Filter change

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
knockdolian

Filter change

Post by knockdolian »

Hi all, Im planning a full service for the spring. Im looking for filters. Did the oil filters change over the years, can someone tell me what engine and transmission filter I need. There seems to be a number of transmission filters for the TH350 box with a wide price range. Also the engine filter, a FRAM number please. my filter is all chrome with no numbers on. It doesn't seem to be a cover but didn't want to take it off until I have a replacement.
Thanks
My trike is a 96 model
GordonBH

Re: Filter change

Post by GordonBH »

Hi mate,

The ZZ4 can take a few filters, I have copied a filter comparison chart

Product Information and Specifications for K&N Part HP-3002 Use this cross reference as a reference guide only! Use our application search to determine the K&N filter that correctly fits your vehicle.

Manufacturer Part Number
AC Delco PF35
Champ Labs. PH1218
Fram HP4
Fram PH13
Fram PH5
Mobil One M1302
Motorcraft FL12
Purolator L30040
Purolator L34631
Purolator L35132
WIX 51060
WIX 51060R
WIX 51061
WIX 51061R

I've used the purulator L30040 as I got 2 in the UK. My K&N filter HP 3002 is a lovely filter but my left exhaust pipe fouls it. I cut off the 'nut' on the base and still couldn't get it on. I'll drop the left pipe next year but couldn't be bothered this time round.
Gordon from England
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Thanks the copy of the later service manual says PF454 but looking it up this filter is very short. Mine looks to be much longer. Local auto factors go with fram so ill see what they have. Thanks again for your help
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I use the PF454.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

A lot of the Chrome Filters are in fact covers held on by a magnet in the bottom. To see if yours is one of those, Simply pull or push down on it and see if it slides off. Of course this is best done while the engine is cool ;)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

petitemoose wrote:A lot of the Chrome Filters are in fact covers held on by a magnet in the bottom. To see if yours is one of those, Simply pull or push down on it and see if it slides off. Of course this is best done while the engine is cool ;)
Thanks, Ive give it a good tug and nothing moves. Ive ordered a K&N. Just need help with the tranny filter. if I put TH350 in the ebay search there seems to be two types of filter. A cheap square paper looking one and a larger tin filter. If I do the same search on youtube I only see the large tin one. Problem is only the cheap looking one comes up in the UK. Can anyone through any light on the two types ?
Thanks
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Anybody, part number for trike transmission filter.
Please !!
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Just be aware that Fram has severely compromised their quality in order to capture the "Big Box Store" business. I wouldn't put a Fram filter on my lawnmower. Use a Wix, a Bosch or some other well made filter
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Thanks, I went for a K&N HP-3002
It's the transmission one I'm having difficulty identifying.
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I believe all Turbo 350s use the same filter kit. Just get one for a 75 Chevy pickup
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/