of the way! It's hard not to grin while riding this incredible machine, but if you do, everyone can tell! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky, I haven't posted for quite some time but wanted to make a comment or two about your bike. When I first saw the pics from Sturgis I thought it was very unique...totally out of the box with paint selection and the black vs chrome. All the pictures were interesting but I came away thinking in spite of it being "different", it wasn't my taste. When I saw the chopper in person right before you took delivery, I was blown away. The pictures do that bike as much justice as pictures of the Grand Canyon or similar. In other words...they don't. It is totally striking in person and I fell in love with it. In spite of personally being a chrome type, I thought the scheme with all the black on your bike made an even bigger statement and the paint is incredibly appealing.

Having owned numerous Boss Hoss 502 bikes and trikes and having ridden the DART 360, I think it would be a real coin toss as far as which one was quicker. Sure hope you get some opportunities to ride with a few 502's and see if our butt dynos are accurate. Because of traction and gearing, my bet's on the chopper although it's got to be very close.

Els
Image...Todd, North Carolina
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Thanks Elliot. I've been riding this bike almost every day and the more I ride the more I like it. Yesterday, I was working in the house (renovations) and didn't ride but thought about it all day until about 7:30 pm I rode it to the gas station just to get gas. I wasn't more that 1 or 2 miles each way but DANG it was a thrill. Would have rode around a bit but looked like rain anyway.
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Lookin Good!!!!! :D
Butterfly
Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Ricky, David let me ride both of his choppers, 590hp and 630hp at the Paris Boss Rally. Did I say Ride.....I should have said FLY.......... We spent the whole day thrashing the bikes through the twisties. I had a blast trying to stay with him. 8-)

Thanks David for a day I'll not soon forget.

Your ride is looking sweet....enjoy it.
CR
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

These things will mess up your plans. :lol: Remember....1000 per mo for 4! Won't be long now! :lol: :lol:
V8VIRTUOSO

Post by V8VIRTUOSO »

Hey guys. Heres the pics Wildman. Sorry for the delay in posting pics ive been so fucking busy lately its been incredible and ive only just got round to getting photobucket. Had some great ride outs on the Chopper lately and the black Silverado of mine in the pics you will see im taking that to a drag strip tomorrow for some fun with some fellow V8 Truck fans. Hey Ricky i love the way you describe the 'naked simpleness' of the Chopper ride. Very well put man. I couldnt agree more. I love to way mine handles and accelerates. Its tight and off the line its quick and quicker than my 502 without a doubt. I just cant wait to get a 520 haha.
Hey Crazy Rick im jealous of your 590/630hp rides. I bet that was awesome and what a thrill. tell me mroe about it when i see you guys next. You need a Chopper Rick.
Check out the pics guys tell me what you think. Before i go Hey Els how you doing Bro? Your right Rickys Chopper is incredable and very unique. I honestly cant wait to see it in person. Its amazing looking and il find it more amazing in the flesh for sure.

heres the link
http://s535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/RadicalBeast/

Cheers All
Jimbo
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Great pictures Jimbo. I wish you could make it to Daytona this week. Maybe in March...and bring your bike, huh?
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Jimbo....I think my new bike is looking better and better. Don't you think so? :lol:

Crazy Rick

Post by Crazy Rick »

Dang........................now I really do want one.... :shock:

CR
Only those who have been OVER the edge, know where the edge actually is. The rest of you are just guessing !!
MY Retirement Plan is to "DIE BEFORE RETIREMENT"

CR http://photos.v8bikeservice.com/
Els

Post by Els »

Ricky, I usually tell them to show some tits before they strattle mine, however, that scene you show is definitely A-ok. 8-)

Having talked to Wildman tonight and Jimbo regularly, it sure would be good if the core group of this board could all get together at one of the venues. Looks like a number of us missed Daytona but perhaps with enough planning, Sturgis would work next year as it seems lots of the midwest and left coast guys don't do Daytona.

Ok, back to the Hooters girls and Ricky's bike......Dude, we're counting heavy on you for many good pictures. No censoring or whining with nasty content. :shock:

Els
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Well Elliot....Let's have a little fun with this. Look carefully at the blond sitting on my rear fender. She is a swimsuit model. See if you can tell me what color swimsuit she's wearing. This may take a little time scrolling through all the girls...but I wouldn't think you'd mind.

Here is the link to her pictures. What color suit?
http://www.girlsofgaff.com/
502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Hmm, now I know why you wanted that new bike. Gets you to know some interesting people ;) ;) ;)

Peter
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
AR

Post by AR »

Redtro wrote:Well Elliot....Let's have a little fun with this. Look carefully at the blond sitting on my rear fender. She is a swimsuit model. See if you can tell me what color swimsuit she's wearing. This may take a little time scrolling through all the girls...but I wouldn't think you'd mind.

Here is the link to her pictures. What color suit?
http://www.girlsofgaff.com/

ok, i fell on the sword and took it on myself to do the job....I reckon she wears orange, blue, stars & bars, and a cute little red one. 3rd babe down on the RHS column.

it was tough, but I played hard and done good.

;)
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

It was a tough job, but someone had to do it. :twisted:
V8VIRTUOSO

Post by V8VIRTUOSO »

hahahahaahh fucking awesome!!!!!!! I just posted on the .com site and i had trouble not swearing so glad to be back on here. Ricky man bike and chicks looking great. FUCK! Your Chopper is working perfect then hahaha. Make sure your wife doesnt see the picture of your bike at hooters or she will be selling it and buying you a Vendetta to make sure you get no chicks what so ever with the ugliest bike out there hahah.
Great pics man and im so happy your loving your Chopper. Looks awesome man and il be there at Daytona to see it in the flesh. Cant wait to see it and see all you guys for some beers.
Il have my Chopper over at USA eventually but not for next Daytona unfortunately. 1 of my number 1 priorities is to get a V8 Chopper of mine based in USA so i can ride out with you guys. round NC, Fl and beyond. Amazing.
Hey crazy Rick and Aussie when you buying your Choppers???????
Il be parking mine in every hooters going and strip clubs etc hahaha Just park the Chopper up and see the chicks coming literally..........im with Els though get them to show their tits at least to sit on it. Saves paying 10 bucks for a dance. Get all the girls together for free haha.

Cheers All
Jimbo
Els

Post by Els »

Jimbo,

Wait 'til you see that bike in the flesh. It is awesome! I had told Ricky originally that the pictures from Sturgis were cool but when I saw it in the trailer just before Stan delivered it to Ricky, it was outstanding. It is really cool to see Stan and V8Choppers take things to this level. There are so many cookie cutter bikes out there it's sickening. People think that bolting on some cheap catalog chrome bling customizes or personalizes a bike but that's pretty weak. There will be no others like Ricky's for sure!

You believe this guy? I'm lucky to get one biker skank to show some tits and Ricky has them sticking to that new paint like it's babe flypaper.

No, I couldn't make it through all the swimsuit pics. Although she's a babe, it's naked or nothing for this guy. Ricky, in Daytona, you get them over to the choppers, Jimbo and I will shame them into stripping. We'll grab Russ to take the skin pics.

Els

P.S. Jimbo, your "Vendetta" remark had me laughing so hard the tears came. Too funny man! :lol:
Image Image Image
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

Image She found out about that picture while in Daytona. It did bother her some but I reminded her that I wasn't in the pictures and I didn't take the picture and she got over it pretty quickly. I think Melba likes this bike as much as I do. I noticed that when she is on the back that the rear tire compresses more and it's even softer riding two up. She was asked many times in Daytona what she thought of the ride and she only had positive remarks.