Lyndall brake pad number

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Lyndall brake pad number

Post by V8Bikers »

Anyone know the part # for the Lyndall's with the Brembo's? (front and rear). The reviews on the other site are very positive. I called them and they said there are several options for the Boss. Also, how is the center pin removed on the fronts? There is no cotter pin and when I try to push it from the inside out, it does not move. On the retaining clip for the rears, does the oval cutout go towards the front or back?
Attachments
bc.JPG

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Re: Lyndall brake pad number

Post by SRF »

Lyndall 7138 is what my 2003 uses front and rear, I believe 2004 and later used the same on the front but different on the rear. http://www.lyndallbrakes.com/brembo/ If there is a hole in the cross pin on the front brakes but no clip in it to retain the pin I would guess the pin is just stuck and gonna take more effort to get out, but you should probably be sure you don't have something different than I am familiar with before you get too aggressive.

Shane
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Thanks Shane,

I found out that 7138 is for the front but 7174 for the rear. You are correct as the f&r being different 2004 on. (mines an 07). I ordered the z pads as Lyndall told me that's what 80% of the riders choose. Their gold series is geared more towards really aggressive, racing and tracking uses.

I am waiting to remove the pins when I replace the pads. (think you're right on them being stuck). I'll report back once I get some miles on them.

Also, I still need to know which way the plate in the picture in my post above is oriented. Can someone check and let me know?

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Hi Bill,

I've attached the pictures of my 07 SS calipers I took just now.
The front should have a cotter clip but I expect that the pad retainer spring applies enough pressure to retain them.

The oval cut-out in the cover/retainer is uppermost on the rear. My pic previews the right way up but opens sideways (can't fix it) - but you can see the brake line coming out of the caliper base and the rear wheel on the right for orientation.

Out of interest does the cover retainer clip on the rear just pull off?

I still think it's wierd that the bleed nipple is at the bottom - last time I looked them air bubbles floated upwards :!:

And I know the rear brake caliper is dirty, it'll be cleaned by the time you get out of bed today :P
Attachments
Front location of cotter clip.  The retainer has an up arrow on it
Front location of cotter clip. The retainer has an up arrow on it
Cutout uppermost
Cutout uppermost
Gordon from England
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I've been using those same Z pads for several years now and have been very happy with them.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Thanks for the feedback and pics guys. Got it back together for now and looking forward to trying the new pads.

Gordon, the rear clip is held on with two pins and two very small cotter pins that sit inside the caliper housing. You can see them in your photos.

DeLand, FL.