NEED CFM NUMBERS FOR THE CARBY MIKE QUADRA JET

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
misfit

NEED CFM NUMBERS FOR THE CARBY MIKE QUADRA JET

Post by misfit »

Can anyone tell me what the CFM is for the stock carb on my 04 small block? Also is the "hot cam" set up the LT4 HOT CAM with 1.6 Rockers? I'm ordering a Coan converter and they need all of the engine specs...
Thanks,
George
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Re: NEED CFM NUMBERS FOR THE CARBY MIKE QUADRA JET

Post by Carl La Fong »

I would think that Coan would be aware of all the stock BH numbers. The hot cam setup is supplied by Comp Cams. Someone must know the specs. The Quadrajet is a 750 CFM. Whether Mike went through it or not, the CFM will remain the same
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

misfit

Post by misfit »

Thanks for the info guys. I was kind of surprised that they didn't have the info either. I talked to Walker at Coan. He was familiar with the Boss Hoss but said he would need me to fill out all of the info on cam specs and carb cfm's. Boss Hoss concepts makes torque converters too. But theirs is $100.00 more than Coan's. The guy I talked to at Boss Hoss Concepts said he is doing all of the Boss trannys now.
George
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

If your talking about a ZZ4 engine , no , the 1.6 roller rockers are not included in the GM Hot Cam kit and I don't think the 1.6 rollers rockers are included with the factory set up either .
misfit

Post by misfit »

It's an 04 Mountain small block. I called mountain to see if they did anything special and was told they just order the 385 hp with the GM hot cam from the factory. Mine does have roller rockers. Not sure if that's factory or not?
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

the cam specs I posted are now incorrect as they are for the Comp Cams kit that the factory installed. 1.5 rockers are standard with the Comp. Cams kit not 1.6. You can go online and get the cam specs for the GM hot cam.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-12480002/
Buck
Last edited by Buck on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Post by SRF »

Buck wrote:the cam specs I posted are now incorrect as they are for the Comp Cams kit that the factory installed. 1.5 rockers are standard with the Comp. Cams kit not 1.6. You can go online and get the cam specs for the GM hot cam.
Buck
04 should be the comp cams kit not a GM kit that is what my 03 has, sometime before that they used the actual GM hot cam if I remember right. Funny thing about this is when I was looking for a Coan converter years ago and tried to give them my engine specs I was told they only make the converter one way. If I remember correctly the person I was talking to was Craig.

Shane
misfit

Post by misfit »

Shane, The first time I called them the guy I talked to said they might even have one on the shelf, but when he checked they didn't... When I called to day I was thinking I could just order one but the guy I talked to today wanted me to fill out all of the info??
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

sounds to me that Boss Hoss concepts has what you need,,But asked for 100.00 more...Probably worth the cost and would help support a dealer...My $.02
phpBB [video]
misfit

Post by misfit »

Well I decided to just order one from Tim at Boss Hoss Concepts. He said his are built beefier with extra bearings and other stuff I didn't understand? Too bad it'll be a couple of weeks before I can get it and install it!! The wife and I are going to Sturgis the week before the official rally. Would have liked to have it installed by then.. Oh well now I wait.
George