TXscooterguy

Heated grips.

Post by TXscooterguy »

Anyone install a set on a Boss Hoss?
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: Heated grips.

Post by CanuckHoss »

Not yet but the best ones are Heat Demons...we sell lots for Harleys..

If you do not have an Electric vest or jacket yet then that should be your first purchase...warm the core...warm the extremities...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Ive never used heated grips. Are they any good ? Ive always thought that with the wind chill on your knuckles andvthe fact that your palms are insulated they wouldnt be very efficient. Im with Barry heated vest and gloves are the dogs dangles if you can put up with the rats nest of cables involved !!
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

CanuckHoss wrote:If you do not have an Electric vest or jacket yet then that should be your first purchase...warm the core...warm the extremities...
I have a Gerbing electric vest and a pair of electric gloves. A few years ago I lost the fingers on my left hand. That makes the gloves pretty much useless. I have a pair of Avon heated grips on my Harley. Wearing a light pair of gloves (with left fingers removed) works well. The Heat Demons come with a control unit that is specifically designed to replace a piece of the Harley control cluster. Not sure how they would mount on the Boss Hoss.
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

knockdolian wrote:Ive never used heated grips. Are they any good ?
I always made fun of riders with heated seats and grips. Then I bought a '93 BMW R100 GSPD that came with them. I was crossing the Florida Panhandle on a damp December evening. I flipped the switch. After a few minutes I felt the heat in my hands. A little later I felt the heat extending up my arms. I had to go around and apologize to the folks I laughed at.
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

My first road bike with heated grips and seat was a BMW K1200LT ..heat was satisfactory at best..Had a 2011 Harley flhtk with heated grips , and my 2015 flhtkse with grips and seat are fantasatic much much better than the BMW..seat on high and grips on setting 1 of up to 5 is almost too hot! thought about vest ,But I don't ride when salt on roads so pretty limited winter riding
phpBB [video]
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

knockdolian wrote:Ive never used heated grips. Are they any good ? Ive always thought that with the wind chill on your knuckles andvthe fact that your palms are insulated they wouldnt be very efficient. Im with Barry heated vest and gloves are the dogs dangles if you can put up with the rats nest of cables involved !!
The new stuff is much simpler as far as cables etc..plug in at the bottom of the sleeve of the electric jacket...

I have never had heated grips...have a really really good pair of clod weather HD gloves...that and the electric vest have done for over 20 years...a couple days ago I tried the electric jacket and am hooked on the sleeves being heated too...

Without electric gear my riding season would be shorter and where I rode to would be different too.
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
TXscooterguy

Post by TXscooterguy »

I talked to the folks at Heat Demons. They recommended their universal metric kit. It should be here in a day or two and I'll work with Curtis to get it installed.