LS 3 motor &kewlmetal front end intake problems

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
keithsv8

LS 3 motor &kewlmetal front end intake problems

Post by keithsv8 »

Converted front end to kewl metal on a LS3 motor, having a problem getting the intake tube air tight, the engine gives a o2 low voltage code eventually. Rebuilt the intake several times using different hardware and trying different things. I have it running way better than the dealer did after the conversion but its still not perfect. Has anyone else experienced this and what was the final fix????
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: LS 3 motor &kewlmetal front end intake problems

Post by CanuckHoss »

keithsv8 wrote:Converted front end to kewl metal on a LS3 motor, having a problem getting the intake tube air tight, the engine gives a o2 low voltage code eventually. Rebuilt the intake several times using different hardware and trying different things. I have it running way better than the dealer did after the conversion but its still not perfect. Has anyone else experienced this and what was the final fix????
One of my Canadian friends , Richard, built his own complete snorkel for the aircleaner so it flowed the same size all the way. He had to lower his radiator a bit but sure looked like it would work nice..
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham