NESCO question

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Drm1

NESCO question

Post by Drm1 »

I just found some old paperwork from the original owner of my 2001 BH3. It's a packing slip from NESCO dated March of 2003. There are 4 items listed on the invoice:

1. Rebuild Fee-Serial no. 99412
2. Planetary Gear Set
3. PP-M1 Torque Converter
4. In-Line Oil Filter

I don't have the previous owners contact information any more to ask him about this. Was this the upgrade to the "B" model transmission?
Dave
SQ4MN

Re: NESCO question

Post by SQ4MN »

The 2003 was a B model trans, I think in 2001 it was an A model or the first year of the B model.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I don't know what the B upgrade consists of. By looking at your info, it seems that the planetaries crapped the bed and filled the convertor with junk. I would imagine the A to B upgrade consists of more parts
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Drm1

Post by Drm1 »

After some detective work I did find the original owner and gave him a call. This was a suggested upgrade from the dealer. He believes the upgrade was from the A to B model.
Dave
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

In the B model, the hard line from the pump to the valve body was eliminated and changed to passageways and oring seals. Removing the valve body was feasible without removing the tranny to get to the flare nuts on the copper line. If the one came loose at the pump end, you had a job ahead of you.