Dakota Digital Instruments

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
KrautV8

Dakota Digital Instruments

Post by KrautV8 »

I have hooked up the HLY-3402 multifunction gauge and the HLY-3015 Speedo/Tach combination this afternoon.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd265.htm
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd331.htm

Both are 2 1/16" gauges, black when off. The best thing is that all wires I needed were already in the dash harness. No need for extra wires!!! I bought a new dash harness at Andy's and stripped it down to the wires I really needed (11 wires).

The Multi gauge is good for Volt, Oil Pressure, and Water temp, the Speedo/Tach gauge has all the indicators for neutral, high beam, turn signals. Also great is, that all options you don't use/need like air pressure and such can be set to "disabled" and are not displayed - this way the gauges show only the options that are hooked up and that really work. I hate when the gauges display a thousand options which doesn't work or are not connected.

Both gauges have adjustable redlines for everything - highest water temp, lowest oil pressure, lowest voltage, highest RPM. Once the warning point is reached the gauges change the display to the critical value.

For those who like the "Less is more" look ;)

I will post some pictures....including a pic of the gauges "off", and all three display modes...

Olaf
Attachments
P1010044.JPG
P1010042.JPG
P1010055.JPG
Last edited by KrautV8 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
KrautV8

Some more pictures....

Post by KrautV8 »

Here are the display modes....
Attachments
P1010047.JPG
P1010053.JPG
P1010051.JPG
KISS

Re: Dakota Digital Instruments

Post by KISS »

You have VERY HOT SHEET!!!! hahaha :o :o
KrautV8

Re: Dakota Digital Instruments

Post by KrautV8 »

Hahahaha.....Mikey, yes, they looked very "unloved" and used...hahahaha...lot's of fingerprints and dusty, like I requested. Saved me some bucks at the customs department ;)

Thanks, buddy...thanks for sending me your "old" gauges :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loafster....aaahmmm...oh no, the goverment might look.....

"Mr. X" :lol: :lol: