Tech topics

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Tech topics

Post by V8Bikers »

At the risk of being redundant and the fact that some things have been discussed ad nauseam on the other site, I am going to try to post, at least once a week, a generic topic here such as tires, carbs, etc. The main reasons are to:

- create a database on this site
- keep more members here searching for help
- help people who may visit just this site

Thanks for your patience and of course feel free to ad your own!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
hogv8

Re: Tech topics

Post by hogv8 »

I think the reason we see repeat questions and repeat answers is because it's the new members asking old the same old questions . Are we to ignore their questions or answer with the same old answers . :dunno:
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

shouldn't the new old question be answered with the new old answer ? As long as it helps..I'm in..
phpBB [video]
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Good Idea. I went to the other site and copied some of the things I posted over there. Hopefully they will be useful to somebody here ;)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

petitemoose wrote:Good Idea. I went to the other site and copied some of the things I posted over there. Hopefully they will be useful to somebody here ;)
:yourock: :thanks:

V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Jack, I do think it is better to answer them with the same advice/info as in the past. Even though it may create some redundancy here it may spark some new answers/ideas from different people.

Petite, thanks for copying that info over here - great start!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Hi all,

As a newbie any tech stuff is good for me so I'll be searching here as much as poss and if the old answer was good in the past it'll be just as good now.

:england:
Gordon from England
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I like the tech stuff. Problems, fixes, modifications etc. Its interesting even if its been bought up before. As the years go by there's new products and new improvements available so there's always a chance to learn something. One thing I notice is that when I first came around there was always something wrong with the bikes (I'm talking Boss Hoss here) and some sort of fix for it. Electrical, carbs, swing arm bushings, brakes, transmission cooling mods etc. I don't hear about many problems any more now that the bikes are newer and the old ones have been upgraded by the ideas presented back then.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada