Back In The Saddle ...

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V-MAN

Back In The Saddle ...

Post by V-MAN »

Hello everyone, I haven't used this site for sometime. I always liked it over here and I miss a lot of the guys that hung out here BUT it was always hard for me to read the posts because of fonts/color combination ... just my old/tired eyes!

Most of you guys know that when I sold my Boss (almost two years ago) it was one of the hardest things for me to do. I hated the decision then and it never got better or easier - I missed the sound, the smell and the tire shredding power. I tried to substitute the Cobra in it's place and even with it's power it just didn't scratch my itch. I have been looking for a few months pretty serious but just couldn't find the right bike. I still have the same medical issues that made me sell the BH and didn't want to get another nasty bike that might just sit unused in my garage on the "bad days" so a trike was decided. Here are a couple pictures of the new trike, I ABSOLUTELY love it!

Don
IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING

ElsV8

Re: Back In The Saddle ...

Post by ElsV8 »

Don,

Let me be the first on the site to welcome you here, it is a 8-) site, and congratulate you on the new ride! What you didn't tell anyone that I can tell via the picture and having heard from a little bird... that's a totally bad ass 427 HotRod trike....it doesn't get any better!!! :thumbup:

Last trike I rode at Stan's was a 400 c.i. Touring Trike. It was fast as hell, much faster than any of the big block bikes I had, MUCH faster than the big block '57 Chevy trike I used to race. The 427 c.i. is making a good 60-70 hp more than the 400 c.i. Unreal!!!

The HotRod model has long been my favorite with the funny car appearance from the rear and superb handling. Watch putting Kim on back as you'll be looking at sky with a hard launch. Tons of rubber under that dude though so I'm sure it hooks up incredibly good.

Again, great seeing you post here and looking forward to seeing you in Daytona!

8-) :thumbup: :goodjob: :yourock: :badtothebone: :ten:

Els

.................... "Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Not Enough"

... Image
Ponch

Post by Ponch »

Don
Im looking forward to seeing the trike in person because I know that paint job is going to be awesome

I know that little motor and its bad to the bone

See you in Daytona, Ill be there all Month.
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Don,
great to see you posting and back with a bad ass V8 Chopper Trike!!
Love the paint, espescially the red base, Awesome!. Look forward
to seeing you in Daytona. Also, with the sites new look, can you read the post's better?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Hey guys ... THANKS! :thanks:

Yep it is the 427 Elliot and it is so nasty - I LOVE it! Even though Stan warned me about the police patroling the road out front I just couldn't help myself! :twisted: I lasted maybe 25-30 yards and had to get a handful :ridding: It all felt good and I knew I was going to buy it!

Don

Oh BTW the forum looks great and easier to read!

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Don:

Have you figured out where the NOS bottles will be mounted ??

:ohthedrama:

Geezer
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Geezer wrote:Don:

Have you figured out where the NOS bottles will be mounted ??

:ohthedrama:

Geezer
I actually asked Stan before I left if he could get NOS on before Daytona ... he's going to be too busy! :D :D I guess the spray will have to wait till I get it home!

My wife has been so cool, the only thing she was worried about is the NOS bottle covering up the V8 Chopper cover on rear of seat! :thumbup:

ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

I'm thinking I'm going to have to start a new thread focusing on these 3 wheelers and performance. There have been a number of extremely impressive trikes out there of late. Perv, Geez, David, Norm, now Don, one in Bill's family :mrgreen: and numerous others.

I was watching "Pass Time" last night and looking at similar 4 wheelers with 400, 427, 434 small blocks making anywhere from 450 - 650 hp, and Powerglides, T350 and T400 tranny's, there are some incredible 1/4 mile times. Many on the show are straight motor, no power adders, and some do, some do not use trans brakes.

I know with the exception of Perv, few if any of the 3 wheelers are spending time at the track but I suspect if they did, there would be some unreal time slips :yikes: . My new bike is incredibly fast but I wouldn't challenge any of these trikes off the line :goodidea: .

Els

... Image
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Welcome Don, beautiful trike, see ya in Daytona.
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

ElsV8 wrote:I'm thinking I'm going to have to start a new thread focusing on these 3 wheelers and performance. There have been a number of extremely impressive trikes out there of late. Perv, Geez, David, Norm, now Don, one in Bill's family :mrgreen: and numerous others.

I was watching "Pass Time" last night and looking at similar 4 wheelers with 400, 427, 434 small blocks making anywhere from 450 - 650 hp, and Powerglides, T350 and T400 tranny's, there are some incredible 1/4 mile times. Many on the show are straight motor, no power adders, and some do, some do not use trans brakes.

I know with the exception of Perv, few if any of the 3 wheelers are spending time at the track but I suspect if they did, there would be some unreal time slips :yikes: . My new bike is incredibly fast but I wouldn't challenge any of these trikes off the line :goodidea: .

Els
I'm going to have to talk to these guys, I've seen lots of video from Perv :rofl: awesome machine he has and the new trike WOW! Maybe they can tell me how they keep the front end down. Are guys running trans brakes on the Chopper trikes? I'd like to hear about that too but I better figure out question 1 first.

Don

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

Elvis wrote:Welcome Don, beautiful trike, see ya in Daytona.
Hello Elvis, it's been a couple years, look forward to seeing you down there!

Don

ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

Don, the only one I'm aware of with a trans brake is David Ward. It was really 8-) .

Not sure if Dave did it himself or had Stan do it. Geezer or Neil would also be good resources on this.

Somehow I've missed the details on Perv's trike but I thought I remember "blower"? :yikes: Sure would like to hear more about this or perhaps a reference to where he may have given details on this board.

Don, we may be brothers of different mothers. You haven't even taken delivery of the new 427 and I whisper something about a trans brake and you're on it like a dog on a bone, ha ha.

Last chopper trike I rode had a 400 c.i. motor and skeered the piss out of me when I gave it a blast :yikes: .

Els

... Image
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

ElsV8 wrote:Don, the only one I'm aware of with a trans brake is David Ward. It was really 8-) .

Not sure if Dave did it himself or had Stan do it. Geezer or Neil would also be good resources on this. I'll be getting more info down in FL for sure! David won't be there this year, sucks.

Somehow I've missed the details on Perv's trike but I thought I remember "blower"? :yikes: Sure would like to hear more about this or perhaps a reference to where he may have given details on this board. I only saw it very quickly in Miami and it looks NASTY :thumbup: ... I look forward to seeing it run! I was told no surging, very smooth, I'm used to hearing SC surge so it will be different.

Don, we may be brothers of different mothers. You haven't even taken delivery of the new 427 and I whisper something about a trans brake and you're on it like a dog on a bone, ha ha. :thumbup: :rofl: Great minds Elliot!

Last chopper trike I rode had a 400 c.i. motor and skeered the piss out of me when I gave it a blast :yikes: . :funnyshit:I'm so stoked ... Daytona can't get here fast enough!

Els

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

ElsV8 wrote:Don, the only one I'm aware of with a trans brake is David Ward. It was really 8-) .

Not sure if Dave did it himself or had Stan do it. Geezer or Neil would also be good resources on this.

Somehow I've missed the details on Perv's trike but I thought I remember "blower"? :yikes: Sure would like to hear more about this or perhaps a reference to where he may have given details on this board.

Don, we may be brothers of different mothers. You haven't even taken delivery of the new 427 and I whisper something about a trans brake and you're on it like a dog on a bone, ha ha.

Last chopper trike I rode had a 400 c.i. motor and skeered the piss out of me when I gave it a blast :yikes: .

Els
Els, I tried to post a link to the thread about my new trike but the
link doesn't work. On Dec 3rd I started a thread A few pictures of my new trike
and in that you will find a link to my facebook photos.

I do have a trans brake on both my Purple trike and the new Blower trike.
Looking forward to picking it up later this month and seeing just exactly what that baby can do. The one time I did ride it I can tell you it makes some serious power and I think I will be keeping my local tire shop busy.
Last edited by V8 Perv on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

....Johnston, Iowa
ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

Ron, I don't do Facebook and when I went to the link you sent, it said it was temp. unavailable. Any other link or pics you could send would be great. Or don't be shy (yeah, right) and post some pics here.

When able a few comments about the trans brake would be appreciated. Knowing how you use the trike, I'm sure it comes in real handy.

Els

... Image
addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

Since Ron doesn't know how to post pictures on here I took pity on him and have a couple of pictures of his new trike for you guys. :D I will try to get some more posted when I can.

addicted08

Post by addicted08 »

I found another picture of Ron's new trike.

ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

:yikes: that is totally awesome! I immediately think of two other 3 wheelers, Geezer's "Geezermobile" and Neil's current Touring model. Geezer had the centrifical blower on the big block and Neil & Robin's because of paint scheme and color. Absolutely awesome :thumbup:

Now that we have the pics, Ron should weigh in with some of the particulars. Is it a DART 427 or the aluminum motor? HP, boost, gearing, tranny, spray, etc? Is this one going to the track (1/4 mile please instead of the BS 1/8th) or just tire shredder and show?

Lastly, will this be in Daytona? Gary, Chris and I don't get there til the 12th or 13th. Sure hope to see you both and this new beast...

Els

... Image
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

addicted08 wrote:I found another picture of Ron's new trike.

That is so cool .... :thumbup: Hope to run into you down Daytona, have a couple questions for you!

Don

502wingman

Post by 502wingman »

Welcome back Don. I knew this would happen some day :)
I am looking forward to see you again in Daytona. We will be there 8th till 14th.

@ Ron : cant wait to see your blower trike :o 8-) . Will see you and Deb in Daytona.

Peter
Peter the WingMan
Backnang, Germany
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

502wingman wrote:Welcome back Don. I knew this would happen some day :)
I am looking forward to see you again in Daytona. We will be there 8th till 14th.

@ Ron : cant wait to see your blower trike :o 8-) . Will see you and Deb in Daytona.

Peter

Peter -

Thanks bro! I'm looking forward to seeing you again also. We'll have to get down for another "Breakers" burger!

Don

tjy

Post by tjy »

Don, This is ALL good news! I can't wait to hear about the trip to the frozzen north and to spend time hanging with you..Been alota years!

Tom

V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

tjy wrote:Don, This is ALL good news! I can't wait to hear about the trip to the frozzen north and to spend time hanging with you..Been alota years!

Tom

Tom -

It has been awhile my friend, look forward to seeing you! I'll be in town just before BW starts (5 March) to pick up trike from Stan. I will bring along a couple albums with some photos ... the trip was AWESOME :thumbup:

Don

ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

Don, how long you staying? I don't get there until Monday evening, 11 March. Hope you'll still be hanging. You must be frothing at the mouth about now :frustrated:

E

... Image
V-MAN

Post by V-MAN »

ElsV8 wrote:Don, how long you staying? I don't get there until Monday evening, 11 March. Hope you'll still be hanging. You must be frothing at the mouth about now :frustrated:

E

No worries, you'll probably be tired of seeing me by the end of the week! I am staying with a couple buddies up in Ormond Beach. I'll be in town probably until 17 March. Elliot you have no idea how hard the last 5 weeks have been ... I am definitely getting a lesson in patience! Today is "day 81" for stop smoking along with waiting for the trike - I EVEN AMAZE MYSELF! :shakehead:

Don