In line fuel filter for fuel injection engines

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
Ronald
$ite $upporter

In line fuel filter for fuel injection engines

Post by Ronald »

Sorry to bother again :oops:
Playing with the trike, I found out that the in line fuel filters it has are for carburetor engines and not FI ones, that is not good, it may be why about 3 times the trike has just stopped while riding, starving from gas symptoms and after a little bit, it will start again and run like nothing had happened, for those that has FI engines, what kind or brand of in line fuel filters you have?
Boss Hoss has one for $100, wondering if you got yours somewhere else and if you have had good results
Thanks in advance, again !! :siterock:

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Re: In line fuel filter for fuel injection engines

Post by Ronald »

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Do not know what the Fuel pressure requirements are for the FI Bikes. As long as it is 75psi or under that looks like a winner.
I do not know why or where someone would claim fuel filters are bad for FI systems. Every Vehicle I own has one or two. I know they are there because I change them :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

Fuel filters are NOT bad at all, but depending if you have a carburetor or FI system, the filters are different, the carburetor needs much less pressure than the FI, therefore, the filter for FI should be able to handle pressure, at least 40psi, you put a paper element filter on a FI system, most likely the element inside the filter will collapse and block the filter or even worst, it may brake since can not hold the pressure, some manufacturers even label the filters as not to use on FI systems.
So you should have fuel filters, they are good, is just to have the right one for your needs

Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

http://www.summitracing.com/search/depa ... =Ascending

Damn right you need a fuel filter to protect your injectors; a 10 micron on the discharge side of the pump is required.
Click on the link, then continue to drill down by selecting type of fittings, length, etc.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

I put the Jeg's filter on my bike when I re did all of my fuel lines. I converted everything to high quality, braided hose and AN fittings instead of the shitty barb fittings and parts store worm clamps that BH uses on their 50K+ motorcycles.
The filter works just fine. BTW, the pressure has no effect on the filter element. It will not collapse. The pressure is equal on all sides of the element, so it just sits there and does its job
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/