Air Filter Suggestions

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Wild Bill

Air Filter Suggestions

Post by Wild Bill »

Any suggestions for upgrading the stock air filter for my 2001 502?

Currently running 7" diameter X 4" tall K&N with metal top that has been trimmed back on the left and right sides. The filter has to be squished down an inch at the rear to clear the tank.

Chopper City's unit is no longer available.

Thanks!

Bill
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
Conrad

Re: Air Filter Suggestions

Post by Conrad »

Hey Bill. I may be a little late on the reply but in case you haven't replaced it yet here is what I used today. It is identical to what I put on 10 years ago.

Top: K&N E-4655
Base: K&N 66-0901

The metal around the top has to be trimmed off. Only the center part of the lid is used. Nothing was wrong with the old one but it had been cleaned many times and I just thought it was time to replace it. Give me a call if you want more info. There is also a long thread on the other V8 site if you want to do a search.

Conrad
Wild Bill

Re: Air Filter Suggestions

Post by Wild Bill »

Conrad wrote:Hey Bill. I may be a little late on the reply but in case you haven't replaced it yet here is what I used today. It is identical to what I put on 10 years ago.

Top: K&N E-4655
Base: K&N 66-0901

The metal around the top has to be trimmed off. Only the center part of the lid is used. Nothing was wrong with the old one but it had been cleaned many times and I just thought it was time to replace it. Give me a call if you want more info. There is also a long thread on the other V8 site if you want to do a search.

Conrad
Conrad,

Thank You! I had put the air filter decision off while addressing other maintenance items. I'll jump right on those K&N part numbers.

Bill
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo