To PCV Valve or not

repairs, maintanence, electrical wizardry, mechanical epiphany, etc.
Forum Sponsored byHP Lubricants
addicted08

Re: To PCV Valve or not

Post by addicted08 »

Hey WM, I love the turtle cartoons!!! They are too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Before the invention of crankcase ventilation in 1928, the engine oil seals were designed to withstand this pressure, oil leaking to the road surface was accepted, and the dipstick was screwed in.

Hogwash, my Model "T" Ford had a ventilated crankcase as did all of them since 1909. The whole Wiki article is full of myth and half truths. I have been around a lot of antique cars and do not know of a single one that had a sealed crankcase or seals designed to leak. Hooey!

If you vent the pressure into the air, it has to go somewhere. Usually it slobbers all over the underside of your vehicle and on a bike, probably the rear tire. Bottom line is, it will keep your bike cleaner
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

When I was growing up the cars didn't have any PVC valves. There was an oil filler cap on a tube that led to the block or it was on a valve cover. There was also a tube that about an inch or a little bigger in diameter that led to the crankcase and had its open end facing the road. It was called a road tube back then as I recall. Anyway it worked good and everything was fine until the the envoirmentalists decided it was ruining the earth and with their superior knowledge demanded change. They have been laying their bullshit on us ever since and now we have the global warming theory with the possible extinction of the internal combustion engine looming in the distance. Until then I am trying to have the worlds largest carbon footprint, just one more reason to love my V8 bikes. Dave

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Ric

Post by Ric »

You're right about the BS there Squirm. The world powers have an adgenda up their sleeves, and they are using Global Warming, and Environmental issues to play their trump card. Your average person can see the 'sense' it makes to protect our limited resources on the planet. And in truth, they DID stop a majority of 'wholesale polution'... however, these cats (The Politicians) don't really give a rat's ass about the true effects on the planet (Unless they can convice the public come Voting Time). Like I said, they have a plan up their sleeves, and your average Joe is eating it up 'hook, line, and sinker'!!!

Politics is one of the most complex of human control, along with financial institutions. Your average citizen just worries 'What's in it for themselves'. It's like presenting Advanced Calculus Mathematics to Grade School kids... tell them it's necessary to know it, and they will eventually follow. Especially if it's jammed down their throats in the TV commercials, and Newspapers.

It's easy to turn general population into sheep.

And there is MONEY to be MADE doing it!

Now, we just have to determine.... is it too late to turn it around... and if not... HOW do we do it?

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada