ONCE IN A LIFETIME

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SQ4MN

ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Post by SQ4MN »

Some things are just to good to miss. Owning and riding a V8 motorcycle is an experience that is reserved for way less than one hundredth of one percent of motorcycle riders in the world. Less than half of that already minuscule number have ever owned and ridden a V8 Chopper. I started riding about 60 years ago and one of the attractions was that I liked being different. Back then if you rode any motorcycle you were rare. Little did I know that someday I would ride with the rarest group of motorcyclists in the history of motorcycling. Tonight I decide to take it a step further. My wife and I will go to Daytona in March and while there I will ride the V8 Chopper around the famous Daytona race track. I feel so lucky to do this with Stan, Gary, Elliot, Rick and some of my other friends. The opportunity to do this is just to good to miss. When I rode my Boss Hoss to the first EAST MEETS WEST run with Tommy Chadwell and Adrian and my long time best friend Mike Arbuckle little did I know how much that trip would change my life. Last year I got married on the V8 Chopper, I rode the same bike 152 mph, which might possible be the fastest anyone my age has ever ridden a V8 Chopper, and now I will ride it around the Daytona race track. Unfortunately we will have to trailer the bike to Daytona from Las Vegas as I don't consider the Chopper to be a touring bike. My wife might like riding in the truck as we have been riding the Boss Hoss or the Triumph on many out of state long distance rides this last year. We even rode a few states with Stan and Shelly on
our bikes. We could ride our Boss Hoss all the way to Daytona as I'm sure it would make it without problems but then I would have to borrow a Chopper from Stan and it would not be the same as riding our own. Anyway I am excited which is why I posted this. If any of you guys go to Daytona in March I would love to see ya. We will most likely be around Stans booth, I might even see if I can help sell some again if he lets me. Meet my wife and say hello and if you have a V8 Chopper ride with us around the track.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
502wingman

Re: ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Post by 502wingman »

Looking forward to meeting you :germany: :capwin:
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
ventury

Post by ventury »

Dave its good to read your V8 experience,you echo the folks here Iam sure
The thought of ever riding such a beast was beyond my dreams,as a kid with dyslexia,( dyslexia in those days was a 'Dumb kid' label) , let alone owning one or many
My blessing has been able to own and ride a V8 across the land of such a great country,world leading in many many ways.meeting the good American folk has been something I will never forget. Viewing the American life,customs,celebrations and the tribulations in a Country the world is greatly influenced by ,for a foreigner this has been enriching,mind blowing and an education not found in books .all whilst riding my V8 from coast to coast
Sounds great ,riding Daytona. I hope to be there
Ride safe
John & Laura

Ps,,,chop has arrived at the docks,should see it Thursday can't wait
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Looking forward to shaking your hand and introducing myself :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Ponch

Post by Ponch »

Squirm it will be good to see you again. It's been awhile.
Yes we are scheduled to ride also
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

DENNIS and WINGMAN, I am looking forward to meeting you guys. Ponch it has been to long and it will be great to see you also. I haven't been to Daytona for a long time. We will probably not get there until the 17th.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

ventury wrote:Dave its good to read your V8 experience,you echo the folks here Iam sure
The thought of ever riding such a beast was beyond my dreams,as a kid with dyslexia,( dyslexia in those days was a 'Dumb kid' label) , let alone owning one or many
My blessing has been able to own and ride a V8 across the land of such a great country,world leading in many many ways.meeting the good American folk has been something I will never forget. Viewing the American life,customs,celebrations and the tribulations in a Country the world is greatly influenced by ,for a foreigner this has been enriching,mind blowing and an education not found in books .all whilst riding my V8 from coast to coast
Sounds great ,riding Daytona. I hope to be there
Ride safe
John & Laura

Ps,,,chop has arrived at the docks,should see it Thursday can't wait
Today is Sunday, did you get your bike? Is everything OK?

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
ventury

Post by ventury »

This coming Thursday,so just waiting.
I have missed seeing it
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I did not even start to realize how long this would take. We should have put it on a plane and sent it AIR FREIGHT!

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

SQ4MN wrote:Some things are just to good to miss. Owning and riding a V8 motorcycle is an experience that is reserved for way less than one hundredth of one percent of motorcycle riders in the world. Less than half of that already minuscule number have ever owned and ridden a V8 Chopper. I started riding about 60 years ago and one of the attractions was that I liked being different. Back then if you rode any motorcycle you were rare. Little did I know that someday I would ride with the rarest group of motorcyclists in the history of motorcycling. Tonight I decide to take it a step further. My wife and I will go to Daytona in March and while there I will ride the V8 Chopper around the famous Daytona race track. I feel so lucky to do this with Stan, Gary, Elliot, Rick and some of my other friends. The opportunity to do this is just to good to miss. When I rode my Boss Hoss to the first EAST MEETS WEST run with Tommy Chadwell and Adrian and my long time best friend Mike Arbuckle little did I know how much that trip would change my life. Last year I got married on the V8 Chopper, I rode the same bike 152 mph, which might possible be the fastest anyone my age has ever ridden a V8 Chopper, and now I will ride it around the Daytona race track. Unfortunately we will have to trailer the bike to Daytona from Las Vegas as I don't consider the Chopper to be a touring bike. My wife might like riding in the truck as we have been riding the Boss Hoss or the Triumph on many out of state long distance rides this last year. We even rode a few states with Stan and Shelly on
our bikes. We could ride our Boss Hoss all the way to Daytona as I'm sure it would make it without problems but then I would have to borrow a Chopper from Stan and it would not be the same as riding our own. Anyway I am excited which is why I posted this. If any of you guys go to Daytona in March I would love to see ya. We will most likely be around Stans booth, I might even see if I can help sell some again if he lets me. Meet my wife and say hello and if you have a V8 Chopper ride with us around the track.
THAT was brilliant penmanship, well said!
We all are living the dream.

Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Dave..

I somehow missed this thread before tonight...we will meet there!!!!!!

Safe trip....
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

It amazes me how many of us have been on this or the other site for years. Will be fun to meet for first time or to see some old pals.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Grand Canard wrote:
SQ4MN wrote:Some things are just to good to miss. Owning and riding a V8 motorcycle is an experience that is reserved for way less than one hundredth of one percent of motorcycle riders in the world. Less than half of that already minuscule number have ever owned and ridden a V8 Chopper. I started riding about 60 years ago and one of the attractions was that I liked being different. Back then if you rode any motorcycle you were rare. Little did I know that someday I would ride with the rarest group of motorcyclists in the history of motorcycling. Tonight I decide to take it a step further. My wife and I will go to Daytona in March and while there I will ride the V8 Chopper around the famous Daytona race track. I feel so lucky to do this with Stan, Gary, Elliot, Rick and some of my other friends. The opportunity to do this is just to good to miss. When I rode my Boss Hoss to the first EAST MEETS WEST run with Tommy Chadwell and Adrian and my long time best friend Mike Arbuckle little did I know how much that trip would change my life. Last year I got married on the V8 Chopper, I rode the same bike 152 mph, which might possible be the fastest anyone my age has ever ridden a V8 Chopper, and now I will ride it around the Daytona race track. Unfortunately we will have to trailer the bike to Daytona from Las Vegas as I don't consider the Chopper to be a touring bike. My wife might like riding in the truck as we have been riding the Boss Hoss or the Triumph on many out of state long distance rides this last year. We even rode a few states with Stan and Shelly on
THAT was brilliant penmanship, well said!
We all are living the dream.

Rick

Are you going to be there?

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada