Aldan Shocks

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
petitemoose

Aldan Shocks

Post by petitemoose »

Sending my rear shocks in for a rebuild / re-spring. I currently have worn out 300# Springs so I think I will move up to the 350 or 400's. The service tech gave me the color chart to identify what I have so I thought I would pass it along. Toward the end of the spring coil you will find a small colored line like the used auto parts guys use to mark their pulled parts. The colors are as follows:

Red 220
Blue 250
Yellow 300
Yellow and Red 350
Pink and Blue 400

I was told they have springs all the way up to 600#

http://www.aldanamerican.com

22015 S. Avalon Blvd.
Suite C
Carson Ca. 90745

(310) 834-7478
Last edited by petitemoose on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
hogv8

Re: Aldan Shocks

Post by hogv8 »

400's are pink and blue . If your sending the whole shock to them ask them to install the larger dampener knob . They 1" DIA , knurled and look a turn much nicer than the small standard knob . I have my adjusters facing towards the rear and can easily adjust the shocks while riding .
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Thank You Sir. Post has been edited and I included the larger knob request with my Instructions to them :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Dennis...did you get my shocks?
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Ravinsomniac

Post by Ravinsomniac »

bike-1.jpg
Took my Kannon out after it sat for 3 years and found the rear shocks were leaking oil badly. The rubber seals dried out. I took them off and sent them to a rebuild shop but the said the 5/8" shaft was scored and not repairable. I called Stan @ V8Choppers and they don't remember what brand these were as they were installed 17 years ago and now they build hardtail bikes. I've been looking at Hot Rod shocks on line. What type of coil over shocks do you guys use on your Boss Hoss bikes ?
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

The kind listed in Petite Moose's first post.
Your shocks look to be shorter. IF they're
not Alden, send them to them and ask them
to make a pair like you have already.

Paul H
Ravinsomniac

Post by Ravinsomniac »

Thanks Paul, this sucker weighs almost 10 pounds. I've looked around the internet, and have not seen one exactly like it. I'll try calling Aldan. The spring is good, but the shock has been overheated and it's history. (probably from the engine heat)
Attachments
Kannon Shock
Kannon Shock
Ravinsomniac

Post by Ravinsomniac »

20180204_155848.jpg
I finally got around to installing my new Aldan American shocks on my Kannon. Garrett and Ferrel were great at helping me to get the right set up. These are Model #AS-656 shocks with the 11 way dampening adjuster knob on the top. First, I tried the 400 pound springs and thought they were too soft, so I sent them back and they swapped them out for the 650 pound springs at no charge. These springs are FIRM. Other riders who may want to duplicate these may want to try the 550 or 600 pounders. The Kannon shocks are at an almost 45 degree angle, which is more than the Boss shocks, which is why I went with a much stronger spring. The shock is less effective at a steep angle. If you have any rear shock questions, call them at (310)834-7478.