monte's bubble plane

well-almost anything, wear your colors inside, we don't care.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
bob gbur

Re: monte bubble plane

Post by bob gbur »

he's an ol crop duster him and his dad, had a chance to talk airplanes with him at dyersburg. he dont have the bubble plane anymore but he built it
okie

Post by okie »

Hope he designed it better than the Hoss :(
AR

Post by AR »

WIldman & Monte sittin in a tree....
gaston 2005 502
Location: South Texas & Working Around the World, Across The Nation And Up Your Street

Re: monte's bubble plane

Post by gaston 2005 502 »

We in the same boat Wildman. The bikes aren't perfect, but i can say it is the best bike and the most fun to ride bike that i have ever had. And now i am saving for a Boss Hoss Trike also. American made,, that in my book says alot. The Benz we got is the first foreign car i have ever owned, the rest are, and will be Ford and Chevy, or another Benz. i know i ain't got the knowledge it took to make this dream a reality, but i like it!!

Darryl
Darryl Campbell
okie

Post by okie »

Oh I like my Hoss but for a guy with his knowledge and being a pilot,non-greaseable swing arm bushings,not water proof wiring and connectors,a belt pully off a Fireo with a v belt,frame not gusseted properly,shakey transmission with a vent plug spewing oil over the back of bike,come on I don't have stars in my eyes would he fly a freakin airplane built like that,maybe he would.I have never spent more money for a bike and contiue to spend money to up grade.I'm not trying to dis anyone,but thought wow this guy would fly that and I look at all I have done to my Hoss just to make it useable no wonder he sold the plane,I think I would have too
okie

Post by okie »

One more thing,if I had done my home work,I would have not bought the Hoss,it has too many issues.I have always thought they were ugly,the V8 motor was the only thing I liked about it.Then I made the mistake of riding one and just had to have one,I could not get over the feel of the thing but I let my emotions over ride my common sense and did not check them out enough.Lesson learned.I just assumed something that expensive would have been done right and would be as reliable and roadworthy as my Harley.I have never trailered a bike in my life except the Hoss when my flex plate broke,the factory did stand behind this repair even though the bike was out of warranty on time,it was a little over a year old and had only 300 miles when I bought it.It is on it's way to being a well sorted bike now ,but not without alot of money and help from alot of good people.But I still take the Harley on the long hauls only thing ever done to it is regular maintenance just want to ride,not stress over will I make it home.
okie

Post by okie »

Yeah,some people hear my bitching and say well I'll buy it if you don't like it,but they damn straight don't want to pay what I have in it.I am happier with it the more I do to it,the bike has never left me stranded,and if I thought it was worthless I sure would not put good money after bad.The whole thing struck me as funny that Monty built this plane I just wondered if he more or less threw it together or what.Monty is a whole lot smarter than I am,but I think I would have gotten some input from more quailified people on some of this stuff.One more issue and maybe you can find out for me,I don't believe Monty ever pictured folks riding these like touring bikes,they seem like they were designed to be hot rods that you ride around close to home on,just like the flying chair rig he came up with,I'm sure he didn't intend that to be more than a novelty,but if you tried to make a daily rider out of it I'm sure you would have alot of issues come up.What do you think?
KISS

Post by KISS »

"Yeah,some people hear my bitching and say well I'll buy it if you don't like it,but they damn straight don't want to pay what I have in it.I am happier with it the more I do to it,the bike has never left me stranded,and if I thought it was worthless I sure would not put good money after bad.The whole thing struck me as funny that Monty built this plane I just wondered if he more or less threw it together or what.Monty is a whole lot smarter than I am,but I think I would have gotten some input from more quailified people on some of this stuff.One more issue and maybe you can find out for me,I don't believe Monty ever pictured folks riding these like touring bikes,they seem like they were designed to be hot rods that you ride around close to home on,just like the flying chair rig he came up with,I'm sure he didn't intend that to be more than a novelty,but if you tried to make a daily rider out of it I'm sure you would have alot of issues come up.What do you think?"
Well done Monte!I bought my bikes just because they are Hot Rods!I have also had -34 Ford 3 window Coupe w sb chevy (of course hahha),but nothing i mean NOTHING is more Hot Rod than V8 bike!!!
okie

