Question about shipping overseas

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Question about shipping overseas

Post by V8Bikers »

I have someone who is interested in my bike that lives in Sweden. He was told that he would incur taxes of about 26k plus customs and shipping of course making the purchase of the bike prohibitive. Does anyone know a cheaper way to do this? Barry?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Mark

Re: Question about shipping overseas

Post by Mark »

Bill,

that sounds actually quite reasonable. I would have guessed more but I may confuse the value added taxes with Denmark which are even higher. Your potential buyer should consult with Hugo, the Swedish dealer, on this one.

Even more important is the answer to the question if he can also help getting that beast registered. 606 for example are a no-go for Germany but I know that some scandinavian countries make exceptions!

Mark
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

V8Bikers wrote:I have someone who is interested in my bike that lives in Sweden. He was told that he would incur taxes of about 26k plus customs and shipping of course making the purchase of the bike prohibitive. Does anyone know a cheaper way to do this? Barry?
I crated a SB and shipped to Glasgow, Scotland

Now I am sending the 2008 trike to Germany.

Maybe you could ship it to Germany and he could pic it up there???

I know there is an Airfreight option too.

Is it allowed there? Germany would not accept my 2008 BB because it was officially a SB...tried that angle in 2013
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Thanks for the responces but he did a little research and found out it would impossible to register a 606 in Sweden. What do some of these EU countries? have against cubic in. Is it solely a emissions issue?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

From what I understand ... Yes. they MUST be Fuel Injected and there are quite a few other requirements that are done to the bikes to make them legal abroad. I think the main thing is that they did not come from the FACTORY with the 606 in them so they have no pre-registered category to put them into and test them against so they are simply rejected.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:From what I understand ... Yes. they MUST be Fuel Injected and there are quite a few other requirements that are done to the bikes to make them legal abroad. I think the main thing is that they did not come from the FACTORY with the 606 in them so they have no pre-registered category to put them into and test them against so they are simply rejected.
same here...carbed are ok I think as long as they were factory carbed...a motor change makes them inadmissable...
CanuckHoss

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Thanks for the info. Glad we don't have to worry about that here. Barry, does this apply to Canada as well? Did Stu's 606 sell? if so, in Canada?

DeLand, FL.

GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Bill, we have very restrictive EU laws on 'non-approved' type vehicles. It takes us quite a lot of work and perserverance to get standard Hosses through our vehicle departments. In my case I was lucky my tester allowed my original long Boss Hoss pipes and mufflers "even without a maker's official stamp" on them. I explained that BH don't mark their pipes and showed him a photo from the manual - he was happy. My OEM turnout pipes are too loud anyway. Strokers and other motor changes are a big no-no.

Also I had to declare a max. top speed of 120mph - as per the speedo and within the tires' capacity (130mph rated). etc, etc. They wouldn't even allow a Windvest to be attached!

In Sweden I believe you have 10% import duty, THEN 25% Value added on top. The import duty is likely to be calculated on the bike's declared value plus shipping cost! That turns a $63k bike into $88k !!!! Ouch!

Barry's spot on that maybe a route via the German dealers (via BH Tenn official container) as he was very confident he would get my Hoss registered for Europe, but it's stock so not a big deal for him. VAT is 19%. He might know of a potential German customer...

Good luck selling it, it's an amazing beast.
Gordon from England
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

V8Bikers wrote:Thanks for the info. Glad we don't have to worry about that here. Barry, does this apply to Canada as well? Did Stu's 606 sell? if so, in Canada?
Does not apply here...nobody cares...YET...about the motor change in a bike..even Harleys come up here with 120's in them

I have only Imported the one bike with a different motor than from the factory and that is the 2008 502 bike...started out a FI SB but Canada Customs nor the rest of the departments involved in Importing don't care..

Stu;s 606 sold but he never said where...Canada or USA
CanuckHoss

ventury

Post by ventury »

[quote="V8Bikers"]Thanks for the responces but he did a little research and found out it would impossible to register a 606 in Sweden. What do some of these EU countries? have against cubic in. Is it solely a emissions issue?[

Hi Bill
Yes there is a legal way, albeit alot of Fing around plus the costs,,,,the Government pricing system is Similar to a modern day Dick Turpin (famous Historic highway robber)only in reverse,,Robbing the poor to pay the rich
Yes its all about the emissionbs ,but the emissions limits are doable
Ventury