Ride-On Tire Sealant & Balancer

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
V8Norm

Ride-On Tire Sealant & Balancer

Post by V8Norm »

Last week I changed my front tire. I bought some dyno beeds. I use these in the first tire. So when I went to the bike shop I asked to install the beeds and he said to try ride-on for a $10.00 extra charge. so I did. We went on a 1200 ride and I like it. the bars were smooth. Less bouncing then the beeds. I don't know what it does to the inside of the rim, or how it last, but my first ride was good.
And it is safer. less chance of a flat :thumbup:
Norm
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Re: Ride-On Tire Sealant & Balancer

Post by Iron Maiden »

Good to know - I am just about due for a front tire. Thanks

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

We have sold lots of DynaBeads and lots of RideOn...not so sure that the RideOn is as good as the video for flats but it balances well. To each their own and there is no bad choice I think.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Don't get me started on Ride-On as I think it's one of the biggest ripoffs in the automotive industry. We covered this topic in detail a while back on the other forum. I'm not a believer in beads either as I think if either really worked they would come standard from the factory instead of good old fashioned lead weights. But that's just my opinion. I had Ride-On in my front tire several years ago and picked up a small nail so I figured I'd pull the nail out and see what happened. Well nothing happened except all the air came out of the tire. Glad I was in my garage when this happened. So when I removed the tire from the wheel the Ride-On was nothing more than a sloshy watery liquid, absolutely nothing at like what their video shows. I both called and emailed them about this and received no reply. You really don't know if it's working or not. Just hope you don't pick up a nail on the road somewhere and find out the hard way.
2009 350/385 MBH bike
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I THINK THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF SHIT. AIR ALONE WORKS FINE WITH A PROPERLY BALANCED ASSEMBLY. RECENTLY RODE MY CHOPPER AT 152 MPH WITH NO VIBRATION AND NO BEADS OR ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN AIR.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada