Ever catch a stranger sitting on your ride???

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Ever catch a stranger sitting on your ride???

Post by Iron Maiden »

Recently I have had a problem with strangers sitting on my trike posing for pictures without my permission. :frustrated:
Have you ever had this happen to you? If so what did you do, what was your reaction? I have had this happen a handful of times with my 2 wheelers over a 15 year span but this trike is like a magnet!!! In a two month period I have caught 4 people posing on it!!!! :wft:
Each time I caught someone the more intense the confrontation :catfight: After the last one I decided I needed to do something before I wound up in jail. My first thought was to have the trike electrically charged so it would give a nice shock to anyone that touched it, then I thought of a perimeter alarm. Both of these would be annoying and costly. I then decided to try a seat cover. My friend has a sewing and embroidery machine. She made a cover that "tents" over the seat it loops over the rear hoop and Velcros to the header guards, she also embroidered the V8 Choppers logo on it. So far no one has attempted to sit on it. :thumbup:
Attachments
seat cover small 2.jpg
seat cover small 1.jpg

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Re: Ever catch a stranger sitting on your ride???

Post by V8 Perv »

It really is a shame you have to place that cover over such a beautiful trike
but I can understand your problem. I haven't caught anyone on my chopper
trike but right after Deb got her red 57 Chevy we were at a small local bar and
some heavy set chick walks in bragging she just had her picture taken on that
trike outside. Deb is a very nice and calm lady but she still talks about how
frustrated she was. Maybe I should have married a 300# wrestler chick so she
could have kicked that bitches ass!

....Johnston, Iowa
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

if your friend is interested in making and selling 2 more let me know as I would buy them... Great idea.
Buck
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Buck- I am sure she would be willing to make and sell the covers. The material is black water resistant vinyl with the V8Chopper logo. Are you interested in same color and same embroidery design , she can do anything you want, maybe add your names?? They will run $100 each. Let me know if you are still interested?

ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

I took a slightly different route. I have a VERY loud horn that Stan & company put on my V8Chopper and a remote key FOB device that sets it off when I push the button. I've tested it often at Bike Week unfortunately. :evil:

You being close enough to see them sit on it is necessary as it won't help if you're not there to push the remote button. But the enjoyment I get out of seeing some butt wipe half jump out of their skin is worth it. And the range is really good. I would guess 50 yds +/- so you could activate it while in a restaurant or a ways from it.

The idiots I've beeped jump or look around like getting electrocuted or their hand caught in the cookie jar. Hopefully, it scares and embarrasses them enough to think the next time they want to throw a leg over someone else's property. I personally get a good laugh watching the pin head's reaction. :rofl:

Els
Last edited by ElsV8 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

.................... "Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Not Enough"

... Image
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

am definitely interested in 2 of them for our V8 Chopper trikes. The next time you are on the other V8 site shoot me a PM and I'll respond with my contact info. I can not find the PM site on this forum.
Buck
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Buck,
sorry you had trouble finding the "pm". it is located in tiny light grey letters at the bottom of each post.
With the new look in about a week the pm button will be more obvious.
Thanks,
Bill

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

got it, thanks
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Iron Maiden wrote:Buck- I am sure she would be willing to make and sell the covers. The material is black water resistant vinyl with the V8Chopper logo. Are you interested in same color and same embroidery design , she can do anything you want, maybe add your names?? They will run $100 each. Let me know if you are still interested?

I think the cover is a good idea but I think you should also have this embroidered on it in plain sight "IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE AS MUCH AS I VALUE THIS TRIKE DON'T FUCK WITH IT "
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

ElsV8 wrote:
The idiots I've beeped jump or look around like getting electrocuted or their hand caught in the cookie jar.
Els
The scary part about that is the potential for scratching the bike when they flee.
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

thanks for all the suggestions- I am happy to say that I have not caught anyone on my trike with the seat cover. :thumbup: I also just rolled over my first 1000 miles :ridding: She is one sweet ride!! Hope to meet everyone in Daytona!!!!

V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

Iron Maiden, Please tell us a little about your riding style.
Are you mild and timid or do you take it out and hammer it now
and then? Also can you beat your old man? ( That is with your trike
and not a whip.)

Deb and I look forward to meeting you both in Daytona.

....Johnston, Iowa
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

Damn why do I have to be catholic!! If I wasn't I would tell you that I leave a strip at every light and hit the NOS every chance I get. But I cannot tell a lie. I am just returning to the motorcycle world after recouping from a motorcycle accident 6 years ago, my leg is still not completly healed and I cannot get hurt again. So I just put on a shit eating grin on my face and enjoy the ride knowing I could beat most anyone out there including my husband. Although he thinks different. Both Ward and Stan have said that it would easily smoke a Boss. My trike has a 450 Aluminum Block, NOS and detroit locker. They also said that the front end will come off the ground-I can be just like Deb!!! :thumbup: See you in Daytona!!!

ElsV8

Post by ElsV8 »

I both rode your trike right after it was made and rode alongside it numerous times. It's an incredible ride and I too believe it would smoke a stock big block BH....at least up to a certain point. Beyond 120 or so mph, probably not and certainly not top end.

In my humble opinion, it's not about "who's faster" with respect to your trike. It's the coolest looking 3 wheeler out there....bar none. The massive springer front end on your trike is what inspired me to change my V8Chopper front end from the conventional to a springer on my last chopper. Hard to beat that look.

Els

.................... "Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Not Enough"

... Image
V8 Perv
Super Perverator

Post by V8 Perv »

I too have ridden that trike and am well aware of its power! I wonder
what most guys who pull up along side you must think?

As far as keeping up with Deb in the wheelie department I wouldn't
advise that. We will see you in Daytona!
Ron and Deb

....Johnston, Iowa
Ponch

Post by Ponch »

Yes numerous times.
The first time was another biker, Ididnot witness but my friends
Did. He left his mark for sure, chains hanging from his
Let side. Grrrrr!
see ya bye
Ponch

Image...............................................Image
..Ft Myers, FL. 33905..............................................Springfield, IL. 62712