New bike skin concept

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Grand Canard

New bike skin concept

Post by Grand Canard »

Was just playing around and came up with this, whatcha think??
Flame suit on!
Imagine it as a single panel made from aluminum or fiberglass and painted.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
mdwdvm

Re: New bike skin concept

Post by mdwdvm »

Could be interesting - my personal preference is to see more of the guts of the beast! Also wonder what the impact would be to engine temperatures?
Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

I am on the fence. Looks really nice but you can no longer see the engine which is what usually attracts most on lookers and sets us apart from other bikes. I also would be worried about the lack of air flow. It would probably add a few extra MPG's and aerodynamics if that is what you are going for.
:goodjob:

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

I like the idea of the "fairing" on the bike, I'd probably keep it as tight as possible for the aerodynamics.

PS

I think the air scoope you have incorporated into the sides will actually provide better cooling then a "stock" bike without fairing/scoops ... JMHO ...

I also like different ... the shear size of these bikes when parked and the sound when running will still draw more attention then I like or want
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

wag

Post by wag »

:umno:
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

The scoop idea will absolutely provide better cooling when in motion. When idling in traffic I am seeing it becoming a hot box.

IMO I think less is more. To have all that top quality work hidden seems wasteful. IF you are firm on the Fairing idea, Leave the air scoops open and start the fairings below that imaginary line. It's throwing the "lines" off incorporating them. Keep the scoop, it pays homage to all the Sport Super Bikes out there ( as well as being 150% necessary )

I know a lot of the European guys have fairings and yes, they look good BUT I have seen the quality of work and components that are in your bike and I enjoy seeing it.
When parked, you will have 20 minutes of things to observe and ponder vs. Cool fairing ... Nice bike
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

My big priority is to get Berzerker finished and on the road, no plans on building those skins.
I have long been interested in creating something more aerodynamic with spoilers to keep the machine planted to the road and may someday put more effort towards that end.
The pics were posted merely to get some feedback and possibly more ideas and improvements.
I'm pretty sure that it could be done using 3D printing after a laser measured the profile of the bike bare and then again with the skins. Using the 2 scans, computer graphic imaging program could then be used to create enough spacing or gap to allow for insulation and also smooth-out the imperfections.
The plastic 3D printed mold could then be used to create something permanent.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

WOW!! This 3D printing is going to revolutionize manufacturing and creativity. Keep the ideas coming!!! :badtothebone:

Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

you have waaaay too much time on your hands, why not use some of it to make a trip to NC and fix my trike? Those cardboard skins are an interesting concept.
Buck
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Goldwing?? The motor just has to be visible..just me..
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Clint44

Post by Clint44 »

I don't care for the full body look but those air scoops show some possibilities. Kind of like a rich man's V-Max.
Clint & Sherry
2006 Boss Hoss 57 trike (sold)