What it is all about for me....

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

What it is all about for me....

Post by CanuckHoss »

Last week we were sitting at the front counter shooting the shit and a couple of fairly old fellows walked in. The other guys in the shop said Hi as I did but I stepped from behind the counter to ask if they needed help. They said they had heard about our shop and the uniquness of it and were in for a look around at some of the different bikes we sell..they did not know right then but were referring to the Boss Hoss and sidecar Urals. I had a 1/2 hour visit with both..one is 85 and the other 80 or so. Both still ride..one a 50 cc Piago scooter he has put a 69cc kit into so he can reach almost 60 mph hour.. They have some collector bikes I need to go and see about 30 miles away.I really enjoyed their visit as I do with most customers because to me it is the best part of the business...meeting people.

A couple days later the following email came to me. Below it is in it's entirety. Pretty cool guys these old guys!

"Hello, I am writing to thank you for seeing us last week. It was a great day for two old guys.

I was so pleased for Roy. Roy Wilson was married for well over 60 years and his wife died about six weeks ago. After her death, he retreated into his home and just was not interested in anything. That is why I made sure to bring him to your shop and bikes. He had a great time.

Roy married after WW11, and as a new couple with no money, their sole transportation was an old bike. His wife pushed it to start it. When the babies came they just added a sidecar. She was a "biker chick" long before anyone knew what that meant.

Barry thanks again. By the way, are you any relation to Ed Radu? Ed and I were great friends during the late 70s and the early 80s.

Bob Wardle" END QUOTE
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
petitemoose

Re: What it is all about for me....

Post by petitemoose »

Pretty cool stuff!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Wow great story! But I need to know, are you related to Ed Radu?

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Iron Maiden wrote:Wow great story! But I need to know are you related to Ed Radu?
HAHAHA..actually I do know him but no relation...small world when we start talking about who we know...
CanuckHoss

GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

The BH one is small too, I remember you telling a very new newbie that there were some great Hosses in Canada (as well as the US) and guess where I ended up buying mine from? and it had been through your hands too - twice I'm told!

Have you sold ALL the Hosses in Canada? :D
:england:
Gordon from England
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

GordonBH wrote:The BH one is small too, I remember you telling a very new newbie that there were some great Hosses in Canada (as well as the US) and guess where I ended up buying mine from? and it had been through your hands too - twice I'm told!

Have you sold ALL the Hosses in Canada? :D
:england:
Small world indeed Gordon.

There was a dealer in Toronto that sold pretty much all the ones there from 2003 to 2007..I am guessing about 50 or so. And I am going to guess about 100 Boss Hoss bikes and trikes in Canada in total. I counted last year and I was at about 40.

PS...email from Scotland today that Campbell's bike was released from Customs this morning and he will see it Tuesday!
CanuckHoss