V8 and Boss Hoss decals

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
GordonBH

V8 and Boss Hoss decals

Post by GordonBH »

My Hoss came without decals (as you can see below) but I fancy having some, so many people ask me what it is etc and I like the look.

I've seen a few with the standard V8 side panel one and "Boss Hoss" for the tank in white.

I've toyed with the idea of the chrome stick on letters for Boss Hoss on the tank but I am wary of committing to something that would be hard to remove off the relatively soft lacquer.

Anyone know a source?
Gordon from England
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: V8 and Boss Hoss decals

Post by CanuckHoss »

Stick on decals of any sort are going to look like stick on decals...you have such and awesome paint it would not add to looks I believe.

Look on my SOLD page for Boss Hoss on my website and you will see the tanks and side panels of different Boss Hosses.

Personally...I would pick a Boss Hoss emblem that you like and put one on each sidepanel...on the tank is not necessary for what you are after....AND then I would have a painter put the decals on and re-clear coat the side panels...more professional looking and not that expensive or timely
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Thanks Barry,

Wise counsel, I don't want to hurt the paint job. I've already had the side panels hard coated clear as the US clear coat was very soft and scratched dull when I wore my leather pants.
Gordon from England
v8rider

Post by v8rider »

I agree with Berry your paint is awesome the way it is. I am looking at doing something on the same order as yours black metallic metal flake with brandy wine graphics. Love the look of your bike it's perfect.
V8Norm

Post by V8Norm »

I had a bike with large decals on the tank and on the side And they will still ask the same question.

Marv can get you some, BUT do you really want them. I think not
Norm
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I just had my tank painted and was happy to not have BOSS HOSS on it anymore. It still says V8 on the side panels because they were not repainted. Your bike is so clean looking that any decal or lettering will take away from it. Everyone knows if they know anything about bikes that its a Boss Hoss, hey they even think my V8 Chopper is a Boss Hoss. I think you have an impressive looking bike, kind of like a foxy chick without make up, its best not to touch it. MY OPINION ONLY

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

:iagree: :what_he_said:
phpBB [video]
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Well I respect you guys a shed load and perhaps I'm too close to the trees to see the wood.

I'm leaving things be. You are so right, people (including seasoned bikers) don't know what it is and I have it on the rocker covers, dash inset,caps and plug lead holder. - one guy yesterday asked if it was 2 rockets machined together until he counted to 8!

I'll try to post some close up pics to show the subtle but effective red swirls that really shine in the sunlight.
Gordon from England
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

GordonBH wrote:W

I'll try to post some close up pics to show the subtle but effective red swirls that really shine in the sunlight.
I initially sold this bike and the paint cannot be shown in pictures...it is not a graphic paint job where the scenes or characters come through good in pictures..it is really really nice but can only be fully appreciated in person
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Hi Barry,

You are so right! I love the paint it is rich and deep. If you can get to Pullman you can touch it again for old times sake.

I realise it's been a tough few months (years) for you both so if not this year then next :group_hug:
Gordon from England