Few pictures of my new Trike.

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Few pictures of my new Trike.

Post by V8 Perv »

Stan is 99% complete with my new Pro Charged 427 Dart trike.
850+ HP on pump gas with over 800 # of torque.
I rode it yesterday in Miami and it is a Fucking Animal! At 60mph
just crack the throttle and the tires go up in smoke! It has been
a long wait but I believe Stan has built me the perfect trike.

Anyone want to race?
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f ... =1&theater

....Johnston, Iowa
Elvis

Re: Few pictures of my new Trike.

Post by Elvis »

Sweet lookin ride, we need video for sound and smoke. :)
KISS

Post by KISS »

Congrats! Looks fast! 8-) 8-) 8-)
I also like Finnish flag painting! :thumbup:
JST2CRZY

Post by JST2CRZY »

Holy shit Ron, looks incredible, love the way the charger is mounted-looks sick. Looking forward to videos.
BTW, I have a supercharged Viper pushing 750+, would love to line up some time, even though you would win
it will be fun trying 8-)
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Elvis, It will be a whlie before I have any videos to share.
Deb and I are leaving for Arizona shortly and I won't be
bringing the new trike home before we leave.

We are planning to attend bike week in Florida this March
and I would guess a couple videos might be shot.

....Johnston, Iowa
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Anyone want to race?

MAYBE............ :ohthedrama:

OH NO..............
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

V8 Perv wrote:
Anyone want to race?

Sure I will race you, I ain't scared of losing :D

Shane
Puff

Post by Puff »

Ron,

Are both hand grips throttle grips ??
TWO Great Big Handfulls ! :rofl: :rofl:
Bill Van Sant

502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Looks great Ron. I am looking forward to watch you when we meet again in Daytona. :D 8-)
Peter & Biene
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Rather than continuing to Hijack Dons thread here are a few
answers to Elliots questions about my new Blower Trike.

Dart 427 Little M block
Running 8 pounds of boost for safe street operation
and still producing 850+ Horsepower and 800+ pounds torque.
Running standard gearing.

Heavy duty Transmission case to protect the family jewels
because some people think I'm hard on equipment.

No Nitrous this year but thats always an option if I need
just a little bit more.

Not sure what 1/4 mile strip would allow me to run so most likely
will only be running the 1/8 mile. Also not sure this old man wants
to run 150-160 mph on three wheels.

....Johnston, Iowa
ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

Ron, this ride sounds over the top! You can just leave it parked and be the big kahuna :yourock:

Not sure what you're doing for traction but if you can half hook up, you should see high 5's running the 1/8th. You'll easily see somewhere around 120 mph as well so go ahead, run the 1/4 :ridding: I personally think they'll throw you off either track if they're an IHRA or NHRA facility :yikes:

Never seen or heard of a 3 wheeler that would come close to torching tires from 60 mph. Especially with the big ass tires Stan equips the chopper trikes with. That's going to be a sight to see. I look forward to being behind you and watching that unfold 8-)

Congrats and see you in Daytona...

.................... "Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Not Enough"

... Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

ElsV8 wrote:Ron, this ride sounds over the top! You can just leave it parked and be the big kahuna :yourock:

Not sure what you're doing for traction but if you can half hook up, you should see high 5's running the 1/8th. You'll easily see somewhere around 120 mph as well so go ahead, run the 1/4 :ridding: I personally think they'll throw you off either track if they're an IHRA or NHRA facility :yikes:

Never seen or heard of a 3 wheeler that would come close to torching tires from 60 mph. Especially with the big ass tires Stan equips the chopper trikes with. That's going to be a sight to see. I look forward to being behind you and watching that unfold 8-)

Congrats and see you in Daytona...
Els, You must not have read my posts from last summer. :dunno:

I have already ran 124 mph with my purple trike and a 6.08 eighth mile
in a halfass run last year. This was before Stan installed the electric shift
for my powerglide. On the 6.08 and 6.11 runs I would start out in second gear because there aint no way I can take my hands off the bar to shift gears.
Had terrible 1.60 second 60ft times and still ran a 6.08 so with the new
trike I'm looking for something under 6 seconds and hopefully near 130 mph.

As far as never seeing a trike lite them up at 60mph?? I think I can take care
of that! :rofl: :rofl:

....Johnston, Iowa
ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

Perv,

99% of my track time with the V8 bikes and trikes are also 1/8th mile but it was not choice. The only 1/4 mile track within reasonable reach, Desoto Raceway in Bradenton, FL....wouldn't let the 3 wheelers race and you could only get in one run on the 2 wheelers before they'd lay down the law about track regs. Legitimate leathers, approved helmet, and a NHRA license were required because of time/speed requirements. I remember the problem we ran into in Tulsa a few years ago with the 2 wheelers and the track there limiting us to 1/8th mile runs after our 1/4 mile times were too quick.

I personally can't warm up to 1/8th mile. Grew up at a 1/4 mile track, everyone seems to relate to 1/4 mile times, and these V8's we run have enough trouble hooking up to where we need the additional distance to make up for crappy traction. The additional 25+ mph between the two tracks seems worth it.

With your new trike, you'd be lucky to get more than one pass at a 1/4 mile track anyhow unless you were to find a non-sanctioned one. I personally love the "street" drags as much as anything but some states laws (like FL) have gotten severe when it comes to getting caught. Hard to have that kind of fun out there anymore :2up:

Els

... Image
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

ElsV8 wrote:but some states laws (like FL) have gotten severe when it comes to getting caught. :2up:
Els
El could you give us some details about Florida laws, a lot of us are headed that way in March?
ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

El could you give us some details about Florida laws, a lot of us are headed that way in March?[/quote]

Elvis, I don't know a lot of the nuts & bolts about street drag racing but I do know that the legislature criminalized it going from what used to be a civil action to a criminal offense. As such, it's more than just dollars you get hit with anymore. It can be jail time, lots of legal headaches, license suspension or revocation AND dollars. Someone told me that it's an automatic 1 yr license suspension but I don't know that for fact.

