ARNOTT AIR SHOCKS

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
SQ4MN

ARNOTT AIR SHOCKS

Post by SQ4MN »

I put ARNOTT AIR SHOCKS on my BH bike 9 years ago. The system has always worked fine but in the last couple of weeks it has been bleeding down in abut 3 hours. I called them today and they said it was common after a few years but told me how to fix it. They said it was 99% a valve in the distribution block and they emailed me photos and instructions what to clean. They said it will get a little dirt there and it will bleed off the air. I followed the instructions they sent, took about a half hour and put it back together and viola it does not leak at all in last 10 hours. Its a shame they no longer make the shocks for a BOSS HOSS and have none left in stock. If someone has one or two from a BH bike that they would like to sell let me know. I would like spares.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: ARNOTT AIR SHOCKS

Post by CanuckHoss »

SQ4MN wrote:I put ARNOTT AIR SHOCKS on my BH bike 9 years ago. The system has always worked fine but in the last couple of weeks it has been bleeding down in abut 3 hours. I called them today and they said it was common after a few years but told me how to fix it. They said it was 99% a valve in the distribution block and they emailed me photos and instructions what to clean. They said it will get a little dirt there and it will bleed off the air. I followed the instructions they sent, took about a half hour and put it back together and viola it does not leak at all in last 10 hours. Its a shame they no longer make the shocks for a BOSS HOSS and have none left in stock. If someone has one or two from a BH bike that they would like to sell let me know. I would like spares.
HAHAHA...you are in luck my friend...I have a new spare..long story!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Its been some days now since I cleaned a valve in the distribution block and the shocks have not lost any air. Life is good as my old Boss Hoss is like new again. Everything is working perfectly. Trans shifts like new, rear tire is new, air shocks don't leak at all, and a new LED light bulb was put in the headlight. The bike runs like new still and stops as good as any Kenworth with two wheels is able to stop. Paint and chrome still look good and all gauges work fine.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

SQ4MN wrote:Its been some days now since I cleaned a valve in the distribution block and the shocks have not lost any air. Life is good as my old Boss Hoss is like new again. Everything is working perfectly. Trans shifts like new, rear tire is new, air shocks don't leak at all, and a new LED light bulb was put in the headlight. The bike runs like new still and stops as good as any Kenworth with two wheels is able to stop. Paint and chrome still look good and all gauges work fine.
That's the way I feel about my bike , I just don't see how anything could be any better .
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

Jack, I have seen your bike and it is one of the nicest Boss Hoss bikes I have ever seen. Its mechanically outstanding. Just a simple, clean, sanitary, well sorted bike. Pride of ownership shows. Have fun.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

hogv8 wrote:
SQ4MN wrote:Its been some days now since I cleaned a valve in the distribution block and the shocks have not lost any air. Life is good as my old Boss Hoss is like new again. Everything is working perfectly. Trans shifts like new, rear tire is new, air shocks don't leak at all, and a new LED light bulb was put in the headlight. The bike runs like new still and stops as good as any Kenworth with two wheels is able to stop. Paint and chrome still look good and all gauges work fine.
That's the way I feel about my bike , I just don't see how anything could be any better .
That's the way I feel about my trike too! Preventive maintenance is top priority in my book.
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

SQ4MN wrote:Jack, I have seen your bike and it is one of the nicest Boss Hoss bikes I have ever seen. Its mechanically outstanding. Just a simple, clean, sanitary, well sorted bike. Pride of ownership shows. Have fun.
Thanks Dave , that means a lot to me coming from a fellow rider of your caliber !
Working on a garage front wheel chock that will hold the bike upright while tinkering with it in the garage during oil change, trans oil change etc., etc .
BOSS555

Post by BOSS555 »

SQ4MN wrote:I put ARNOTT AIR SHOCKS on my BH bike 9 years ago. The system has always worked fine but in the last couple of weeks it has been bleeding down in abut 3 hours. I called them today and they said it was common after a few years but told me how to fix it. They said it was 99% a valve in the distribution block and they emailed me photos and instructions what to clean. They said it will get a little dirt there and it will bleed off the air. I followed the instructions they sent, took about a half hour and put it back together and viola it does not leak at all in last 10 hours. Its a shame they no longer make the shocks for a BOSS HOSS and have none left in stock. If someone has one or two from a BH bike that they would like to sell let me know. I would like spares.
Hi there,

I have the exact same issue with the Arnott shocks on my Bike. I checked all of the connections/lines and could not find a leak.
Do you still have the instructions to repair the valve distribution block that the company sent to you?
If so, I would really appreciate if you could send it to my email address. scotttrott@att.net

Thanks,

Scott
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

SQ4MN wrote:Jack, I have seen your bike and it is one of the nicest Boss Hoss bikes I have ever seen. Its mechanically outstanding. Just a simple, clean, sanitary, well sorted bike. Pride of ownership shows. Have fun.
I'll second that! Jack's scooter is incredible, anyone seeing it for the first time will quickly realize that is entirely attributable to "Pride of Ownership".
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

BOSS555 wrote:
Hi there,

I have the exact same issue with the Arnott shocks on my Bike. I checked all of the connections/lines and could not find a leak.
Do you still have the instructions to repair the valve distribution block that the company sent to you?
If so, I would really appreciate if you could send it to my email address. scotttrott@att.net

Thanks,

Scott
Sorry Scott I don't have the paper but you can call Arnott and get the technical help guy and he will send you the fix.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
BOSS555

Post by BOSS555 »

Thanks, I contacted them via email tech support and they were very helpful.

Merry Christmas
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

BOSS555 wrote:Thanks, I contacted them via email tech support and they were very helpful.

Merry Christmas
They are great people, wish they still made the shocks, mine are nine years old.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Jack

Post by Jack »

The posts on here encouraged me to reach out to them, will be putting an air system on my bike in the spring. I should be able to make their softail kit work.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Grand Canard wrote:
I'll second that! Jack's scooter is incredible, anyone seeing it for the first time will quickly realize that is entirely attributable to "Pride of Ownership".
Rick
Thanks Dave and Ricky , but Ricky I've got to say that there is no Boss Hoss that I've ever seen that can compare to yours , completely over the top with the best of everything . I love it !