Tire Monitoring to your Smartphone fobobikesales.com

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Gator
$ite $upporter

Tire Monitoring to your Smartphone fobobikesales.com

Post by Gator »

Fobo Bike Tire Monitoring System from http://www.fobobikesales.com really works;
Heres what happened to me last week. I recieved them in the mail just before we were leaving to ride across Florida to go to Daytona Bike Week.
I intalled them on my Boss HossTrike right away. They Installed in minutes . You select the low pressure and high pressure alarms as well as the normal pressure. When I set them up I wasn't sure where to set the high pressure so I used 10% or 44psi for the high alarm. While riding across Florida it was 87 degrees and the asphalt was well over 106 degrees. After 2-1/2 hours of peaceful back road riding listening to my music (my phone is bluetoothed to my helmet) I HEAR THIS WAILING SOUND IN MY HELMET........... my phone is on the handlebars in view and I saw the trike motorcycle picture with the front tire box flashing RED with the tire pressure of 45 psi. I pulled over and reset the high pressure set point to 48 psi and the front tire box stopped flashing RED. Now when I go to ride I walk up to the trike, take out my cell phone, tap the icon and read the tire pressure, temperature and battery level for each tire. No bending over with a tire gauge trying to get my hands in between the brake rotors. Just read it and Ride. I have installed them on our bicycles as well. I love them... with out a doubt you will too. They weigh 10 grams each and no tire balance problems at all. You can buy them through eBay - Amazon or the website http://www.fobobikesales.com. They might just save your life one day....and that would be a good thing.
Gator
Last edited by Gator on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wild Bill

Re: Tire Monitoring to your Smartphone fobobikesales.com

Post by Wild Bill »

Gator,

Thanks for the tip - I'm going to buy these right away!

BTW, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the recommended front tire pressure for a BH trike was in the upper 40's. I run 49 lbs on my BH bike front.

WB
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
V8Bikers
Site Admin

Post by V8Bikers »

Gator- what a concept- I love it!!! I check my tires on every vehicle once a week and it is a pain in the butt and time consuming, especially the bikes. The valve is never in a convenient place and always worried bout scratching the chrome with the gauge or my wedding band. I have lost 3 wedding bands by misplacing them :shock:

I do have a question is it one app that you can see all your vehicles on or does each set have its own app?

I will definitely check out your site and videos.

P.S- we are working on your banner ad and congrats on our being our newest advertiser!!

DeLand, FL.

"This is just one of the many reasons I love V8Bikers; able to openly display T&A, curse, say what you will;
able to be a fucking man here. Thanks Bill" - Grand Canard
Gator
$ite $upporter

Post by Gator »

Bill
you can display 9 motorcycles on one app. Which includes the three senders for Sue's trike as well.
Gator
Gator
$ite $upporter

Post by Gator »

The factory recommended tire pressure is stamped on the ID plate on the fork it shows frt 40 psi cold and rear 28psi cold. My front tire went from 40 psi to 46psi when i rode across the state to goto daytona. I have my high temp alarm at 48psi and my low at 36 psi.
Gator
Gator
$ite $upporter

Post by Gator »

Bill
You have to be within 10 feet of the sender to obtain the data. If the tire box on your phone is grayed out thats historical or previous data. As soon as you get close to the bike the new data appears in a clear box.
Gator
tjy

Post by tjy »

I'm interested in a set for my V8 Chopper trike, It shows $99.00 for a bike How much for a trike? Edit: We found the Ebay add and ordered three sets! Thxs
Last edited by tjy on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Here is a trike setup for sale on Ebay...but won't ship to Canuckland...have an email in to them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boss-HossTrike- ... 39&vxp=mtr

ALso...have not seen a recommended tire pressure on a Boss Hoss trike or bike below 45 psi

Tom...if you buy a set maybe I will get you to order 2 and then you can mail me mine if they won't ship here???
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
tjy

Post by tjy »

:thumbup: Sounds like a plan!!

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Gator,

I am assuming that you are a Fobo rep or the manufacture or semething like that? I see the new logo advertiser

Tom,

lets see where this goes...THANK YOU!
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Being Cheap by nature ... What are the odds of a Group Buy or Forum Discount? Looking for three sets for the bikes in my garage.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Gator,

Question: I am mostly interested in early warning of low pressing while riding - due to tire puncture, etc.

So, is there an option for a Bluetooth warning light that I can install on the dash of my bike? My phone is in my pocket when I ride so I don't think I will hear or see any warnings & I don't want to install a cell phone holder on my bike.

Thanks!

WB
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a vehicle so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
Gator
$ite $upporter

Post by Gator »

tjy wrote:I'm interested in a set for my V8 Chopper trike, It shows $99.00 for a bike How much for a trike? Edit: We found the Ebay add and ordered three sets! Thxs
Thank you tjy.
Gator
Gator
$ite $upporter

Post by Gator »

CanuckHoss wrote:Here is a trike setup for sale on Ebay...but won't ship to Canuckland...have an email in to them

ALso...have not seen a recommended tire pressure on a Boss Hoss trike or bike below 45 psi

Tom...if you buy a set maybe I will get you to order 2 and then you can mail me mine if they won't ship here???
The ID tag on my 2013 Gangsta is stamped 40 psi cold front and 28psi cold rear.
Gator
Gator
$ite $upporter

Post by Gator »

CanuckHoss wrote:Gator,

I am assuming that you are a Fobo rep or the manufacture or semething like that? I see the new logo advertiser

Tom,

lets see where this goes...THANK YOU!
Thanks Tom, You are correct.
They are advertised on eBay, Amazon and our website www.fobobikesales.com.
I can use all the help I can get at this point.
Gator
$ite $upporter

Post by Gator »

Wild Bill wrote:Gator,

Question: I am mostly interested in early warning of low pressing while riding - due to tire puncture, etc.

So, is there an option for a Bluetooth warning light that I can install on the dash of my bike? My phone is in my pocket when I ride so I don't think I will hear or see any warnings & I don't want to install a cell phone holder on my bike.

Thanks!

WB
Not sure Bill.
Its a very good question. let me work on it. I know we can get your phone to transmit a bluetooth freq all we have to do is find a reciever relay to flash an LED. When you download the app you can pick the alarm tone you want (you get to hear them when you select). thats what we'll use to transmit to a relay. I think its a great option if I can find the pieces. The proto type will be my gift to you. Mine is easy because my phone is bluetoothed to my helmet. when the alarm went off I didnt know wheathr to shit or go blind!
Gator
Ronald
$ite $upporter

Post by Ronald »

sorry to bother, but if you need to remove the sensors just to fill the tires, you need to disable them or just unscrew, fill and screw them back?
Thanks

if it has a solution, why to worry? and if not, why to worry?
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Gator wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:Here is a trike setup for sale on Ebay...but won't ship to Canuckland...have an email in to them

The ID tag on my 2013 Gangsta is stamped 40 psi cold front and 28psi cold rear.
Gator
Just FYI .. On V8 Bikes, the front tire pressure is usually set about 49 for maximum uniform Tire wear. We ignore the sidewall because recommended running pressure reduces tire life by about 40%.

Trikes I cannot comment on as I have never owned one.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Gator wrote:The factory recommended tire pressure is stamped on the ID plate on the fork it shows frt 40 psi cold and rear 28psi cold. My front tire went from 40 psi to 46psi when i rode across the state to goto daytona. I have my high temp alarm at 48psi and my low at 36 psi.
Gator
I am thinking that the 40psi you are referring to could be for the all aluminum LS3 motor which is quite a bit lighter on the front end than a BB and somewhat lighter than the LS300 cast block..I would almost bet that the LS300 trike would have a higher recommended lbs similar to the ZZ4 trikes and bikes of 49lbs or so
CanuckHoss

petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

The factory can't stamp a higher rating than the tire manufacturer recommends for obvious reasons. Just sharing what works in the real world :)
zyoung

Post by zyoung »

Ronald wrote:sorry to bother, but if you need to remove the sensors just to fill the tires, you need to disable them or just unscrew, fill and screw them back?
Thanks

Ronald - I just installed these on my trike today, if your tires need air you just unscrew them, add air and put them back. The only time you need to "re-connect" them with your smartphone is when you adjust tire pressures and warning levels in the APP. Not hard to install, they have a locknut that goes under the unit so it doesn't come off. So carrying the very small wrench to remove the locknut is not a big issue. It even comes with a keychain attachment so you can always have it.

All in all, they do exactly what they are suppose too. :thumbup: I hadn't checked the pressure on my tires in a while so after installing them the APP began alarming (which I heard over the motor running at Idle) because the back tires were lower than required.

-Zach
"If it is to be, it is up to me." - Noel Mast

CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

zyoung wrote:
Ronald wrote:sorry to bother, but if you need to remove the sensors just to fill the tires, you need to disable them or just unscrew, fill and screw them back?
Thanks

Ronald - I just installed these on my trike today, if your tires need air you just unscrew them, add air and put them back. The only time you need to "re-connect" them with your smartphone is when you adjust tire pressures and warning levels in the APP. Not hard to install, they have a locknut that goes under the unit so it doesn't come off. So carrying the very small wrench to remove the locknut is not a big issue. It even comes with a keychain attachment so you can always have it.

All in all, they do exactly what they are suppose too. :thumbup: I hadn't checked the pressure on my tires in a while so after installing them the APP began alarming (which I heard over the motor running at Idle) because the back tires were lower than required.

-Zach

Cool..can't wait for mine..did you polish the caps with ummm...errrrr...never mind dude!! LOL
CanuckHoss

zyoung

Post by zyoung »

:lol:

Quote from Joe Dirt - :toofunny:
Attachments
joedirt.png
"If it is to be, it is up to me." - Noel Mast

Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:lol: :toofunny:

tjy

Post by tjy »

zyoung wrote:
Thanks

-Zach
Mr Young Is it true to use these, One should have steel valve stems in their wheels?