Biketoberfest

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Ponch

Biketoberfest

Post by Ponch »

Well another Biketoberfest is over and done.
Wonderful seeing and ridding with old friends as well as meeting new ones.
New bikes and new ideas always interesting.
Now its time to look forward to Bike week-- wont be long
Have a warm and safe winter
Ponch n Dorcas
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712
V-MAN

Re: Biketoberfest

Post by V-MAN »

Ponch wrote:Well another Biketoberfest is over and done.
Wonderful seeing and ridding with old friends as well as meeting new ones.
New bikes and new ideas always interesting.
Now its time to look forward to Bike week-- wont be long
Have a warm and safe winter
Ponch n Dorcas
AGREED Ponch ... Friends make the event ...

Safe travels!
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Picking up new toy this afternoon, will advise. And as it has been said, great to see everyone, Susan says to tell Dorcus that she plans to keep the shopping appointment that she had to cancel at the Speedway and pick it up at Bike Week. We also need to make another trip to the Doggie track and maybe just do 10 races and not all 16, too much time for all 16.
Buck
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

I have to echo what Ponch said plus stay tuned for some pics .....

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Buck wrote:Picking up new toy this afternoon, will advise. And as it has been said, great to see everyone, Susan says to tell Dorcus that she plans to keep the shopping appointment that she had to cancel at the Speedway and pick it up at Bike Week. We also need to make another trip to the Doggie track and maybe just do 10 races and not all 16, too much time for all 16.
Buck
hmmmm....need an oil change in the trike and too lazy to do it??...so just trade it in again? AWESOME!!!!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Actually I changed the oil before we went but now we have a new addition to our growing stable and kept the 2 Choppers. Will post a pic later
Buck
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

I think I know what it is but won't reveal my guess until Buck let's us all know .
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! A Slingshot like in the picture of you and Susan in one?????????
CanuckHoss

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Yes Barry, a Slingshot. Pardon the crappy pic but the sun has not hit the west side of the house yet. Picked it up in Rockingham from a dealer we know, got a great deal, have put about 300 miles or so on it and am getting about 32mpg. The steering is super quick and takes a lot of getting use to; noise from the trannie and rear wheel when accelerating but settles down when cruising at a set speed. Can offer a more complete driver's report in a month or so.
Attachments
PA220002.jpg
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Buck wrote:Yes Barry, a Slingshot. Pardon the crappy pic but the sun has not hit the west side of the house yet. Picked it up in Rockingham from a dealer we know, got a great deal, have put about 300 miles or so on it and am getting about 32mpg. The steering is super quick and takes a lot of getting use to; noise from the trannie and rear wheel when accelerating but settles down when cruising at a set speed. Can offer a more complete driver's report in a month or so.

Very cool Buck....congrats...

I wanted to buy one in March and rent it out...$350 a day with $50 of it going to Organ Donor Awareness. I had the deal done with the dealership...all arranged. BUT I could not find an Insurance company that would sell me Insurance for renting...it was such an unknown. Stupid for sure because Insurance to rent any two wheel bike was readily available and that is not as safe as the Slingshot...

A slingshot with a V8 transplanted would get my attention in a heartbeat...hmmmmmm....502...or lumpy ass came SB...
CanuckHoss

hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

When I grow up I want to be just like you Buck !!
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

thanks guys, it's a lot of fun and keeps us out of the Equinox for those short trips. Now we have to concentrate on selling the Vette, 6 vehicles between the 2 of us, not counting the golf cart and boat, is one too many. Anyone want to buy a 2008 Vette??
Barry, the insurance, full coverage is about $350 for the Slingshot, not bad.
Buck
Attachments
P7180001.JPG
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

CanuckHoss wrote:
Buck wrote:Yes Barry, a Slingshot. Pardon the crappy pic but the sun has not hit the west side of the house yet. Picked it up in Rockingham from a dealer we know, got a great deal, have put about 300 miles or so on it and am getting about 32mpg. The steering is super quick and takes a lot of getting use to; noise from the trannie and rear wheel when accelerating but settles down when cruising at a set speed. Can offer a more complete driver's report in a month or so.

Very cool Buck....congrats...

I wanted to buy one in March and rent it out...$350 a day with $50 of it going to Organ Donor Awareness. I had the deal done with the dealership...all arranged. BUT I could not find an Insurance company that would sell me Insurance for renting...it was such an unknown. Stupid for sure because Insurance to rent any two wheel bike was readily available and that is not as safe as the Slingshot...

A slingshot with a V8 transplanted would get my attention in a heartbeat...hmmmmmm....502...or lumpy ass came SB...
WOW...I said it only 4 days ago and here it is already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkG3Qca ... e=youtu.be
CanuckHoss