Winters Tranny unveiled...

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Winters Tranny unveiled...

Post by V8Bikers »

This is a post from Wild Bill (Bill Taylor) on FaceBook with Ricky's response ......

Bill Taylor (Wild Bill)
"DANG, it's just sitting RIGHT THERE today at Mountain Boss Hoss... waiting for a new home!!! I sure would love to see what that bad boy feels like in my bike!!!"

""Capable of 3,000 HP. Pressure is currently set at 70 lbs and would need to be dialed-up a bit to put big HP to the ground with a racing slick," Bob from Winters said today. They set the pressure at 70 for street bikes so the 1-2 shift doesn't snap your neck. Dialing-up the pressure is easily done, though, if you wanted to race your bike. Winters has 35 cases right now and parts to make 100 units. Available in approx. 8 weeks. The unit pictured above is "the first production unit." Easily can do a burnout in second gear - from a stop. You could also do a burnout in reverse if you wanted. Pricing will be determined by Mountain Boss Hoss soon.

Exciting!!!"

Ricky Dietz....
"At the factory we put about 2500 miles on it in our 525hp SS.
We tried to break it as per Winters instructions and couldn't. We took off in second gear countless times on full throttle plus power shifting countless times.
After I / we were done with it Tom removed the tranny and Winters disassembled to inspect, I'm told that the transmission was inspected, mic'd, zero wear or damage was found. Transmission was reassembled and reinstalled in our factory 525 and will return to Dyersburg Sunday.
I'm told that I will learn the status and availability of this transmission next week.
Hopefully, this transmission will be an option at a minimum or standard OEM for 2017 models; I'm excited about it and hope it becomes reality."
Attachments
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Re: Winters Tranny unveiled...

Post by CanuckHoss »

Man...how can we not be excited....as Eagle would say "Outfornicatinglystanding"!!!!!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

This is more than just good news, its great news. The new bikes that come equipped with that trans and a 525 HP LS engine or even more are going to be great bikes. Its taken years but it seems to be finally becoming a reality. WILL THEY RETRO FIT INTO THE OLD BIKES?

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Great news... Can't wait to here where the price point is going to be.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

from what I've heard it will fit in our frames with no modifications..However it looks like there is more wiring involved...Might just be more visible wiring on the ones I saw..
phpBB [video]
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

I asked Bob from Winters if this trans will retrofit. He said that it will absolutely fit all the way back to the 2000 model Boss Hoss bikes.

Randy, it was great hanging out with you!!!

WB
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

SQ4MN wrote: WILL THEY RETRO FIT INTO THE OLD BIKES?
When I talked to Tom in Daytona, I was told Yes :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Shit...now a guy can grbn an old 2001 or so BB fairly cheap..drop in the Winters tranny and be trouble free till the whole bike wears out...
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I bought all the parts to rebuild my old Nesco when they were available and they're still in the box. I was afraid the Nesco might take a shit and the bike would be worthless. It's good to know that there is a new and really good alternative to the old transmissions, these bike will run forever if the trans is as strong as the motor. The new bikes will really be nice with that trans and an LS motor, hopefully the price of one won't be unaffordable.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

I asked Bob about HP loss on their new Winters trans vs. the Nesco. I told him that a perception exists with some that the HP loss seems a bit excessive with the Nesco.

Bob said he believes that his Winters trans should have about the same parasitic HP loss as the Nesco.

WB
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
Jack

Post by Jack »

Bill- the cure for that is more HP!

If be willing to hack up my bike to get one of these in there. I miss my torque converter :(
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Wild Bill wrote:I asked Bob about HP loss on their new Winters trans vs. the Nesco. I told him that a perception exists with some that the HP loss seems a bit excessive with the Nesco.

Bob said he believes that his Winters trans should have about the same parasitic HP loss as the Nesco.

WB
Bob is correct, the HP / Torque to the rear wheel will be the same, possibly even less due the fact that the Winters uses ATF. Most people can't use all of the power anyway, I know that I can't anyway........but I still want MORE!!
The torque converter is still used, same one currently as before.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Ricky - the new transmission sounds very nice but for those of us with existing Nesco's - will replacement parts be available for repairs should we have a maintenance issue?
2009 350/385 MBH bike
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Sonny wrote:Ricky - the new transmission sounds very nice but for those of us with existing Nesco's - will replacement parts be available for repairs should we have a maintenance issue?
Sonny, ABSOLUTELY.
Nesco parts will continue to be supported/available.
The Winters transmission is NOT a done deal, Tom has been trying to get that transmission into production for around 10 years; we are all waiting to hear final decision from Tom and Winters, the prospects of it becoming reality is quite high.

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
BossHossJohn

Post by BossHossJohn »

I am glad that the jerk off from Tn. Did not sell me 502 bike with the Vanguish trans in it after I won it on ebay. I will be much better off with an LS 3 & this trans. I talked with Bob and Mark, I will wait it out.
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

I believe I know the person who bought that bike with the Vanquish tranny just a bit ago if the deal went through. Can't say who it is...sorry...
CanuckHoss

BossHossJohn

Post by BossHossJohn »

CanuckHoss wrote:I believe I know the person who bought that bike with the Vanquish tranny just a bit ago if the deal went through. Can't say who it is...sorry...
I can, Norm bought it.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-06-28-17-48-20.jpg
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

BossHossJohn wrote:I am glad that the jerk off from Tn. Did not sell me 502 bike with the Vanguish trans in it after I won it on ebay. I will be much better off with an LS 3 & this trans. I talked with Bob and Mark, I will wait it out.
John whats the story. Did you win a Boss Hoss? How did that happen? Congrats.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

John is right..he spilled the beans on Norm....but as far as I know the deal is not completed...
CanuckHoss

SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

How did he win a Boss Hoss?

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

He sent in 10 Ovaltine labels, 25 cents and a SASE to Rickey.
Actually, I think he "won" the eBay auction. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

SO HE DIDN'T WIN A FREE BIKE!!!!! is the real story that Norm and John were bidding against each other on Ebay on a 502 bike and Norm won?

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

Well, I've heard of a Tennessee Walker and a Tennessee white snake, but who is the Tennessee Jerkoff??
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Hopefully Norm may chime in here and update us if there is anything...NORM????????
CanuckHoss

Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Wild Bill wrote:I asked Bob from Winters if this trans will retrofit. He said that it will absolutely fit all the way back to the 2000 model Boss Hoss bikes.
Yayyyyyyyyy!! Yes! That's the news I like to hear.
My 100-proof woman
A bottle of 95-proof whiskey
A tank of 90-proof gas
And 502ci of V8 bike
:ridding: