2013 Shriner Winner Gangsta Trike

private party ads only.
Sponsored by: (see "Advertise With Us" below)
mdwdvm

2013 Shriner Winner Gangsta Trike

Post by mdwdvm »

As noted in the posting of my bike being for sale, I'm also selling the 2013 Gangsta trike I won last year at the national rally.

Here's a link to the post on the other forum.
http://www.v8bikeriders.com/forums/show ... hp?t=37993

As noted in the posting, this is a great trike that I've enjoyed, but I've given my heart to a big block bike. Guess I'm fickle that way.

Let me know if you have questions, comments or know of someone who might be interested.

Cheers,
Mike
Mike Wallace - Watertown, MN
mdwdvm

Re: 2013 Shriner Winner Gangsta Trike

Post by mdwdvm »

My trike received some attention and interest at the national rally, but remains for sale. I think the $50K asking price was a bit scary for some, so I've reduced to $47K OBO to see if it jump starts further interest or offers. I'm not in a fire sale situation, but at some point the right person will come along and be fortunate to park this beauty in their garage.
indiana geezer

Post by indiana geezer »

mdwdvm wrote:As noted in the posting of my bike being for sale, I'm also selling the 2013 Gangsta trike I won last year at the national rally.

Here's a link to the post on the other forum.
http://www.v8bikeriders.com/forums/show ... hp?t=37993

As noted in the posting, this is a great trike that I've enjoyed, but I've given my heart to a big block bike. Guess I'm fickle that way.

Let me know if you have questions, comments or know of someone who might be interested.

Cheers,
Mike
pm sent
mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

I was told today that there is a rumor out there that my trike has been wrecked and that it has a salvage title. Who knows how these things get started, but it appears could somehow be construed from the fact that I've had 3M Clearbra professionally installed on some parts of my trike. I don't really care how the rumor actually started, as that's really irrelevant in the big scheme of things. What is important is that I set the record straight and folks that might be interested in my trike realize that this is ABSOLUTELY A FALSE RUMOR without any merit of any kind.

Reality is that I saw the 3M Clearbra demo and the high end vehicles on which it has been installed at a roll in car show at a local automotorplex (high end car condo garages) early in the riding season. I talked to them about doing the rear portion of my trike gas tank as I could see that over time my pants/chaps would rub against the edges. I don't know about you, but it completely pains me to see a nick or damage to a gorgeous paint job on these machines. So, I asked them about doing the tank with the clear protective film. Cost was to be about $75 which seemed reasonable to prevent damage to the tank, so I scheduled an appointment and took the trike in to their shop. Once there we began to talk about other areas that had high risk of damage - such as the front edges of the fenders where rocks and road debris make frequent contact and the body where the passenger legs go, so often scraped by errant boot placement as someone mounts the trike. Long story short and $300 total later, I had them apply the clear film to the back portion of the gas tank, the sides of the body below passenger feet and slightly behind in front of rear wheels and above the foot area to the seat. I also had them place a strip on the leading edge of the radiator shroud and on the very front portion of the front fender.

This protective film comes with a lifetime warranty and can be removed without damage to the paint if desired and is frequently utilized on high end cars - Lamborghinis, Porches, etc. If you look closely you can see where they made seams in the film to match up to the contours since there is no template for a BH trike, but I'm very satisfied with the results and I know it has protected the paint - there's one small 'scratch' in the film that you can see where a boot raked it when mounting - that scratch would have been in the paint clear coat had it not been for the film. Here's a link to the shop that I used and info regarding the product:

http://www.mnclearbra.com/index.html

Any questions - feel free to send me a note or give me a call.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Mike...it is BS that the rumour started...I have heard nothing...99% of guys know this is BS so you are good my friend.

FYI...I did my '57 502 trike with RockGuard when I got it in 2013 so that when someone buys it there are no more dings in the paint than when I started riding it. iIdid the rad shroud, top / front 1/2 of front fender, both sides / front of gas tank and both rear fenders that face the front and could get damaged...works great!!! only issue I have is the little bugger bugs stick worse to the RockGuard than to clearcoat on the paint...not a biggy as I just soak them a bit more.

Still wish we could have horse traded on the trike with my 502 bike...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
mdwdvm

Post by mdwdvm »

Bump
mdwdvm

SOLD - 2013 Shriner Winner Gangsta Trike

Post by mdwdvm »