Post by okie »

Dang right,ain't no hot rod like a Hoss.It would kill me to see my bike with saddle bags,that's what the Hog is for.
Redtro

Post by Redtro »

I don't know....she's awfully full in the shorts....might be a guy! :o MY EYES...MY EYES!!! :twisted:
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Okie , apparently you haven't been riding Harleys very long . I have and can remember back in the Panhead and Shovelhead era and before we used to have to have a couple of trucks or vans follow us if we planned a 100 mile ride to pick up the broken down Harleys . I've owned a lot of Harleys and still do but until the Evos Harleys just could not be trusted for a long trip . My Boss Hoss on the other hand has never left me on the side of the road yet and I've taken it on several long trips . They do have bugs from the factory but once you work out the bugs and we all know what they are so they can be eliminated , these bikes can be very dependable . If you don't address these know problems before they happen it's your own fault if you break down because of them .

Jack
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Redtro wrote:I don't know....she's awfully full in the shorts....might be a guy! :o MY EYES...MY EYES!!! :twisted:
Dang Ricky , you might be right . Man , you don't miss a trick do you ??

Jack
okie

Post by okie »

hogv8 wrote:Okie , apparently you haven't been riding Harleys very long . I have and can remember back in the Panhead and Shovelhead era and before we used to have to have a couple of trucks or vans follow us if we planned a 100 mile ride to pick up the broken down Harleys . I've owned a lot of Harleys and still do but until the Evos Harleys just could not be trusted for a long trip . My Boss Hoss on the other hand has never left me on the side of the road yet and I've taken it on several long trips . They do have bugs from the factory but once you work out the bugs and we all know what they are so they can be eliminated , these bikes can be very dependable . If you don't address these know problems before they happen it's your own fault if you break down because of them .

Jack
Pull your self out of the past dude,my Harley is a 2005 and doesn't have any of the old time issues,they have belts not chains with total loss oilers any more,everything is different,leave stock no troubles,Hoss leave it stock = trouble
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Your the one living in the past DUDE . How many new Boss Hoss's have heard stories of breaking down .

Jack
okie

Post by okie »

I have heard plenty of Hoss break down stories,as I'm sure you have Jack,you dang near carry enough stuff to do a rebuild on the road,when I leave on the Harley to anywhere,I carry a few tools,clamps,fuses,a little wire,that's it nothing else needed.Never even needed any of that stuff, always make sure the maintenance is done on the bikes and they ain't trailer queens.
okie

Post by okie »

Jack I ain't trying to pick a fight with you but,the other night my wife was adding up recipts,I've spent more on up grades to the Hoss in about the year I've owned it than regular maintenance to the Harley in four years and 35,000 miles,I say the facts speak for themselfs.
hogv8

Re: Monte's bubble plane

Post by hogv8 »

It may sound like I carry a lot of parts but actually I only carry the parts that if I didn't have them with me it could put me on a trailer which has never happened in the 8 years I have owned my Boss and 50,000 miles . I have a spare fuel pump permanently mounted next to My Holley red pump so if I have a problem I just have to switch fuel lines , I carry a spare throttle cable , a alternator belt , a starter relay , a master relay , some fuses and some extra wire . I do want to get a spare ignition module but all of this stuff fits in a little leather bag . I also carry any tools required to change any of the parts I mentioned which also fit in a small tool bag . If I can't fix a major problem with what I carry then I guess I'm fucked and have to be a trailer queen .

Jack
okie

Post by okie »

You're the man Jack!!
okie

Post by okie »

Just how are you sure of the gender,is there something you're not telling us? Is this someone we know? Spill it Mike!