There's been manslaughter and even vehicular homicide charges brought against those who contributed to a death via street drag racing. The courts in FL pretty well lump drag racing into the same category as DUI. I also believe it results in a "reckless" charge rather than "careless". Again, this is via memory and what I've heard.

With motorcycles, any type of wheelie is now a big offense. Nothing we V8 guys need to be concerned about. I suspect that if a cop had a bad attitude, a burnout could be considered "reckless" and result in some headaches. Daytona cops have a bad sense of humor about them. Especially the motorcycle cop who was behind me pulling out of Miller's on Ridgewood about 8 or 9 years ago :dunno: .

E
Last edited by ElsV8 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

... Image
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Hey Ron, you need to clean up the left side of that trike, you have some kind of crap hanging off that side!!
Elvis, so you're coming back to Daytona, good for you maybe you can stay longer than the last time..
Buck
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Hey Buck, That thing sticking out the left side is my smog pump.
Since I would hate to be accused of polluting the atmosphere I
had Stan install the very latest in clean air technology. :mrgreen:

....Johnston, Iowa
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Buck wrote:Elvis, so you're coming back to Daytona, good for you maybe you can stay longer than the last time..
Buck
Tues-Sat, better than two days like last time.
Ron, trike looks great, You bringing the bottle fed smoker too?
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

Hey Buck, That thing sticking out the left side is my smog pump.
Since I would hate to be accused of polluting the atmosphere I
had Stan install the very latest in clean air technology

I hear you Ron, we V8ers must be environmentally conscious and keep the exhaust emissions, at WOT, and the tire spin to an absolute minimum. See you guys in a month.
Safe trip.
Buck
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Going 25 mph over the speed limit CAN cost you your ride as well as your license. If pulled over and asked if you own it the CORRECT answer is "no, the bank does and I have XXX years left to pay on it." ... They now have the power to just take it from you and keep it.

Melting tires will either be an "unlawful display of horsepower", "careless / wreckless driving" or "drag racing" depending on their mood.

Helmets must be worn by anyone under 21. optional for those with $50k in medical ins. ... never been asked to prove that though

Eye protection is required no matter if you have a windshield or not. If wearing a full face helmet, keep the visor down if not wearing glasses. minor gap in the shield to helmet is allowed but 1/2 up will get you a ticket. clear and yellow are required after dark

100 mph and faster is a free ride to jail ...

Posing for Perv's Sig Pic can get both people arrested and found guilty of a sex crime if there is anyone under 18 in the parking lot ... otherwise she will be cited for public nudity

Florida is a reciprocal concealed weapon state ... your concealed carry permit is honored here but you must obey FL laws as pertaining to where carry is allowed and how ... bars, banks schools and places with posted signs prohibiting are all no no's

radar detectors are legal to use

cell phone use while driving is permitted ... beating the snot out of someone who swerved towards you while doing so is not :(

If you see a wild alligator ... look but do not approach, feed , touch or annoy it as that is a criminal offense ... all 18 billion of those bastards are protected

smoking in restaurants or any public building is a no no ... bars are still ok unless they attach to a restaurant ...

if coming with friends ... exchange Power of Attorney papers and carry with you. Should you find your vehicle impounded, they will be able to keep it or get it out for you and save you hundreds in fees and lots of paint damage

Drunk driving starts at $5K and goes up from there. Legal limit is .08 failure to agree to a field test will get you a free ride and probably a blood test. When you sign your license, you agree to road side tests ...

Road Blocks for sobriety and proper documentation ( license and Insurance) checks are legal.

most cops in Daytona have a bad attitude during Bike Week ... expect no leniency
Last edited by petitemoose on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thanks, a couple of those I never thought of.
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

petitemoose wrote:
Florida is a reciprocal concealed weapon state ... your concealed carry permit is honored here but you must obey FL laws as pertaining to where carry is allowed and how ... bars, banks schools and places with posted signs prohibiting are all no no's

most cops in Daytona have a bad attitude during Bike Week ... expect no leniency

I actually got stopped last year, I was headed north to IronHorse for some BBQ and my "cover shirt" must have blown up/back at some point. I had unmarked PO pull me over with gun drawn and hiding behind car doors. They walked me back to car with usual question, I showed my CCW and they relaxed. They asked if I knew law in FL regarding open carry, I stated I did and it's NOT legal and that is why I was wearing a cover shirt. They were very cool and RESPECTFUL ... They then told me somebody called 911 for "man with gun" and that is why they stopped me to start with. For the rest of the week I buttoned the middle of the shirt when riding to help keep shirt from blowing around.

All the years I've been coming to FL in March and Oct I have found the PD to be pretty cool. Knock on wood, been stopped multiple time for various things and have never left the State with more then a written warning. Hopefully it continues like that for many more years because I have all intentions of "playing hard". :D

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

hellboy

Post by hellboy »

Perv, I just looked at your new V8 Chopper on Facebook and nearly fall off my chair. That's one masterpiece of a machine - love the ProCharger and hookup. Can't wait to see more pix or video. And hell no, I ain't racing ya.... Be safe.
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Elvis wrote:Sweet lookin ride, we need video for sound and smoke. :)
Elvis here is a video taken at Conesville in May. The guy that made the video kinda pushed the HP numbers. I told him 858 but guess that wasn't enough.

phpBB [video]

....Johnston, Iowa