Dreamers

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Dreamers

Post by Carl La Fong »

Though I no longer post "over there", I still check in often to watch the circus/soap opera. I've been following the thread, with some amusement, about the last big block.
There seems to be an urban myth that big blocks are highly sought after collector bikes. I dunno. Just checking sales on eBay, they seem to be holding their own, value wise, but still are selling for much less than their original selling price. This does not smack of "Collector Item" to me. To qualify, it must increase in price, overall. There may be some dips and some leveling off here and there but it cannot loose value year after year.
On to the point of this goofy diatribe. The last big block is either for sale or not for sale, depending upon how you look at it. First, it seems that you have to pass some sort of test to qualify for consideration to be the curator of the Hope Diamond of Motorcycles. I wonder what this entails, exactly. Financial disclosure? Background investigation? DNA sample?
It was stated that an offer of 100 thousand American Dollar bills was flatly turned down. Now, in my mind, there are fools and damned fools. A fool will offer 100K for a motorcycle of dubious value. A damned fool turns it down.
The last example of anything that is a made up collectors item is worth no more than the one that came before it. What is the last Yugo or Pinto worth? Maybe I am being cynical, but I don't think so.
Besides that, I have it under good authority that the 502 is a truck motor, huh Squirm?
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
V-MAN

Re: Dreamers

Post by V-MAN »

:funnyshit: I thought it was pretty rediculas too ... I think "johnny" will have that bike for a very long time ... that's ok because he doesn't need the money.

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Now, as it always does in these sorts of speculations, Jay Leno has been dragged into it. It used to be Bill Harrah, but now Jay is the torchbearer for the dreamers. I worked with a guy, at my last job, who owned a 38 Ford flatbed truck. The only one left in the known universe. Jay Leno called him once a month and offered him 125K for it, but he is holding out for the 250K that it is worth. FoMoCo has also been in touch and offered him 125K plus any brand new Ford of his choice. He's too smart to fall for either of their rip off deals.
I read an interview with Jay, some time ago, and he said that provenance has little bearing on what he buys. He buys what he wants. To suggest that Jay Leno has no idea what something is worth is stupidity at a journeyman level. Besides that, he does own a 502, so in a few years he will be able to sell it, pay off the national debt and buy a private island with the remaining money.
ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

John,

Perhaps you west coast jet setters could ask Jay Leno if they had interest in a '38 Chevy flatbed truck instead? I have a buddy in the hangar across from me who has a pristine one, next to his '38 model Aeronca 50 (airplane) that would gladly take that kind of money with a new model truck thrown in!

That "collector" stuff relative to the "last" 502 is amusing.....unless the guy finds some fool to cough up the really big bucks. And you know the old saying about fools. There's surely at least one out there.

Els

.................... "Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Not Enough"

... Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

I have the only Blown V8 Chopper trike in the world!

I will only sell it for $500,000 in cash. Now back to my other dreams....

....Johnston, Iowa
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

V8 Perv wrote:I have the only Blown V8 Chopper trike in the world!

Haven't even worn out the first set of tire and already for sale?

Shane
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

V8 Perv wrote:I have the only Blown V8 Chopper trike in the world!

Hey Ron I'll buy it!!

I'll give you a cashiers check for $1,000,000.00 (came from the African Govt of OutOfYourFrickenMind - so it has to be good). For your "troubles" you can sign the trike over to me and only refund $200,000.00!!!!!!! :rofl: This way you net $800,000.00 - just looking out for you! :doh:

What a deal huh? Will await your decision ...

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Hey Don, Gotta pass on your offer would have to pay too much
income tax on that kind of gain.

Shane, I will get to work on the first set of tires just as soon
as we hit Daytona.

....Johnston, Iowa
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Well, it looks as if Johnny Moneybags got his tit caught in the ringer and was given the boot. He has SOOOO much money that, I'm sure, He will start his own V8 site to showcase and offer the crown jewel of motorized vehicles. Maybe he can collaborate with Big Brute Gary :ohthedrama:
Harold Blocker
Outdrank the Perverator

Post by Harold Blocker »

Well while we are at it ...... I have the FIRST 2001 Boss Hoss vin #001. It was the FIRST production unit with the inverted front end. Anyone want to make me an insane offer on it???? Hah, I thought not! BTW it is a lowly ZZ4 unit .... but they no longer make them soooo..... :dizzy:
Harold Blocker
Southeast Missouri
hblocker@clgw.net
ImageImage
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Harold Blocker wrote:Well while we are at it ...... I have the FIRST 2001 Boss Hoss vin #001. It was the FIRST production unit with the inverted front end. Anyone want to make me an insane offer on it???? Hah, I thought not! BTW it is a lowly ZZ4 unit .... but they no longer make them soooo..... :dizzy:

Harold , what month was your 2001 built ? Just curious because my 2000 was build in May of 2000 I think shortly before they started building 2001's .

Thanks , Jack
Harold Blocker
Outdrank the Perverator

Post by Harold Blocker »

Jack,

It was built in August 2000. Monte told me I had the choice of the last 2000 or the first 2001 if I would wait 2 or 3 weeks. Since the price was the same.....I waited.
Harold Blocker
Southeast Missouri
hblocker@clgw.net
ImageImage
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Thanks Harold , I was told that my 2000 was one of the later 2000's but definitely not the last 2000 . Interesting that yours is the first 2001 but no cigar for either of us .

Jack
HOGV8
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

I agree that Johnny was a real dreamer but good old Clint sure has let his Super Moderator title go to
his head. A guy don't dare argue with Clint or you get the boot. But then who really cares?

....Johnston, Iowa
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Yeah, the added disclaimer on the "For Sale" page is a bit much. Clint and I had words a while back, but we agreed to disagree. I have no issue with him. I don't know if Johnny Bigbucks needed to get tossed off, but I was given the 86, by Lamont, for less. I check in there several times a day and it has really gotten slow. The Big Block thread was a hoot, but that's about it. A long drawn out saga of a trip to South Africa kept me on the edge of my seat for about two nanoseconds. I will admit that when my bike was being shipped from FL to SoCal I tracked it almost constantly, so I do understand. If it weren't for the guys from The Great White North, replying to every post, I think there would be little or no activity over there. I would still post there, but as I've stated before, there was some specific douchebaggery that pissed me off.