Squirm

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SQ4MN

Re: Squirm

Post by SQ4MN »

Hi you guys, I thought I'd check in. I'm in the same club LaFong is in and I missed the ride Saturday. Its a bummer to miss the ride, we have at least one every month and they're always fun. Its hard to believe that in our little club of only 11 members we have three V8 bike riders. My hand is healing but it still hurts. Today I got the stitches out. One part of the hand is still not closed up but its getting there. I tried to ride the Triumph the other night but I only made it 30 miles of in town riding. The old fashioned Triumph still has a clutch (how primitive) and my hand isn't ready for it yet. The BH is at Cal Boss Hoss and it will be fixed someday, the insurance has not made any decisions yet. Luckily for me I still have another V8 and the little Triumph so I don't have to rush anything. Its hotter than hell here in Las Vegas so really no fun to ride here right now. In four weeks it will be nice weather here again for the next nine months. One amazing thing about the Triumph is that it is hotter to ride than the Boss Hoss. I hope to get rid of the catalytic mufflers and wrapp the header with heat wrap this week, also richen up the mix, maybe it will be cooler. I'm also putting a Borg Warner overdrive in my 1938 Buick, the parts should be out of the machine shop this week. That project will keep me busy for another week. By the time thats done I might have an idea about the insurance companies initial plans about fixing the BH. I love being retired even under the present circumstances, life is good.
Attachments
ROCKET 3.JPG
BOSS HOSS.JPG
38 buick pic.jpg

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Be sure to have an actual conversation with the adjuster they send out to your bike. If they are as uneducated as mine was, they will just want to total your bike and cut you a check for the $15 - $18K that the Auto value book guys assign it.

When he starts talking that nonsense, tell him to find one that matches your year make model and condition as if they were going to replace it. They will quickly find that the Blue and Black Books are way off.

I sincerely hope that the guy that hit you has real insurance and not just minimum limits.

Insurance companies are a total PITA to deal with! Hopefully you get a human being :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

You have the right attitude Dave...heal quick
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

petitemoose wrote:Be sure to have an actual conversation with the adjuster they send out to your bike. If they are as uneducated as mine was, they will just want to total your bike and cut you a check for the $15 - $18K that the Auto value book guys assign it.

When he starts talking that nonsense, tell him to find one that matches your year make model and condition as if they were going to replace it. They will quickly find that the Blue and Black Books are way off.

I sincerely hope that the guy that hit you has real insurance and not just minimum limits.

Insurance companies are a total PITA to deal with! Hopefully you get a human being :)
Dave...

If they write your bike off I have 2 awesome / priced well options for you here...that is if you want another Hoss...
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham